Thread: best £50 red dot

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

best £50 red dot

As it says guys,it's fir an alecto ta

Any thing from JSR will be fine. Tried them all and all are good.

Pete.

I think it's best to buy the higher quality ones.Some can have a well defined dot yet other,identical model examples,can have a mis-shapen dot in the lower price ranges.I've found this especially true with the holograph sights.I sold a pistol with one on which was perfect and bought the same model again later and it was so bright it was virtually unusable.
    There are such a lot of copies of expensive sights now that look tempting but are only just about suitable for recoiless guns,strap one on a springer and you'll soon find out why the price difference is so much.
    I find hawke or simmons to be pretty good for the money.

As its for a pistol - I'd say get one with a wide body tube (40 or 50mm).

1 inch or 30mm reddots are OK for rifle use, but at arms-length with a pistol, I find the view is annoyingly small.

HTH - Phil

I have a Hawke 30mm on my Walther CP99 and I find it just the bees' knees, though it seems to go out after a shot and then comes back after a few seconds, but it is very accurate, I haven't any problems sighting with it.
    I was out today at our local rifle range and shooting at 10 yds, I spent about an hour and a half blatting ally coke cans! Thoroughly enjoyed myself, must have gone through about 22-23 magazines full, it's somewhat addictive! I then had a blat with my Alecto as well: I think I need help!
    Last edited by Dave1943; 14-07-2012 at 11:07 PM. Reason: grammar

guntuff tactical holographic sight, has 4 reticles and 3 brightness levels in green and red ,
    is approx £28
    I can hit things with this easier than with my scope and is the best reddot i have ever seen or used ATB