Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HW45 Some claims!

Would also love another 45 and a 75 to go with the current pairing!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by peteswright View Post
    No fiber optics on my recently bought HW75. Don't think you can get them with this gun, but my HW45 does have them. I have over painted them with flat black acrylic, which is easily removed if you want to go back to F.O.
    And that's another point in favour of the 75 then

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    It may not cock the gun but the hammer does have a function on the 45, it releases the top slide/overlever. When you are using it it doesn't come across as 'fake' or an unnecessary feature, if that makes sense?
    Have you used or shot a HW45? I never rated them, and couldn't see what all the fuss was about over such an ugly (it is ugly) gun. All that changed when I saw a 2nd hand one in a gunshop and had a test-fire. 10 shots sold me.

AFAIK the tru-glo sights are standard now, but there's a lot out there on the 2nd hand market with the old iron sights.
    Yeah I used one quite a lot many years ago when they were 'new' lol
    Haven't had access to one for decades.

BigEars Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Seth View Post
    I've got a 75 and a Webley Senior.. Am I a gentleman?
    Not quite.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEars View Post
    Not quite.
    But he does have a more refined palette....

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Seth View Post
    I've got a 75 and a Webley Senior.. Am I a gentleman? OOPS double post
    A more traditional gentleman.
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

i had a dual powered hw45 in 22. it was a great pistol, but it just wouldnt stop deiseling every 15 or so shots. ive also got a hw40 which in my opinion is a very underated gun. the trigger on it is lovely and breaks very cleanly. it has true glo sights on it which are good. a friend of mine recently gave me a red dot which i fitted to the 40. i zero'd it at 10 yards. the accuracy is superb. if i do my bit i can shoot groups with it that i'd be proud of with a rifle.

ive said this before, but if i were to give it a fault it'd be that its slightly underpowered. it could do with another 1fpe, then it would be as good as anything else out there.

as i have small girly hands, i find it fits me quite well. i know the hw75 is supposed to be better because it has a better fitting stock to it, but isnt the action and power the same for the hw40 and the hw75?

Quote Originally Posted by gasman1 View Post
    i had a dual powered hw45 in 22. it was a great pistol, but it just wouldnt stop deiseling every 15 or so shots. ive also got a hw40 which in my opinion is a very underated gun. the trigger on it is lovely and breaks very cleanly. it has true glo sights on it which are good. a friend of mine recently gave me a red dot which i fitted to the 40. i zero'd it at 10 yards. the accuracy is superb. if i do my bit i can shoot groups with it that i'd be proud of with a rifle.

ive said this before, but if i were to give it a fault it'd be that its slightly underpowered. it could do with another 1fpe, then it would be as good as anything else out there.

as i have small girly hands, i find it fits me quite well. i know the hw75 is supposed to be better because it has a better fitting stock to it, but isnt the action and power the same for the hw40 and the hw75?
    If you have small hands the HW75 grips would suit you. The operating action is really smooth and has a solid feel. I think the power will be about the same as the 40, but there is no muzzle flip at all with the 75, and the accuracy is superb. Th cocking hammer is great an the dry fire facility is brilliant. the HW75 is very expensive (£300ish) but after using it for a while, I think its worth it. I too love the 40, but the 75 on another level.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Hw45/hw75

I have just got a 75 to share a case with my 45 silver star,love them both but if I could only have one it would be a 45 every time.

Exclamation

I've got to admit that the HW45 leaves me pretty cold. I really don't get how people can love them so much. I do own one, but I've just never really bonded with it like I have with various Webley, BSA, Hy-score, Record and many other pistols. It's powerful, well engineered, good quality, sure, but it's also pig-ugly, and lacking personality and any kind of style. They're also not as powerful as many like to claim as well. I've chronographed a few over the years and never seen one doing more than 4.5 ft/lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob M View Post
    but it's also pig-ugly.......
    Ive owned a few and have a soft spot for them but have to agree they are an ugly pistol

Quote Originally Posted by IH View Post
    Ive owned a few and have a soft spot for them but have to agree they are an ugly pistol

ugly ?

http://imageshack.us/a/img51/2583/201211141208291.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by bcham View Post
    As sin

Not quite as bad and Alecto though

Quote Originally Posted by IH View Post
    As sin

Not quite as bad and Alecto though

You're right! I've used one on occasions.... good, but I wouldn't want to own one....... Its ugliness would frighten all the other pistols in the Gun-cabinet (Alecto I mean).

Longbenton North Tyneside. +Dinnington FTC.

Hw 75

Ive had the HW75 for around 5 weeks now fitted with a Rhino 2x32 scope.
    I use it for Hft pistol comps, if I hit the 25 yard metal target (which isnt very often) its capable of knocking it over.
    I like the 75 glad I bought it.