Page 79 of 81 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1205

Thread: The Muscle Power League - whats that then?

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    Depends on whether you use the Julian or Gregorian calendar.
    Thanks for clearing that up Mike - it is now crystal clear for all of us. - but what is a calendar ?
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    This may help Bob - you may need someone to explain the more complex terms....

http://www.tondering.dk/claus/calendar.html

ATB
    Mike
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

This may help Bob - you may need someone to explain the more complex terms....

http://www.tondering.dk/claus/calendar.html

ATB
    Mike
    Thanks Mike - that is a very interesting link that shows all kinds of calendar's including Maya, Hebrew, Islamic, French Revolutionary, Chinese and Roman along with several others - but there is no mention at all about a Rossendale calendar - an obvious omission I think

Maybe we should just carry on as we have always done and take every day as we find it ?

Monday is washing day..etc - as advised by that very good song that was obviously released to help sort-out and advise on these complicated matters.

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    but there is no mention at all about a Rossendale calendar - an obvious omission I think

Maybe we should just carry on as we have always done and take every day as we find it ?

Monday is washing day..
    Is that clothes or people? And "Friday is fish"....freshly caught from the new sewer of which you are so proud?
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Is that clothes or people? And "Friday is fish"....freshly caught from the new sewer of which you are so proud?
    I never was too sure about the washing thing so I make sure both are done on the first Monday after Christmas every year - whether it needs doing or not

Good idea about the sewer being a food source, but I think Ingrid already has the rights to this as a sitting tenant (he/she no longer has to stand) but we do have a trout stream outside our unit so we are OK for Friday fish at the moment

Mike (Swales), hes a good boy and has got his scores in early.

Octobers MPL.

R.M.T.C.

Mike Swales (FWB 80) - 183.

R.R.
    Paul 'Hippo' Wray - 182 (ASI Centre) so +12 = 194.
    Ian Jones (FWB100) - 186 (icl a 50 ex 50 )
    Steve (not) Wright - 170 (FWB80)
    'Do One' Ron Blair - 147 (FWB65)
    Mike (St) Barnyard - 139 (FWB80)

See Bob, its not that difficult.
    Last edited by I. J.; 30-10-2014 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Ron B score added.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Mike (Swales), hes a good boy and has got his scores in early.

Octobers MPL.

R.M.T.C.

Mike Swales (FWB 80) - 183.

See Bob, its not that difficult.
    Seeing Bob is not that difficult

The 10 meter MPL series has always been shot in the last week of every month and so the October cards do not have to be shot until then.

It is good to see you so keen and able to persuade Mike to shoot his cards earlier than he needed to this month and I hope this did not unduly affect his result now that he is so close to beating your MPL scores

We have always been tolerant of late (or early) scoring in the MPL as we try to encourage everyone to have a go and this helps to give good cover when people have been ill or away on holiday etc but the actual week that we have always targeted for this competition to be shot each month is (and always has been) the last week in every month.

Having said that, your help in getting the 10 meter MPL series back on track and working again is good and much appreciated and it would be nice to get the scores in on time by the end of every month now that we have finally got all of the September score's completed and with you.

I will encourage everyone at RMTC to get their October MPL cards shot on time and during the last week of this month, but I would also be happy to accept any cards that are shot early if your prefer to have them as they are completed and not wait and have them all together at the end of the month

I will encourage everyone at RMTC to get their October MPL cards shot on time and during the last week of this month, but I would also be happy to accept any cards that are shot early if your prefer to have them as they are completed and not wait and have them all together at the end of the month
    My God - hes finally got it! You can shoot them the first week in the month, the last week in the month, 'that time' of month - anytime within that month. As long as I receive the scores by text, posted on here, e-mailed or carrier pigeon then I am happy. I will amend the scores with additions as and when they come in (see post # 1176) but they should be in by midnight on the LAST DAY of the month.
    Mikes a good boy getting his (P.B.?) scores in early but unfortunately he caught me on a good day.
    Im going to have a lie down now in a dark cupboard. My brain hurts.

ATB
    Ian

Both clubs have always shot the 10 meter MPL competition during the last week of the month - right from the very first week.

The reason was to make it a competition that was always shot at the same time in both clubs to generate the feel and experience of a real live "face to face" competition when all of the club members could shoot together with each other and at the same time - the best possible "first experience" towards shooting in a real live face to face competition in the future for newcomers to air pistol shooting - and even for many that have shot air pistol for years - but never in a "live" competition.

Spreading it out over the entire month (as you would prefer to do) completely looses the feel of a competition that has to be shot at a specific time and place alongside all the other club members that are also shooting their match cards at the same time.

The atmosphere is entirely different - as you well know - when the pressure is on it is much harder to hit the same score that can be achieved in a relaxed situation with no real time constraint (and possibly not even in the company or view of any other competitor).

I prefer to keep to the original concept and continue to have the 10 meter MPL series shot as intended at the same time during the last week of the month whenever it is possible to do so.

This has also helped us to plan our club activities better when leaving the rest of the month free to practice and enjoy or to shoot the ELEY and/or Dorset competitions that do not have to be shot on any specific week.

As we are now rebuilding our club (and we plan to start shooting in other competitions again), this timetable previously made it easier for us to manage everything without anyone feeling like we had just too many competitions and no free time to enjoy our shooting.

Getting the MPL shot and "out of the way" on a specific week every month not only helped to create a good "match night" atmosphere on the night, but also kept the rest of the month free for members to choose to use their range time in any way they wanted - free practice, shooting and setting-up any new pistols (including those that are not the regular match pistol choice), shooting a match air rifle - or shooting any other match cards they wanted to shoot in their own time - if and when they felt like doing so.

Now the winter is drawing closer and the interest in shooting the MPL series is growing again (with you helping to chase everybody up and displaying the scores for both teams on the BBS) I am sure we can get back into the old routine and make sure the cards are all shot on time leaving the rest of the month free for club members to enjoy in any (legal) way they choose

I prefer to keep to the original concept and continue to have the 10 meter MPL series shot as intended at the same time during the last week of the month whenever it is possible to do so.

Good.

Like Ive stated earlier, and several times - I, personally dont care which week you shoot your MPL cards at RMTC as long as its understood I need the scores by midnight on the last day of the month at the latest either by carrier pigeon, e-mail or posting on here.
    Last edited by I. J.; 08-10-2014 at 10:48 PM.

Good.

Like Ive stated earlier, and several times - I, personally dont care which week you shoot your MPL cards at RMTC as long as its understood I need the scores by midnight on the last day of the month at the latest either by carrier pigeon, e-mail or posting on here.
    You eat the last pigeon we sent to you

You eat the last pigeon we sent to you
    Yes, but that time I stuffed it, plucked it then I killed it. All it said was "Coo - coo - coo - !"

Yes, but that time I stuffed it, plucked it then I killed it. All it said was "Coo - coo - coo - !"
    Your Boys Book of spy training has not gone at all well - you are supposed to read the message before eating it

Your Boys Book of spy training has not gone at all well - you are supposed to read the message before eating it
    Thats good - coming from someone who lives in Rawtenstall where they are still eating boys.

Thats good - coming from someone who lives in Rawtenstall where they are still eating boys.
    I must say I have't ever noticed that - maybe you are getting confused with your home town ? - easily done now you have had your brain halved
    Last edited by zooma; 10-10-2014 at 06:36 PM.