Thread: HW45 Some claims!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEars View Post
    You really need both 75 & 45. No gentleman's pistol case is truly complete without the pair.
    I've got a 75 and a Webley Senior.. Am I a gentleman? OOPS double post

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Seth View Post
    I've got a 75 and a Webley Senior.. Am I a gentleman? OOPS double post
    A more traditional gentleman.
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

i had a dual powered hw45 in 22. it was a great pistol, but it just wouldnt stop deiseling every 15 or so shots. ive also got a hw40 which in my opinion is a very underated gun. the trigger on it is lovely and breaks very cleanly. it has true glo sights on it which are good. a friend of mine recently gave me a red dot which i fitted to the 40. i zero'd it at 10 yards. the accuracy is superb. if i do my bit i can shoot groups with it that i'd be proud of with a rifle.

ive said this before, but if i were to give it a fault it'd be that its slightly underpowered. it could do with another 1fpe, then it would be as good as anything else out there.

as i have small girly hands, i find it fits me quite well. i know the hw75 is supposed to be better because it has a better fitting stock to it, but isnt the action and power the same for the hw40 and the hw75?

Quote Originally Posted by gasman1 View Post
    i had a dual powered hw45 in 22. it was a great pistol, but it just wouldnt stop deiseling every 15 or so shots. ive also got a hw40 which in my opinion is a very underated gun. the trigger on it is lovely and breaks very cleanly. it has true glo sights on it which are good. a friend of mine recently gave me a red dot which i fitted to the 40. i zero'd it at 10 yards. the accuracy is superb. if i do my bit i can shoot groups with it that i'd be proud of with a rifle.

ive said this before, but if i were to give it a fault it'd be that its slightly underpowered. it could do with another 1fpe, then it would be as good as anything else out there.

as i have small girly hands, i find it fits me quite well. i know the hw75 is supposed to be better because it has a better fitting stock to it, but isnt the action and power the same for the hw40 and the hw75?
    If you have small hands the HW75 grips would suit you. The operating action is really smooth and has a solid feel. I think the power will be about the same as the 40, but there is no muzzle flip at all with the 75, and the accuracy is superb. Th cocking hammer is great an the dry fire facility is brilliant. the HW75 is very expensive (£300ish) but after using it for a while, I think its worth it. I too love the 40, but the 75 on another level.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.