Thread: The strange story of Sharp Innova

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I didnt read all of the post so excuse me if this has been said, look at the little screws in the front sight, one vertical in the top of the sight, two from each side lower than the centre of the barrel.

They are to fine tune the accuracy, especially if you have ran out of adjustment, if you cant raise or lower the sights far enough.

Loosening them allows the barrel to be pushed down by tightening the vertical screw, or loosening the vertical screw, and tightening the side screws evenly will raise the barrel.

There is left and right adjustment there too.

I think on later models the screws have been replaced by an oring, holding the barrel inside the front sight.

You may already known this.

Thanks for an interesting story.
    I've gone away from Sharp Innovas to Benjamin 347/342 etc.
    Opposite to the expressed opinion I've found the Benjamins to be better made rifles. The Innova relies heavily on the plastic breech and forend to keep everything together, after 30 years those plastic parts are starting to break up.
    The Benjamin is all Brass and steel - no plastic anywhere on it.

Also the Sharp exhaust (dump) valve has an inherent design flaw, every time the gun is fired the exhaust valve is ejected at high speed through the exhaust 'O' ring, this O ring will (and does) fail regularly.
    The Benjamin exhaust valve is a hammer open type, only air passes over the large sealing surface when the valve is struck.

Scope mounting is where the Sharp wins, but I hate the bloody things anyway, a Benjy 342 with a peep sight can group 1/2" all day long at 25yds and that's good enough for the rabbits where I live.

The early Benjamins 342/347 are pretty much all over 12ftlbs, but they're easy enough to make legal - the same mods applied to Ratcatchers to increase the power can be applied to the Benjy, but the other way round to decrease the power.
    Your average legal 342 will give 3 full power shots from 10 pumps - it's like having a PCP with a pump built in )

Thanks for reading men.

Thereīs no doubt about Sheridanīs superiority every way we would compare them. Price Too. Think about buying it in origin for... 20 pounds?

Here my Sheridan 392. Sincerely, the reason why I came back into compressed air in adult life. http://antac.mforos.com/1616462/7880...92-calibre-22/

If anyone wants me for translating... only has to say about and I will do it trying not to elevate fury nor excessive laughs about my poor English.

Good Night!

sharp innova/webley rebel

i ve owned an innova for many many years ,loved it and cant fault its accuracy although i prefer to shoot springers now but on reading airgun world recently was interested to see the new webley rebel ,is it just me or does it appear to just be an old innova with a different trigger and stock ??

secretagentmole Guest
    It is the Innova, it is the Puma Innova with a new badge.

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    It is the Innova, it is the Puma Innova with a new badge.
    thanks for satisfying my curiosity

sharp innova..

hi there.this is the first time ive used a forum..and i am not brilliant with computors...i will give it a go..i have just read your input on sharp innova..it was very interesting..i have a mate whos got a sharp innova II its in good conditon it pumps up.but when you pull the trigger nothing happens,its like a safety is on.but there does not apear to be a safety catch anywhere..have you any idea what the problem might be..