Quote Originally Posted by Slinky-power View Post
So I was looking at some reviews on youtube for this pistol and one in particular claimed it was probobly the finest spring piston air pistol ever made! That's some claim for a painted alloy pistol!
Another review of the Beeman version said that only the .177 version was dual power! Is that right? Aren't all the cal's of the HW45 dual power? I thought they were the same basic gun?
I really want one but still can't choose which version or if I should buy the HW75 for it's uber sexy hammer action!
The engineering is excellent, my HW45 in .22 is over 20 Years old, still delivers 5.5ft/lbs and with just an occasional drop of oil I fully expect it to last as long again.
Mine is alloy but it's die cast Aluminium, not Zinc alloy and the black finish on mine is a chemical surface treatment which is impervious to solvents and has held up very well to 20+ years of wear & tear ;-)
The Beeman Version (Beeman designed it, Weirauch Didn't) review was probably of an early model, when the P1/HW45 was first released (when I bought mine) .177 was dual power only, .22 was full power only.
At a certain point all moved to dual power, I'm guessing it simplified production to do all the internals the same.
The HW75 is a Single Stroke Pneumatic, a good 75 delivers less than half the power of a 45, the 75 is recoilless though, so it's easier to shoot accurately without practice and is better for target use. Having said that although it's a very sweet gun the lack of a palm shelf roles the 75 out for serious 10m shooters,
Get Both ;-)

- Nick