Thread: HW45 Some claims!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by Slinky-power View Post
    I gotta say that both options have some appeal.
    The power of the 45 appeals, not so keen on the fake hammer. The hammer action of the 75 makes me want it but I'm afraid it won't even topple a match box let alone make a satisfying 'ding' when it hits a can.
    Are the tru-glo sights optional or on all of them now?
    I prefer just iron sights.

It may not cock the gun but the hammer does have a function on the 45, it releases the top slide/overlever. When you are using it it doesn't come across as 'fake' or an unnecessary feature, if that makes sense?
    Have you used or shot a HW45? I never rated them, and couldn't see what all the fuss was about over such an ugly (it is ugly) gun. All that changed when I saw a 2nd hand one in a gunshop and had a test-fire. 10 shots sold me.

AFAIK the tru-glo sights are standard now, but there's a lot out there on the 2nd hand market with the old iron sights.
    Good deals with these members

Love my 45 to bits.

Had one when they first came out. Stupidly sold it to a friend (can't remember why, it will have been to help fund another rifle, I think).

Regretted it, BIG TIME.

Got another two years ago AND I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. Accurate, superb trigger, plenty of punch, love the character and firing cycle feel and I really love that smell of the factory lube burning off and blowing the smoke down the barrel!!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Would also love another 45 and a 75 to go with the current pairing!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Hw45/hw75

I have just got a 75 to share a case with my 45 silver star,love them both but if I could only have one it would be a 45 every time.

Exclamation

I've got to admit that the HW45 leaves me pretty cold. I really don't get how people can love them so much. I do own one, but I've just never really bonded with it like I have with various Webley, BSA, Hy-score, Record and many other pistols. It's powerful, well engineered, good quality, sure, but it's also pig-ugly, and lacking personality and any kind of style. They're also not as powerful as many like to claim as well. I've chronographed a few over the years and never seen one doing more than 4.5 ft/lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob M View Post
    but it's also pig-ugly.......
    Ive owned a few and have a soft spot for them but have to agree they are an ugly pistol

Quote Originally Posted by IH View Post
    Ive owned a few and have a soft spot for them but have to agree they are an ugly pistol

ugly ?

http://imageshack.us/a/img51/2583/201211141208291.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by bcham View Post
    As sin

Not quite as bad and Alecto though

im still after a breech seal for my 1987 '45. every one ive been sent is too big by a nats winkle. does anyone know what size the very early '45s were fitted with please guys.out of all my outstanding airgun jobs to do this one is the most irratating! chambers do a seal which they say is the right one but they want 50p and a fiver for pp all for one tiny bit of rubber if anyone can point me in the right direction and pm me id be most grateful. cheers guys

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Love my 45 to bits.

Had one when they first came out. Stupidly sold it to a friend (can't remember why, it will have been to help fund another rifle, I think).

Regretted it, BIG TIME.

Got another two years ago AND I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. Accurate, superb trigger, plenty of punch, love the character and firing cycle feel and I really love that smell of the factory lube burning off and blowing the smoke down the barrel!!
    pah! you big child. like id be caught doing that

Quote Originally Posted by Mattatack View Post
    pah! you big child. like id be caught doing that

Yep, agreed

I must be a gentleman as well

Looked for a 45 and now have two 45 and one 75. Both 45 will be stripped and cleaned then look to get to 5 ftlbs as both now at 3

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    It may not cock the gun but the hammer does have a function on the 45, it releases the top slide/overlever. When you are using it it doesn't come across as 'fake' or an unnecessary feature, if that makes sense?
    Have you used or shot a HW45? I never rated them, and couldn't see what all the fuss was about over such an ugly (it is ugly) gun. All that changed when I saw a 2nd hand one in a gunshop and had a test-fire. 10 shots sold me.

AFAIK the tru-glo sights are standard now, but there's a lot out there on the 2nd hand market with the old iron sights.
    Yeah I used one quite a lot many years ago when they were 'new' lol
    Haven't had access to one for decades.