Thanks for an interesting story.
I've gone away from Sharp Innovas to Benjamin 347/342 etc.
Opposite to the expressed opinion I've found the Benjamins to be better made rifles. The Innova relies heavily on the plastic breech and forend to keep everything together, after 30 years those plastic parts are starting to break up.
The Benjamin is all Brass and steel - no plastic anywhere on it.

Also the Sharp exhaust (dump) valve has an inherent design flaw, every time the gun is fired the exhaust valve is ejected at high speed through the exhaust 'O' ring, this O ring will (and does) fail regularly.
The Benjamin exhaust valve is a hammer open type, only air passes over the large sealing surface when the valve is struck.

Scope mounting is where the Sharp wins, but I hate the bloody things anyway, a Benjy 342 with a peep sight can group 1/2" all day long at 25yds and that's good enough for the rabbits where I live.

The early Benjamins 342/347 are pretty much all over 12ftlbs, but they're easy enough to make legal - the same mods applied to Ratcatchers to increase the power can be applied to the Benjy, but the other way round to decrease the power.
Your average legal 342 will give 3 full power shots from 10 pumps - it's like having a PCP with a pump built in )