Page 78 of 81 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1205

Thread: The Muscle Power League - whats that then?

Quote Originally Posted by paul404 View Post
    Wobbly bashing again Ian.... it saddens me to notice the lack of patriotism in the mpl pistol line up :'(
    Shame on you all :-)
    Its all about the taking part ;-)
    As for reliability of my 60 year old Wob I have only one comment Ian .....New FAS anyone :O
    Hippo
    Ah yes - I do seem to remember Ingrid buying one of these finely engineered masterpieces of Italian engineering just recently - is it shooting as well as your 60 year old Wobbly?

.....and will it still be working reliably and be able to compete with a 120 year old Wobbly when it is 60 years old ? - or will it just be a bad memory that failed to survive more than a weeks use when bought new ?
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by paul404 View Post
    As for reliability of my 60 year old Wob I have only one comment Ian .....New FAS anyone :O
    Hippo
    Oh that was a low blow. And from a fellow Blackburnian.
    There was I, supporting the import trade and then discovering the FAS6004 was made of spaghetti. Pity the swear filter wont let me tell you what F.A.S. stands for.
    For your info Bob (ZOOMA) the FAS didn't survive a week.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

[QUOTE=I. J.
    For your info Bob (ZOOMA) the FAS didn't survive a week.

ATB
    Ian [/QUOTE]

I have always been an optimist - but less than a week's use before a breakage is not a great advert for the new FAS 6004

Has it ever been fixed - or did you just get a refund?

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Swapped - for a Feinwerkbau 100 Good deal or what??
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    Probably a very good deal.

The Feinwerkbau SSP pistols are highly prized and shoot remarkably well and were the first SSP pistols to shoot at a similar pellet speed to a PCP or CO2 match pistol.

These pistols are probably what inspired Walther to produce the LPM-1 with a similar pellet speed - the original Walther LP2 and LP3 SSP pistols all shot with a much slower pellet speed.

The cream of the SSP crop is undoubtably the Feinwerkbau 103 mk 2 - but these are very hard to find and mint examples are very expensive to buy. This is one of the very few match air pistols that has appreciated in value over the years, and as the demand for them continues to grow there are no signs that this situation is likely to change in the future.

I am surprised that Ingrid has not already got one....

I have always been an optimist - but less than a week's use before a breakage is not a great advert for the new FAS 6004

I wanted a refund and with it bought the s/h FWB100 they had in the shop as 'StBarnard' has stated. I had no confidence in the 6004. If they machine a steel screw into a 2mm alloy hole I would hate to think what material they have used for the trigger sears. Brass?

Plus cash! Im still in shock although the FWB100 does produce groups on a par with my pcp. (181 ex 200 )

ATB
    Ian (Ingrid to Bob)

[QUOTE=I. J.;

Plus cash! Im still in shock although the FWB100 does produce groups on a par with my pcp. (181 ex 200 )

ATB
    Ian (Ingrid to Bob)[/QUOTE]

Hi Ingrid,

Did you see that very interesting program on the box the other night about a boxing promoter that has gone through a similar operation to yourself?

A good program that was very interesting - especially the bit about how it has changed the way she now thinks - seemingly much more understanding than previously.

When the estrogen fully kicks in I have some really nice Wobbly pistols waiting for you to try

I thought it was illegal to hit below the belt in boxing.

I did consider having the 'change' done. The removal of the tackle wasn't that bad, once they has set up the scaffolding. It was having my brain halved that was the painful bit. So I declined. If I had all my brain removed I may have liked Wobblys.

Oh, and yes - its that time of month again. Get your OCTOBER MPLs in a.s.a.p.

Half of Nothing is still Nothing.

yup Ingrid/Ian/not sure anymore - whatever,

September MPL week it is - the last week of every month as always and it ends tomorrow!

Then we start to shoot the Carbon league in the first week of every month (as always) and I will send you the results next week as I will be away this Thursday (it is the wedding anniversary day and so I will not be going out to play !).

You are a bit ahead of yourself with the October MPL as that does not have to be shot until the last week of the month

Sorry the operation did not get fully completed but you need not have worried too much about having your brain halved because half of nothing is still nothing so you would not have noticed any difference at all

So, try to get your October CCL results in after youve got back from nicking your anniversary flowers from the park and get your October MPL scores in before the end of the month.

Octobers MPL and CCL results should be in October, first or last week.

Oh, you have a Oct MPL score of 186 to beat (incl a 50 ex 50! )! It appears removing my, err, 'tackle', whilst a great loss of body weight, percentage wise, has improved my shooting abilities.
    Last edited by I. J.; 04-10-2014 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    So, try to get your October CCL results in after youve got back from nicking your anniversary flowers from the park

You promised not to mention that

Oh, you have a Oct MPL score of 186 to beat (incl a 50 ex 50! )! It appears removing my, err, 'tackle', whilst a great loss of body weight, percentage wise, has improved my shooting abilities.
    The coaching helped a little too, I believe; the occasional tap round the back of the head with a house brick to encourage follow through has been beneficial . Further therapy is scheduled for this week.

ATB
    Mike
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

The coaching helped a little too, I believe; the occasional tap round the back of the head with a house brick to encourage follow through has been beneficial . Further therapy is scheduled for this week.

ATB
    Mike
    The coaching help my fellow Rivi team members has extended to tapping me around the head with a house brick when Im not shooting. Dont you just love em?

Just to remind those who shoot this compt be it in the first or last week your October round (IN October) is due or coming up. For those hard of understanding its the month with 28 days in it.

HTH
    Ian

The coaching help my fellow Rivi team members has extended to tapping me around the head with a house brick when Im not shooting. Dont you just love em?

Just to remind those who shoot this compt be it in the first or last week your October round (IN October) is due or coming up. For those hard of understanding its the month with 28 days in it.

HTH
    Ian
    .is that 28 days starting from now?

.is that 28 days starting from now?
    Depends on whether you use the Julian or Gregorian calendar.