Thread: Which Daystate/ or pcp for hft please.

Which Daystate/ or pcp for hft please.

Hi I'm a newbee at this and shooting and like the idea of buying my first pcp and I am looking at the daystate guns and I think I'm right in saying that some are better for field work(hitting bunnies and birdies) and some are more suited for target work? is this true and if so which ones should I be looking at for target shooting please.
    Or would u suggest a different pcp air rifle for target work please.......!
    let me know what u think, it can only help please.
    regards terry.

Quote Originally Posted by tg1973 View Post
    Hi I'm a newbee at this and shooting and like the idea of buying my first pcp and I am looking at the daystate guns and I think I'm right in saying that some are better for field work(hitting bunnies and birdies) and some are more suited for target work? is this true and if so which ones should I be looking at for target shooting please.
    regards terry.
    For all round use the MK4 is the one.. I have 3 Daystates and the Mk4 cost by far the least and would be the last gun I would part with...
    It is just incredibly accurate and consistent !! Absolutely the best gun I have !!

This gun is equally at home shooting Rabbits or targets though I only use it for HFT target shooting..

Daystate Platinum Mk4 100/100 .Lightstream 4.5x14x44 FFP Daystate Mk4 I.S . EB Sniper. Daystate Panther . Lightstream 4.5x14x44 FFP

Try before you buy

Hi Terry,

You need to find out which rifle fits you best... and like many things in life, it's often the last one you would expect.

I purchased a truly outstanding Walther from a fellow club member, in fact it was 'The Punisher' which was previously owned by Pete Sparkes who used it to win the 2009 UKAHFT Championship. Sparky has subsequently told me that it averaged 58, and it never dropped below 57 the whole time he had. Not surprising really, Sparky's reputation speaks for itself and Pete Dutton (the man for Walther tuning) tuned it to within an inch of its life.

So that was my HFT rifle sorted then.

I also happened to have a dog-eared old HW100 project gun which was in desperate need of some TLC. It cost me less than a third of the Walther. One of my good mates gave me a CS1000 stock, and as soon as I dropped the old HW100 action into this stock it was so obvious that this was the HFT gun for me.

Despite the Walthers pedigree, the HW100/CS1000 combination just fitted me perfectly and gave me an immediate edge on the kneelers and standers.

There are many guns which I would prefer to shoot well, but it seems as though the HW100/CS100 combo and I were just made for each other!

So my advice to you would be that you need to try as many different rifles as you possibly can. The best rifle in the world for another shooter, might no suit you. But you'll know it when you find it!

Cam.
    rangetime.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by tg1973 View Post
    regards terry.
    The best path, and perhaps saving money into the process, is to go to a club and ask the club shooters what they use, and have a few shots with them.

Quote Originally Posted by longbow72 View Post
    The best path, and perhaps saving money into the process, is to go to a club and ask the club shooters what they use, and have a few shots with them.
    Definitely the best few words of advice here !!

I like Cameron was smitten with having a top end gun in the form of a Steyr LG110FT which I fitted a cracking laminate wood set to along with some bling parts from UK Neil... Just had to have one but truth be told I cannot shoot the damn thing..

I get on far better with the Daystate Mk4 than any of the guns I have ( See Sig strip ) yet it cost by far the least of the four guns..

Try as many as You can !!
    Daystate Platinum Mk4 100/100 .Lightstream 4.5x14x44 FFP Daystate Mk4 I.S . EB Sniper. Daystate Panther . Lightstream 4.5x14x44 FFP

Quote Originally Posted by CameronWilson View Post
    Hi Terry,

You need to find out which rifle fits you best... and like many things in life, it's often the last one you would expect.

I purchased a truly outstanding Walther from a fellow club member, in fact it was 'The Punisher' which was previously owned by Pete Sparkes who used it to win the 2009 UKAHFT Championship. Sparky has subsequently told me that it averaged 58, and it never dropped below 57 the whole time he had. Not surprising really, Sparky's reputation speaks for itself and Pete Dutton (the man for Walther tuning) tuned it to within an inch of its life.

So that was my HFT rifle sorted then.

I also happened to have a dog-eared old HW100 project gun which was in desperate need of some TLC. It cost me less than a third of the Walther. One of my good mates gave me a CS1000 stock, and as soon as I dropped the old HW100 action into this stock it was so obvious that this was the HFT gun for me.

Despite the Walthers pedigree, the HW100/CS1000 combination just fitted me perfectly and gave me an immediate edge on the kneelers and standers.

There are many guns which I would prefer to shoot well, but it seems as though the HW100/CS100 combo and I were just made for each other!

So my advice to you would be that you need to try as many different rifles as you possibly can. The best rifle in the world for another shooter, might no suit you. But you'll know it when you find it!

Cam.
    Had virtually the same experience myself with a walther. Now shooting a hw100 and love it. The walther is going to a good home