Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HW45 Some claims!

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    The 45 might not be aesthetically pleasing to all but at least it doesn't look like a couple of odd bits of pipe kludged to gether with even odder fittings
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

im still after a breech seal for my 1987 '45. every one ive been sent is too big by a nats winkle. does anyone know what size the very early '45s were fitted with please guys.out of all my outstanding airgun jobs to do this one is the most irratating! chambers do a seal which they say is the right one but they want 50p and a fiver for pp all for one tiny bit of rubber if anyone can point me in the right direction and pm me id be most grateful. cheers guys

I have had my 45 for quite a while now ,and I think its great for what I do, plinking and such. Always wondered what a 75 that you could pump up like the Alecto would be like hmmm 5+flbs 75

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Love my 45 to bits.

Had one when they first came out. Stupidly sold it to a friend (can't remember why, it will have been to help fund another rifle, I think).

Regretted it, BIG TIME.

Got another two years ago AND I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. Accurate, superb trigger, plenty of punch, love the character and firing cycle feel and I really love that smell of the factory lube burning off and blowing the smoke down the barrel!!
    pah! you big child. like id be caught doing that

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    The 45 might not be aesthetically pleasing to all but at least it doesn't look like a couple of odd bits of pipe kludged to gether with even odder fittings
    I have no idea what you are on about

The smoke thing....

...I do this also with glee i might add!!!! My Black Star is a star pistol and
    i love shooting it.
    An observation bout the sights..i shoot at Westfield Club near Glasgow and
    our pistol range is set among mature woodland and is therefore well shaded
    and that is where the Fluorescent type come into their own,seriously i can still shoot
    when the all black irons cannot be relied on.They are not perfect but a good compromise just the same. atb,w

Aren't they just a bit...

...soulless though?

*Runs for the hills.

The 45 has always dieselled due to the hard piston seal....is there a parachute seal for the 45?

Quote Originally Posted by Minuteman View Post

...soulless though?

*Runs for the hills.
    You gotta be kiddin'!!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mattatack View Post
    pah! you big child. like id be caught doing that

Yep, agreed
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Minuteman View Post

...soulless though?

*Runs for the hills.

Lol you should be running for those hills as not many if any HW45 owners would agree with that one
    I recently sold a black star version to get a new rifle, i love the rifle but i sure do miss the pistol, feels like i sold my soul lol
    I tested many pistols before choosing it, was close to getting an alecto which is definately souless but does shoot accurate then one day i happened to test shoot a 45 and within seconds i knew i wanted one for a few reasons but other than how it shoots it was the fact that it did have good soul and feeling when you shoot it, gotta love that smell and the smoke and the kick
    God i want mine back lol

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    It's all out of proportion. It reminds me of Rocky Dennis from "Mask", its heads too big for its shoulders.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    I've owned 2 and sold them both.
    Bought the first one (a .22) after much lusting after one...got it, sat down looking at it I realised thats its just way too big to be a 'proper' pistol.
    Its just one of many that sacrificed scale in the pursuit of power, on the subject of which - most of them diesel like buggery and don't produce much over 5 ft/lbs anyway.
    I even tried getting the shoulder stock & sight extension (if you'e tempted to try one - your eye moves nearer the rear sight and thus you need to raise the foresight to correct the error thats been introduced or fit an optical sight) but the proper HW one is a joke and designed for a gibbon
    Later in life I forgot the experience and bought a .177, within months that was gone too....Believe me guys theres so much better out there if you're willing to loose about one & a half ft/lbs of power that you really don't need....

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Believe me guys theres so much better out there if you're willing to loose about one & a half ft/lbs of power that you really don't need....
    What do you reckon is a much better springer then?

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by fok View Post
    What do you reckon is a much better springer then?
    Here's a few:

The Original mods 6, 6g, 6m and 10's are far more accurate. the BSA 240 is smaller, lighter, virtually the same power, made of better materials and just as challenging to shoot well. The Webley senior, premier, and to an extent the tempests, are all prettier, well made and fun to shoot in a compact package. The Record Jumbo would be the best pistol in the world if it could shoot its way out of a wet paper bag.

And of course, The Gat!

Every now and then I buy a 45 cos on paper it's great! I've had a few, in different calibres, and even had a Silver Star which wasn't quite as ugly. I get all excited, buy one, and then sit there looking at the metal warthog on the table and wondering why I fell for it again? I'm being strong now and trying to remember lessons learnt. The problem is that damn great lump of a Diana LP5 magnum has found it's way into my consciousness and I know that'll be worse!
    Last edited by tinbum; 24-11-2012 at 07:37 PM.
    God rest ye jelly mental men