Thread: LP 50e R.I.P?

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

LP 50e R.I.P?

After rumours of its demise and some problems with the electronic trigger it appears that Steyr have removed the LP 50 electronic from its website and reports are saying it has been dropped from production.
    The LP10 e is still in production.
    I heard there were problems and along with some club members did experience some in the early days, I was informed it was a shooter technique issue caused by the shooter not releasing the trigger between shots. I've had no problems with mine and think its the best trigger I've ever used including other electronics and also ones on single shots.
    If it stays out of production it will be a great shame as it is a superb pistol, though it could bump up the value of ones out there! I'll never sell mine though.
    Good Shooting
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

I heard rumours that the faulty electric trigger ones used to double shoot.
    Walther CPM 1

That is a bit of a shock.

You don't expect the wheels to come off of a Steyr.

My guess is that there is no inherent fault with the LP10E trigger (even though it is the same unit) when used on the single shot pistol.

Mine has never missed a beat and I know it is a very popular pistol so I hope this particular problem only relates to the triggers suitability when coupled to the multi-shot function.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

I'm aware of some trigger problems, I and another member initially had a problem of them not indexing corectly i.e. missing a pellet and going to the next, that had no logic as it happenned with various mags, mine just stopped doing it after approx 500 shots and has been faultless ever since.
    The double tapping (firing two shots) I was told was a trigger technique problem due to shooters not releasing correctly, if you do thatwith a mechanical LP50 it does not fire. Mine has worked perfectly and still does, its a shame if it does not reappear as they are a superb pistol and in my opinion the trigger is the best pistol trigger I've ever shot, single or five shot.
    I think this has started from the states, Steyr Sport is a tiny company, if some one has shouted litigation this may have prompted it, don't know but its still a shame. Glad I have mine!
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

It's Back!

I have just been on the Steyr site and the LP50E is still mentioned in several places, and the specifications are still there as well - but the picture is missing

Has it is really has gone?

Steyr is a tiny litle company I know - but are they not owned by Anschutz - a company with a little more clout maybe?
    Last edited by zooma; 12-07-2012 at 11:33 AM.

Bob
    The only places its mentioned is in the script so I think the person "removing" it missed a couple of references on the site.
    I've heard from other sources people have had major problems with them double tapping or more, the problem is trigger set up, when its right its superb, when its wrong its a b****r! And that its been discontinued.

Yes, Steyr is tiny (17 staff I think) and it is 51% owned by Anschutz, who are also not that big.

All very sad, mine works beautifully, and the trigger is superb.
    Robin

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    Bob
    The only places its mentioned is in the script so I think the person "removing" it missed a couple of references on the site.
    I've heard from other sources people have had major problems with them double tapping or more, the problem is trigger set up, when its right its superb, when its wrong its a b****r! And that its been discontinued.

Yes, Steyr is tiny (17 staff I think) and it is 51% owned by Anschutz, who are also not that big.

All very sad, mine works beautifully, and the trigger is superb.
    Robin
    I rather suspected that was the case ( about not all the script being removed) - but just hoped it was wrong!

Lets hope they can come up with something to make the electronic trigger more compatable with the 5 shot pistol as it is a shame to see any current match pistol range reduced in size and choice.

Given the relative size of the Steyr Anschutz empire I can understand why they would run scared of a potential US law suite - but if it promotes the development of an improved electronic trigger for the multi-shot pistol it may end up as a bonus for everyone - including the manufacturer.