Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
Hi Guy

I doubt that PTFE would last very long as the hot air would erode it.

I have been told that you can buy 4mm OD microbore brass pipe on the bay, this could be cut to length and worked in an electric drill to size it.

I normally form the chamfered lead in by simply spinning the brass sleeve up and putting a Stanly knife blade up it --- works well.

I wonder if the leaking Hawks could be sorted the same way as I did my HW35, with a little loctite 271 forced into the joint from inside the cylinder ?

All the best Mick
Hi Mick---I meant making a full breech seal out of ptfe and then putting a hole in it, rather than actually trying to sleeve the transfer port itself. assumed that this would be ok as some people use ptfe to make breech seals for Cadets and Majors? Would hot air open up the hole in the middle if you more of less copied the Webley seal out of Ptfe but just put a smaller hole in it? The 4mm pipe would be handy for the centre of Webley pistol seals made of leather.
The trouble with the leaking hawks is that there are only about 2 threads on the plug, beyond the stock screw hole.At first I thought the stock screw hole was too deep but the air was actually coming around the thread. I think I used 271 loctite to sort it out.