Thread: Lack of FT & HFT in Yorkshire.

Lack of FT & HFT in Yorkshire.

Apologies and please move if in the wrong section.

As a newbie and just surfing around the threads, I see that apart from Emley Moor there seems to be a lack of FT & HFT shooting in the Yorkshire area. Or are there "plinking" clubs about that just do not shoot competition up to FT & HFT standards.

I would have thought Yorkshire to be a real stronghold for the air gun scene, maybe I am just plain wrong.

Phil*
    Calm or unflinching in face of trouble, defeat, or loss. May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies. If you can read this then thank a teacher. If you can read this in English then thank a soldier!.

Within 20 miles of you there are 4 established FT/HFT clubs. The NEFTA and BFTA websites have club finder sections.

redferns ftc
    emley moor ftc
    Anston ftc
    pontefract air rifle club
    all the above have field target shooters and also hft shooters who shoot to very high standards
    the voices made me do it, they tell me things, and they are talking now:eek:

Thank you for that guys.

Phil*
    Calm or unflinching in face of trouble, defeat, or loss. May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies. If you can read this then thank a teacher. If you can read this in English then thank a soldier!.

Just depending on where you are in Sheffield if your south of Sheffield and don't mind half an hour drive then look below in the signature at the link we do compete as a club doing the UKAHFT series and other events

Matt

Hi, thanks for that. I am north Sheffield so Emley Moor would be closest for me. Thanks again.

Phil*

Redferns is slightly closer to you, but only by a couple of miles.
    You probably have one of the richest areas in the uk for HFT and FT shooting venues with a good following, as has been said above..

Look on 'shooting the breeze' forum for fixtures.

I have just shot at Emley (midgely) this morning in a HFT comp and tomorrow most of us will be competing in the NEFTA hunter at Redfearns (just before Bretton park).
    Plenty going on matey!!
    BASC