Page 10 of 81 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: The Muscle Power League - whats that then?

mrfixit is offline There's many a slip twixt trousers and skip
    A Russian SSP,looks very much as though they have copied a 103.
    Home Page:
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu

That sounds very interesting - do you have a picture of it by any chance?

With the prices of genuine 103 pistols continuing to increase as we all begin to notice what a good pistol they are (after we missed them the first time around) a "copy" (or very similar) sounds interesting - especially if they are reasonably priced.

Are they available in the UK ?

How much are they?
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

I can pass it to Ian for you to have a look/play with by all means Bob.On a different matter I was looking at the proposed rules and charges for the MPL.Two points I would like to raise(and the 1st is not a being tight one)but £1 per month seems a little expensive,the 10m postal we do is £3 for summer the same for winter.secondly I think it would be better to collect the fees upfront as collecting them monthly will prove to be a nightmare,trust me on that and I'm sure Ian will back me up on that.looking forward to it though.
    Home Page:

Quote Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post
    I can pass it to Ian for you to have a look/play with by all means Bob.On a different matter I was looking at the proposed rules and charges for the MPL.Two points I would like to raise(and the 1st is not a being tight one)but £1 per month seems a little expensive,the 10m postal we do is £3 for summer the same for winter.secondly I think it would be better to collect the fees upfront as collecting them monthly will prove to be a nightmare,trust me on that and I'm sure Ian will back me up on that.looking forward to it though.
    You will be pleased to hear Steve that I propose R.R. members dont pay. We are an established club and healthy financially so a few pounds here and there is no great loss and I think you have personal experience of trying to get our members to put their hands in their pockets. Plus I cant be bothered with chasing them up. I go to the club to shoot not nurse maid.

R.M.T.C. is a different matter. They are a newly formed club and every little helps towards their running costs. You will be pleased to hear that because I am shooting for R.M.T.C. I will be paying.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Thanks Mike,

That does look interesting - but at £470 (or less) it would also be possible to buy a good s/h Feinwerkbau 100, so it would be good to see one in the flesh to see how well made it is and to see how well it shoots.

The Feinwerkbau also has an established supply of spare parts ( direct from the factory) for all its previous models at very reasonable prices, so it will be a question of preferrence, a nice new pistol and case or a good condition used Feinwerkbau with spare parts when needed at good prices. (Baikel spare parts may also be freely available and at good prices for all I know)

I can see the appeal of both and very much look forward to having a "hands on" with the Baikel as it looks good.

If I could buy a good 103 for that sort of money it would be a "no brainer" - but they usually fetch a lot more, so the Baikel is definately "in play" as a good choice MPL pistol.

It is up to each individual club to decide how to fund their MPL activities.

Larger and well established clubs may be cash rich and enjoy a good income and have a healthy bank balance. RMTC is a new and very small club with a low annual membership fee of just £25 per year that just about ( and not every week) with the range fee generates enough income to pay the rent and NSRA membership etc.

A quid a month is not a "big deal" for anyone to find to take part in the MPL, and it helps to keep the wheels turning for our club. We have never experienced any problems collecting cash from any of our members for match fees - probably because they realise we ae running on a "shoe string" and we are also fortunate to have really good club members that appreciate our circumstances and the effort we make to offer the chance to take part in different competitions for those that would like to do so.
    Last edited by zooma; 16-08-2012 at 07:09 AM.

Yep - youve got a good bunch there Bob were as our club motto should be: 'Apathy rules - but who cares?'

I had a quick look at Steves Baikel last night. It looks like the love child of a FWB103 and and industrial stapler.

ATB
    Ian

Shoots ok though doesn't it
    Home Page:

Shoots ok though doesn't it
    THAT I cannot deny. I think a new MPL ruling is needed: Owt ugly gets 3 points deducted.
    Thats me scuppered (before you say anything).

R.M.T.C. may charge you £1 per month to enter the M.P.L. but you get the use of the clubs Smart car.

ATB
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    THAT I cannot deny. I think a new MPL ruling is needed: Owt ugly gets 3 points deducted. :

R.M.T.C. may charge you £1 per month to enter the M.P.L. but you get the use of the clubs Smart car.

ATB
    Ian
    You have got the blue skip and I have got the grey wheelie bin - but they are good arn't they!

Note for the confused:-

Blue Skip = Smart Cabrio loaded with Brabus parts and remapped engine and gearbox.

Grey Wheelie Bin = Ltd Edition turbo charged Smart Urban with lots of toys - but not as many as the blue skip.

Sulk = is what you do when you realise you sold the wrong Smart
    Last edited by zooma; 16-08-2012 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    You have got the blue skip and I have got the grey wheelie bin - but they are good arn't they!

Note for the confused:-

Blue Skip = Smart Cabrio loaded with Brabus parts and remapped engine and gearbox.

Grey Wheelie Bin = Ltd Edition turbo charged Smart Urban with lots of toys - but not as many as the blue skip.

Sulk = is what you do when you realise you sold the wrong Smart

You forgot to mention - with enough spares to build another one.

Rivi members get to use a tatty wheel barrow unless you want to use MrFixit dirty deRanged Rover.

ATB
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post

You forgot to mention - with enough spares to build another one.

ATB
    Ian
    ......that just adds to the pain.

We gave the skip a good inspection last night.

Next week we will be inspecting the underside! sure it will make a lovely roof.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocity View Post
    We gave the skip a good inspection last night.

Next week we will be inspecting the underside! sure it will make a lovely roof.
    Be careful when you tip it over - things fall out!