Thread: weaver rail..

weaver rail..

where the hell can i get long lenths of this stuff ?
    im looking for a lenth of rail about 12-14 inches long so it can be screwed to my mfr, to fit the nv too.
    can anyone help. ive done google, but not had any luck...does anyone in the uk sell it?
    A Sapper is someone who quenches your thirst if you require a drink in the desert. If you need to cross the fastest river he will bridge that gap, and if the path ahead is too much to bear, the Sapper will guide you through holding your hand. UBIQUE is his motto - for he and his family have been everywhere.

Ive just bought a length from Soviet Bazaar.

how much was it, and what was the lenth ?
    A Sapper is someone who quenches your thirst if you require a drink in the desert. If you need to cross the fastest river he will bridge that gap, and if the path ahead is too much to bear, the Sapper will guide you through holding your hand. UBIQUE is his motto - for he and his family have been everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy the bull
    how much was it, and what was the lenth ?
    This peice was 9" long (ooer missus)and cost £42

I would like to know a well if off the shelf and over 9" long. Pain to make and usually get lumbered with them.
    There is a place in Hednesford Cannock, but they not long enough.

Robert Lane will fit a long length of weaver rail for £50 posted. Just had my Rapid MK1 done for the reasons you state. The rail extends about 3" from the back of the action.
    HTH Take care Pete
    Do nothing, achieve nothing

That only about 6" then.

surely someone sells this stuff in decent lenths somewere !!
    i dont believe for minute there is only a handfull of places in this country that does them.......looks like im going to have to go to the usa for it !!

Extends 3" to the rear and forward past the front rings position, a section has been milled out to allow the fitting of a 12 shot mag. The length of mine is at least 12"(Form a queue ladies). Why not contact Rob and ask if he can supply longer lengths. This rail allows me to mount my D141 far enough to the rear to use with ease and comfort. Rob also took pictures of my action so he may be able to mail them to you. HTH Take care Pete
    Do nothing, achieve nothing

Shaggy Guest
    I had a problems mounting NV to my Rapid, but ended upo doing this:

I looked about for an adaptor & couldn't see one. I wanted to use with my NV as well as a Scope for normal day hunting.

I got the dove tail conversion kit from Soviet Bazaar, which was the cheapest @ £42 it's wicked don't get in the way at all for any size mag you are using.
    Then got a slotted mount screws so they stay under the rail it's self. (the normal one's from Theoben (that come with the rifle) mean't I couldn't slide the scope on or the NV.
    By getting the other 2 screws I could slide anything off & on easily as they weren't in the way. (BTW I recon it's woth it's money handy conversion)

I then tried long & hard trying to find a dove tail-weaver conversion, but most of them were to bulky & nasty looking, or didn't help me at all.

Admittedly I wanted the dovetail > Weaver conversion for my MK3 originally, I wanted to mount both scope & NV to it but my original Dovetail Weaver conversion that come with my NV Scope meant I didn't fell comfortable when using it with the NV, not to mention loading mags wasn't the easyerst things to do either.

So as Daystate use BKL Mounts, tried em again
    Last year I bought a load of mounts from BKL direct in the US (to save a bit of cash) I decided to go & have another look on their web site & found the ideal conversion. their Model 554

It's nearest equivilent over her in the UK was £65, so for £25 posted it was a bargin. Another added bonus was it gave a bit more height, which combined with a long neck meant it was not comfotable to use for me personally.

Now I am using both of my hunting scopes my NV & normal scope on my Rapid I'am as happy as a pig in poo becasue I have the best of both worlds

It also mean's I don't have to worry about scratching my MK3 anymore, I do like it's stock & don't want to put a nasty dink in it.
    I have had a lot of use from the Rapid in the short time I have owned it but, some how I've managed not to mark it at all, (it was mean't to be I guess)
    hope it helps?

Darren

Great
    Last edited by Shaggy; 01-04-2005 at 12:09 PM.

Sammy,

Got exactly what you need in stock! I had the same problem as you getting hold of the stuff here so I had to import a load from the US.

Available in good 12" lengths (fnarr fnarr). It's also very thick at the base (yuk yuk) to enable machining to any action and to clear ports, etc. Anodized aluminium as steel in this length would be rather heavy.

Cheers

Clive

whats the damage clive ?
    and any pics, so i can see what it would look like on the mfr ?