Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best £50 red dot

best £50 red dot

As it says guys,it's fir an alecto ta

Any thing from JSR will be fine. Tried them all and all are good.

Pete.

I think it's best to buy the higher quality ones.Some can have a well defined dot yet other,identical model examples,can have a mis-shapen dot in the lower price ranges.I've found this especially true with the holograph sights.I sold a pistol with one on which was perfect and bought the same model again later and it was so bright it was virtually unusable.
    There are such a lot of copies of expensive sights now that look tempting but are only just about suitable for recoiless guns,strap one on a springer and you'll soon find out why the price difference is so much.
    I find hawke or simmons to be pretty good for the money.

As its for a pistol - I'd say get one with a wide body tube (40 or 50mm).

1 inch or 30mm reddots are OK for rifle use, but at arms-length with a pistol, I find the view is annoyingly small.

HTH - Phil

I have a Hawke 30mm on my Walther CP99 and I find it just the bees' knees, though it seems to go out after a shot and then comes back after a few seconds, but it is very accurate, I haven't any problems sighting with it.
    I was out today at our local rifle range and shooting at 10 yds, I spent about an hour and a half blatting ally coke cans! Thoroughly enjoyed myself, must have gone through about 22-23 magazines full, it's somewhat addictive! I then had a blat with my Alecto as well: I think I need help!
    Last edited by Dave1943; 14-07-2012 at 11:07 PM. Reason: grammar

guntuff tactical holographic sight, has 4 reticles and 3 brightness levels in green and red ,
    is approx £28
    I can hit things with this easier than with my scope and is the best reddot i have ever seen or used ATB

Thanks for the input guys

I've ordered a tactical sight for my Alecto, I need one with a 20mm rail. So I'm waiting on it arriving, once it's set up I'll give a report on how it works. The open sights on the Alecto are very good, it's just the shooter that is the weak link in the chain!

Guntuff holo sight arrived today,solid bit of kit. Not shot with it yet though

Quote Originally Posted by mogi View Post
    Guntuff holo sight arrived today,solid bit of kit. Not shot with it yet though
    I've been using one for several months now and its been good. My only problem has been forgetting to turn the multi-intensity dial to "off" after use on a couple of occasions. Glad I had some spare batteries handy

Hi guys just a heads up I bought 10 batterys for my reddot on evilbay for 2.49 delivered as I was the same forever forgetting to turn the thing off

hope that helps but the guntuff holo is an awesome piece of kit which I highly recommend and will use for years to come

ATB

Quote Originally Posted by lesj View Post
    I've been using one for several months now and its been good. My only problem has been forgetting to turn the multi-intensity dial to "off" after use on a couple of occasions. Glad I had some spare batteries handy
    I did that once with my Hawke, we all have to learn the lesson!

I got a load of those batteries from a pound shop, guess? A pound! It's worth having a look around those shops for useful stuff.

'round here, the pound shop batteries have almost no - or actually no - power in them.

Including the mixed pack of button batteries I bought, that could run a watch for about a week.

Now I've had them a while I bet they'd run nothing.

And I think they were £2.

Waste of money and battery storage space, that was

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    'round here, the pound shop batteries have almost no - or actually no - power in them.

Including the mixed pack of button batteries I bought, that could run a watch for about a week.

Now I've had them a while I bet they'd run nothing.

And I think they were £2.

Waste of money and battery storage space, that was
    Get branded batteries,cheap multi-pack batteries are usually dead,leaking, or both,if not they soon will be and take out your expensive equipment with them.You can get packs of decent ones for around 15p each or less off the bay.