Page 76 of 81 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1205

Thread: The Muscle Power League - whats that then?

Quote Originally Posted by paul404 View Post
    In praise of Webleys Ian. :-)
    Never Never Never Never can you insult Britains best ( Steel ) match pistol again ;-)
    Ps good luck with your Fas warranty claim :'(
    If you need to borrow a mans pistol in the meantime. ....... :-):-)
    Wob

13 minutes before you spotted me saying summat good about Wobblys Perhaps my example of the FAS6004 was a rouge one. Im still awaiting to hear what the manufacturer has to say. That in itself isnt a good thing.

You will have to wait a lot longer than 13 minutes for my next praise of a Wobbly!
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    13 minutes before you spotted me saying summat good about Wobblys Perhaps my example of the FAS6004 was a rouge one. Im still awaiting to hear what the manufacturer has to say. That in itself isnt a good thing.
    It looks like the FWB65 or 80 will have to be dusted off for the next round as Im still awaiting some news, any news about my (rogue?) FAS6004

ATB
    Ian

Perhaps my example of the FAS6004 was a rouge one.

If you really have a rouge example I would try to get it fixed and keep it as the red colour will be very rare - and possibly unique
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Im seeing red.

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    If you really have a rouge example I would try to get it fixed and keep it as the red colour will be very rare - and possibly unique
    As it's an Italian pistol surely it must be rosso ?
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    As it's an Italian pistol surely it must be rosso ?
    Yes, and Im wine ing

Bum bum.........tish.....
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

O.K. So, youve had your summer breaks. Youve been to B/Pool and finished the last of your rock and candly floss.Pauls managed to find most of the parts for his Wobbly so - nows the time to start dusting off your M.P.L. pistols again and throwing some lead in the general direction of the targets.
    Lets say first round to be in by the end of the first week in September ? Followed very shortly by your sarcastic comments on here.

Personally, my short lived FAS6004 (2 days) has been replaced by something well used but far more reliable.

ATB
    Ian

Lets say first round to be in by the end of the first week in September ?
    ATB
    Ian
    What about the CCL? - that's usually the first week of the month

...and the MPL the last week

or if you're from Rawtenstall, just follow the tide tables for any coastal town and ignore the calendar altogether.

Rawtenstall is being fitted with a sewage system so their tide now depends on when people flush!

The CCL showed little, if any interest. I suppose if anyone wants to continue to shoot the compt they can shoot it anytime during the month. A bit like RRs own internal knock out series.
    We/I am not going to get swamped with CCL competition cards.

Shooting the MPL in the first week is easier to remember and its easier to chase up and less confusing.
    I suggest shooting the MPL in the FIRST week of the month and, unless the competitor hasn't got a damn good reason (e.g. illness, mechanical/nervous breakdown, holidays etc.) and their cards aren't in by the end of the month then that months cards are void.
    Last edited by I. J.; 12-08-2014 at 02:43 PM.

The MPL is always shot during the last week of the month.

It has always worked well enough so far and those that wanted to shoot the CCL always remembered that it was the week after the MPL competition.

Simples :-

MPL shot during the last week of the month,

Classic Carbon League - shot during the first week of the month.

Neither have been shot much this summer thanks to the good weather ( and other things) but no doubt the winter will see a resurgence of interest again.

Tolerance of late results has always been a feature of both competitions to accommodate and encourage more shooters to take part so shifting the week the MPL is shot in forward by one week would make no difference to anyone so why bother?

RMTC will be shooting the MPL next week ( last week of the month) as always.

Some of our club members have never missed any month in shooting the 10 metre MPL series even though the Rivvy lads have been having a break as their outdoor field target shooting activities take some of their summer time priority ( not an option we have - unfortunately).

We will keep the 10 meter MPL series going as it is a good club event that remains popular with new-comers as well as more seasoned club members - and it is great fun when the Rivvy lads join in

They may not have missed any shoots but Ive not being getting any results. The last I got was a 158 for Mike Swales, received from yourself by e-mail on the 6th Aug. Nowt for June (whoes bursting out all over! )

ATB
    Ian
    Last edited by I. J.; 20-08-2014 at 01:42 PM.

They may not have missed any shoots but Ive not being getting any results. The last I got was a 158 for Mike Swales, received from yourself by e-mail on the 6th Aug. Nowt for June (whoes bursting out all over! )

ATB
    Ian
    Tiz true - during the "summer recess" you may well not have seen any of the results as we had nobody outside of RMTC to shoot against - but we still shot the MPL every last week of the month and have never missed a month.

We will shoot the August round next week and if the Rivvy guys are able to find time to compete this month then I will be delighted to make sure you have all of the results - but we do understand that the field target takes priority during the summer at Rivvy and we have had plenty of nice weather again this year - but RMTC is ready to compete when we have some opposition to share our results with.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    We will shoot the August round next week and if the Rivvy guys are able to find time to compete this month then I will be delighted to make sure you have all of the results - but we do understand that the field target takes priority during the summer at Rivi and we have had plenty of nice weather again this year - but RMTC is ready to compete when we have some opposition to share our results with.
    That's why 2 teams and 6 individuals shot the Dorset 10m pistol league this summer with excellent results and our usual 8 shooters competed in the SPA 10m pistol summer series.....

ATB
    Mike.