Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cased Webley Air Pistols

Iv'e been on the look out for a post-war Webley case for some time now without any luck. It would seem the post-war cases are a lot thinner on the ground than the pre-war ones. It's starting to look like I will end up having to buy a complete set even though I already have all the correct contents and really just need the case itself.

Regards

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by cinedux View Post
    http://s864.photobucket.com/user/cin...tml?sort=3&o=0

On the 8th of August 1876 , George Gibson Bussey, an English sporting goods manufacturer,was granted the first British patent relating to the design of a spring-powered airgun. Bussey's air rifles and pistols were indeed the only all-British airguns made in the latter part of the Victorian age. A fact that has ensured the inventor's place in the history of air weapons.
    Quite a nice stock as well.

Some pics of a Webley pistol box I made for a friend at the club on this thread...

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ley-pistol-box
    blah blah

I remember that one Dave.

Hi Brian,

Here's a link to a couple of my cases. I agree the Rexine cases are rarer than the canvas and leather.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fcyn08qgq...Tlf8xLZ5a?dl=0

The semi continental contouring on late cases makes it difficult for the cases to accommodate the Mark 1 due to the protruding trigger adjusting screw. Funnily enough, Webley advertising during the 1950s claimed the cases could accommodate the Senior, Mark 1 and Junior pistols.

Kind regards,

John

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Hi Brian,

Here's a link to a couple of my cases. I agree the Rexine cases are rarer than the canvas and leather.

The semi continental contouring on late cases makes it difficult for the cases to accommodate the Mark 1 due to the protruding trigger adjusting screw. Funnily enough, Webley advertising during the 1950s claimed the cases could accommodate the Senior, Mark 1 and Junior pistols.

Kind regards,

John
    That co-op one is a beauty John, is that a genuine item or a made up label? Either way it's very nice

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    That co-op one is a beauty John, is that a genuine item or a made up label? Either way it's very nice
    I think the case was relined in the past as the lining is very clean but the label 'feels' old to me. Shame it's not a Webley label but a retailer's label sometimes adds further interest and is even scarcer than the Webley version.

Kind regards,

John

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    I think the case was relined in the past as the lining is very clean but the label 'feels' old to me. Shame it's not a Webley label but a retailer's label sometimes adds further interest and is even scarcer than the Webley version.

Kind regards,

John
    I agree, I think the Army & Navy Co-op retailers label connects it from the factory to the the high street and is a nice reminder of a bygone age...(better than a Webley label) - A very nice find & thanks for sharing the photos

Hi Brian,

Kind regards,

John
    Hello John,

Thanks for sharing the pictures of the Webley cases. Although I have a preference for the layout of the earlier post-war case, either style would be nice to have.

Overall, I think the pre-war canvas cases more attractive than their post-war counterparts, but both certainly provide a great place to store the pistols.

Regards

Brian
    Last edited by Abasmajor; 04-02-2017 at 12:57 PM.

I agree Brian. They are certainly one of the must haves for any Webley collector. It took me years to find my first.

John

Hi Brian,

I have added a few images of cased Crosman 150 pistols to my earlier link, where the cases double up as target holders. They weigh in the region of 5 lbs before a pistol or any accessories are added!

John

Hi Brian,

I have added a few images of cased Crosman 150 pistols to my earlier link, where the cases double up as target holders. They weigh in the region of 5 lbs before a pistol or any accessories are added!

John
    Hi John,

Iv'e seen quite a few of these Crosman shooting kits which apart from being quite heavy obviously lack the elegance of the cases made from softer materials.

Having said that, they are extremely practical and Iv'e certainly found the Crosman 150 to be the most accurate .22 pistol of any type I own and a real pleasure to shoot.

Regards

Brian

Thumbs up

I've a few Webbo's but alas, None are cased Was given an old box for my Senior though (y)(

A couple of those have atually gone now in trades!! Think I only have thirteen now..

I'm surprised IJ hasn't been along yet to show his love for the 'Wobbley' pistols

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Although not a Webley, I have a cased Haenel 28 pistol, in a pre-war style canvas and leather case. It has a label on the inside of the lid, but that looks like a print/photocopy of the inside of the cardboard box lid. The case is precisely set out with partitions to fit the haenel only. All looks right apart from the label. Perhaps was adapted many years ago ?

http://s547.photobucket.com/user/Lak...aenel%20Pistol