Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air Arms Jackal - Original Spring/ Upgrade?

Grayling is offline Lego Leggaed letch and Lohan Lover with added Moist
    An Englishman & Scouser born & bred AND PROUD!
    I at present own a .22 walnut stocked Camargue and two of the ABS stocked varieties a Hi Power and Fire Power again in .22, they are all running at just under or just over 11 ftpds, which is ideal for these now 30 odd year old rifles. Two of the rifles have been resprung with round section BSA springs dating from the 70s and 80s that I was given by a friend who found them in a shop he'd just opened. These were old stock and certainly nothing special but they work perfectly in my old Air Arms rifles . I know a lot of folk seem to opt for Swedish steel square section springs, but the rifles I have resprung shoot very smoothly and consistently with what are bog standard air rifle springs. In my experience some of the custom springs like Airforce, Ox or Titan can make the rifles they are fitted in shoot harshly but worse still above legal power levels. Give me a smooth and consistent air rifle over power any time.
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.
    Co-founder of Treats 4 British Troops

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Grayling View Post
    I at present own a .22 walnut stocked Camargue and two of the ABS stocked varieties a Hi Power and Fire Power again in .22, they are all running at just under or just over 11 ftpds, which is ideal for these now 30 odd year old rifles. Two of the rifles have been resprung with round section BSA springs dating from the 70s and 80s that I was given by a friend who found them in a shop he'd just opened. These were old stock and certainly nothing special but they work perfectly in my old Air Arms rifles . I know a lot of folk seem to opt for Swedish steel square section springs, but the rifles I have resprung shoot very smoothly and consistently with what are bog standard air rifle springs. In my experience some of the custom springs like Airforce, Ox or Titan can make the rifles they are fitted in shoot harshly but worse still above legal power levels. Give me a smooth and consistent air rifle over power any time.
    Blimey Gary

You're talking sense!

Hope all's well mate

Matty
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Yep can't see anything maybe due to big scope covering it up on rail. But thanks for confirming with Gold sticker.

Its in absolute pristine condition and not a mark on it.
    A fair few mods on the rifle already and many parts ordered up, waiting delivery- still in progress. I can post pics up of the build along the way or when all is complete.

Lovely Jackal that, also looks in excellent condition, and you have another 2! Lucky bugger!

Any idea where I can get a spare plastic stock cheap?

Grayling is offline Lego Leggaed letch and Lohan Lover with added Moist
    An Englishman & Scouser born & bred AND PROUD!
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyBoy View Post
    Blimey Gary

You're talking sense!

Hope all's well mate

Matty

Hello MaTThew , it was easy I just cut and pasted one of your old posts job done . Yes mate all is well thanks .
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.
    Co-founder of Treats 4 British Troops

Quote Originally Posted by Grayling View Post
    Hello MaTThew , it was easy I just cut and pasted one of your old posts job done . Yes mate all is well thanks .
    I did wonder!

Feel free to garner more nuggets as and when old boy

Matty
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.