Thread: 1322 help

1322 help

Hi, I picked up a 1322 last week from the forum. All seems to function fine, if a little low on 'umph'. I have run it over the chrono with AA fields (only .22's I have at the moment) and get no more than 3 ft lb. In fact 7, 8, 9, and 10 pumps all produce about the same power.

Is this normal for one of these? I was expecting more grunt per pump, with 10 pumps producing around 5ftlb.

It was made in March 1993, if that helps.

thanks Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by benchstop View Post
    Hi, I picked up a 1322 last week from the forum. All seems to function fine, if a little low on 'umph'. I have run it over the chrono with AA fields (only .22's I have at the moment) and get no more than 3 ft lb. In fact 7, 8, 9, and 10 pumps all produce about the same power.
    Is this normal for one of these? I was expecting more grunt per pump, with 10 pumps producing around 5ftlb.It was made in March 1993, if that helps.
    thanks Mike.
    Seems a bit low, I'd expect 5+. If I have time I'll check mine tomorrow and report back.
    Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end.”

definately something wrong with it bud, mines about a 1999 model, 3flbs at 10 pumps....not right, mine does nearly that with 3 pumps. sorry dont no enough about these to offer a solution to your problem, just learning about them myself.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    It should make more than that, have you oiled the piston with an appropriate oil?
    An off the shelf transfer port from a tuner may sort it out if yours is an under size item,
    Regards,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Goloskof View Post
    Seems a bit low, I'd expect 5+. If I have time I'll check mine tomorrow and report back.
    Thankyou.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    definately something wrong with it bud, mines about a 1999 model, 3flbs at 10 pumps....not right, mine does nearly that with 3 pumps. sorry dont no enough about these to offer a solution to your problem, just learning about them myself.
    They are new to me too.

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    It should make more than that, have you oiled the piston with an appropriate oil?
    An off the shelf transfer port from a tuner may sort it out if yours is an under size item,
    Regards,
    Nick
    Nick, do you mean 'pellgunoil'?
    I could really do with a decent 'strip guide'. Any pointers.......

many thanks, Mike

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by benchstop View Post
    Nick, do you mean 'pellgunoil'?
    I could really do with a decent 'strip guide'. Any pointers.......

many thanks, Mike
    Pellgunoil or Magic 9 Design SSP & CO2 Gun Oil ;-)
    The only things to watch for when stripping one are
    The safety spring & ball which will fall out of the top of the grip frame when you remove it if you let them
    and
    The valve comes out & goes back in the front
    and
    The rear sight screw is the top screw retaining the rear tube plug.
    Beyond that it's such simple screwdriver work I can't see you having a problem, grips off, front pivot out, piston & pump arm off, rearsight off, breech off, barrel off, grip frame off, plug & hammer out the back, valve block out the front.
    Pile of bits

- Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Pellgunoil or Magic 9 Design SSP & CO2 Gun Oil ;-)
    The only things to watch for when stripping one are
    The safety spring & ball which will fall out of the top of the grip frame when you remove it if you let them
    and
    The valve comes out & goes back in the front
    and
    The rear sight screw is the top screw retaining the rear tube plug.
    Beyond that it's such simple screwdriver work I can't see you having a problem, grips off, front pivot out, piston & pump arm off, rearsight off, breech off, barrel off, grip frame off, plug & hammer out the back, valve block out the front.
    Pile of bits

- Nick
    Ok, so that's it apart. I now need to know what I'm looking for to improve/restore power.

The pistol is at work at the mo. I will bring it home later, and strip it tonight. The good lady is away this evening, so a little grease on the kitchen table won't be a problem.

Have a good look at the valve stem, if it is ground square as opposed to round yours is an official detuned uk version. I had the same, made around 98, and it never exceeded 3 ft lbs, half the air escapes the air reservoir via the flats of the valve stem and not getting into the transfer port.
    Greg

Crosman 13** things to watch for when stripping

...... or the transfer port comes out and you never see it again after dropping it onto your lap (even though you and your wife spend 1/2 hour looking everywhere for it, hoover everything up and go through the bag with a fine tooth comb) and you have to order a new one. No doubt I will find it in 2 months time when I least expect it, which is what happens at work when a spring or clip flies off and I spend an hour crawling over the workshop floor looking for it.