Thread: Mauser 71/84 Stock wanted?

Mauser 71/84 Stock wanted?

Hi, As above looking for a good secondhand or new replacement stock for a full length rifle, Mauser 71/84. If anyone have one or know where I can find one, please let me know. Or even a cheap rifle with a good stock.

There is one possible source for a new one in the USA but the guy has had a problem with his machines every time I've asked about having one made so the UK would be best.

Cheers

Sir - you would be best advised to make contact with the Historical Breechloading Small Arms Association. I have never seen a replacement or even an original stock for sale by itself in my entire life.

tac
    Last edited by tacfoley; 16-07-2012 at 08:04 PM.

Thanks. I will try them. I thought it might be easier to get a donor rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by moeggesit View Post
    Thanks. I will try them. I thought it might be easier to get a donor rifle.
    Well, I 'spose it might be, IF you have a spare £6-700 hanging around.

I guess you mean this guy - http://lswinds.webs.com - Linford Walter in PA?

tac
    Last edited by tacfoley; 16-07-2012 at 08:08 PM.

OK, here's the hot poop - I gave him a call and here is a transcript -

Tac,

The last few Mauser 71/84's I made got scrap[p]ed drilling the magazine tube hole. Since then I devised a new mounting system that is almost complete. I have a 71/84 sanded and inletted that I will be drilling this weekend. If the drilling goes well I will have some 71/84 stocks for sale.

Linford

Now over to you.

No, don't thank me, I'd do it for anybody......I'd be really embarrassed if you offered me money. ;=)

tac

Thanks Tac

You are correct, he is the one I mean, not the only one to sell new stocks, but the only one I currently know of making new ones. We'll see if anything comes from his new drill. That has been the situation for the last two years. Makes a new rig, makes a stock or two, need to make new rig, etc... backlog.. I admire his persistence and hope that it pays off since there is a market for new stocks on these old rifles and he is still on my list of possibilities if I cannot find one locally.

Cheers