Thread: Which pistol scope?

Which pistol scope?

Im not new to pistols and have always used iron sights and once used a red dot on my webley alecto but didnt like it. I have never used nor know anything about scopes for pistols, other than the enhanced shake issues and long eye relief. Can the guys with experience please recommend a descent pistol scope for a top end budget of around £50. Its to be going on top of a 45 silver star and i have no worries with the funny sized rail as i have some proper mounts to fit....Also is there any pistol scopes with an IR?

Thanks

The 2.5 mag scope that JSR sell takes some beating for around £30, I have had some good scores in the NEFTA winter league using this scope

Alan.

cheers mate il take a look now

paul4be is offline Everything has an end, only the sausage has two
    What range do you want to shoot out to? I started with a 2X32, but found that out to 25 yards I wanted a little more mag. I now use a Simmons 4x32. You do need to work on keeping a steady hand with it, but it gives a clearer look at targets for me.
    Good deals with: ali d (twice), mattinlondon, mikemorton, jonboy, the wizard, Moza, markH, fok, gunslinger, Fisherman1, bigwull, mikewareing, TwoTitans,hairydog, airguns, dcl dave, Stuart B, mattie, Locksley, MARK, albrown, kjud, spud, gedfinn2, wasteoid, bullcelt, bunnysniper, wasteoid, pokeandhope, honda+more

yeah probably around the 25 yard range to be honest, been using open sights pretty accurately from 10/15yards and groupings slowly dropping off the further the distance i go. Just fancied giving a scope a try, il take a look into a higher mag aswell

paul4be is offline Everything has an end, only the sausage has two
    You'll be surprised at how much more your wobble shows up going from a x2 to x4. With a rifle, it wouldn't make much difference, but with a pistol at arms length it does.
    Good deals with: ali d (twice), mattinlondon, mikemorton, jonboy, the wizard, Moza, markH, fok, gunslinger, Fisherman1, bigwull, mikewareing, TwoTitans,hairydog, airguns, dcl dave, Stuart B, mattie, Locksley, MARK, albrown, kjud, spud, gedfinn2, wasteoid, bullcelt, bunnysniper, wasteoid, pokeandhope, honda+more

Pistol Scopes

Hi,
    There's a couple of us at our club that use the AGS 2x20 scope both mounted of FN8s 1/2" groups at 12m no probs, I'm now going to experiment with a rifle mil-dot scope on my FN8 out to 45m see what happens?
    I have experimented with my Walther red dot and have glued a mini o ring on the front lens! and it nows acts as an aperature sight...red dot on the middle of the ring onto the target...much more accurate.
    Ken

Pistol Scopes

AGS

Walther

POA all do nice 2x20 for around 30 quid, I have a POA 2x20 on my 2240 and combined with .22 Daystate Li's

I'm Ok out 25 metres and shoot the Comps at Kibby with good results,

I like iron sights but I am at that age where I find even my super Brocock iron sights have that many blurry sights I can't tell which one I need

So rather sadly I have fitted a BSA Edge 2x7x32 to it and zeroed it at 10 and 35 metres as I do my Rifles,

I have it on 4 mag and the wobble factor is far more noticeable, but rested it is an amazing combo and was happily potting the bull at 35 with JSB's,

Whatever you get have fun, Bernard.

pistol scope

Hi,
    I too have now fitted a compact 3-9x32 mil-dot AO Bug Buster on my FN8 pistol, I have zero'd it to 25m and that also gives me a zero point at 10m, I put a target out at 42m and have managed to group about 40mm, hoping to better this.
    Have to say that this was rested and with a close eye relief but definately has expanded my pistol shooting.
    Worth thinking about, doesn't have to be a pistol scope on your pistol.
    Ken

I would recommend the GunTuff 2.5x32 Pistol Scope, it's very similar to my Rhino (if not identical) and the extra diameter of the objective makes a difference. I tried a higher magnification but it seemed self defeating with the magnified shake. It's also cheaper than the Rhino, and with mounts should come in within your budget.

I haven't seen an IR pistol scope yet, but maybe I've not been looking in the right places.
    Whatever doesn't kill you, is going to leave a scar... A Crip With A Gun!
    S400F Superlite Carbine - XL Tactical - 280k - 2250b - Striker 1000X - IZH MP-61 - Webley Bert - 2240 - C40 - El Gamo Centre - Walther CP88 - Sig Sauer GSR - Makarov MP-654

Quote Originally Posted by queens_own View Post
    Hi,
    I too have now fitted a compact 3-9x32 mil-dot AO Bug Buster on my FN8 pistol, I have zero'd it to 25m and that also gives me a zero point at 10m, I put a target out at 42m and have managed to group about 40mm, hoping to better this.
    Have to say that this was rested and with a close eye relief but definately has expanded my pistol shooting.
    Worth thinking about, doesn't have to be a pistol scope on your pistol.
    Ken

i was thinking of getting a bugbuster for my ultra as its used from 10yards out to about 45ish for pest control. I might also try it on my 45 and see what i think before buying a pistol scope aswell

Quote Originally Posted by queens_own View Post
    Hi,
    There's a couple of us at our club that use the AGS 2x20 scope both mounted of FN8s 1/2" groups at 12m no probs, I'm now going to experiment with a rifle mil-dot scope on my FN8 out to 45m see what happens?
    I have experimented with my Walther red dot and have glued a mini o ring on the front lens! and it nows acts as an aperature sight...red dot on the middle of the ring onto the target...much more accurate.
    Ken
    Good idea Ken, you can get massive parallax error if you dont use the red dot correctly every time. I can see this helping loads...

Red Dot

Quote Originally Posted by matt007 View Post
    Good idea Ken, you can get massive parallax error if you dont use the red dot correctly every time. I can see this helping loads...
    Hi Matt,
    when I first tried this scope with the O ring I thought that this was the missing link in red dot scopes, if there was a little ring etched onto the glass lens then they would be better and easier to use, it certainly made my 2240 much more accurate.
    Ken