Page 23 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: The Muscle Power League - whats that then?

Round Two of the MPL starts tonight at RMTC.

Good Luck to everyone who enters - but more then that - enjoy shooting those Classic air pistols - that's what it is all about!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

I'll be there on Thursday with the Falcon.

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

It looks like more "kickers" will be tested in Round Two - it will be very interesting to see how they can make use of the MPL scoring system to compensate for the recoiling action.

..could be very interesting!

I think I will be using my 'Snake Spit' tuned Centre in the next round (rd 3). With Johns fine example last night of how they should be used he showed their full potential. The inward scoring and one point per card looks very tempting.

Im off up to Rivi later to watch them let loose on their MPL cards. Well, its better than watching the telly and far funnier. Getting through the door into the 10m range is a challenge for some of them.

ATB
    TC1
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Getting through the door into the 10m range is a challenge for some of them.

ATB
    TC1
    That's only since you removed the door handle - talk about fixing the competition
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    That's only since you removed the door handle - talk about fixing the competition
    Hi TC3 (in training) Don't forget to tell them the flat part of the pellet faces backwards!

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Hi TC3 (in training) Don't forget to tell them the flat part of the pellet faces backwards!
    Once the Superdome and JSB Exact pellets have been hammered flat, they fit in the breech anyway round........simples
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Just flicking through the latest shot cards and I noticed one had SIX holes in it so the highest score was removed.
    I think Ive said before its not rocket science.

ATB
    TC1

You are lucky!.......it is quite hard to count all the way up to 5, so counting up to 6 must be even harder!

None of our members are able to do that, so Rivvy have another advantage over RMTC - it dosn't seem fair

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Just flicking through the latest shot cards and I noticed one had SIX holes in it so the highest score was removed.
    ATB
    TC1
    i didn't think you'd notice..... mind you if they were all 10's no damage done.

Shooters in the south west?

There are so many responses here to check; I'm sorry if this has been covered. Just wanted to give a shout out to see if there was anyone in the south west keen to get together to join the MPL? I'm in Bristol.

Thanks,
    Chris
     •   Morini 200EI
    •••••  Steyr LP50E

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    i didn't think you'd notice..... mind you if they were all 10's no damage done.
    The highest score was a FOUR!

Quote Originally Posted by raistrick View Post
    There are so many responses here to check; I'm sorry if this has been covered. Just wanted to give a shout out to see if there was anyone in the south west keen to get together to join the MPL? I'm in Bristol.

Thanks,
    Chris
    Let me know if you can raise a team to join the MPL fun each month - we hope to be able to welcome new clubs to join in the fun from the January competition onwards, so you have some time to gather some support from the surrounding areas.

You may find a few more then you think as you are right in the middle of the Bath, Chippenham, Weston-Super-Mare, Burnham, Portishead, Keynsham areas (and others) that have shooting clubs in them so good luck !

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Let me know if you can raise a team to join the MPL fun each month - we hope to be able to welcome new clubs to join in the fun from the January competition onwards, so you have some time to gather some support from the surrounding areas.

You may find a few more then you think as you are right in the middle of the Bath, Chippenham, Weston-Super-Mare, Burnham, Portishead, Keynsham areas (and others) that have shooting clubs in them so good luck !
    Do we all have to shoot at the same place? The waiting list for a couple of the local clubs is quite long (as I think the police put a limit on their membership numbers with them holding firearms too) so I suspect I'll only find one other at Portishead, if I can convince him to.
     •   Morini 200EI
    •••••  Steyr LP50E

Welcome aboard Raistrick ( & Co. )