Page 11 of 81 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: The Muscle Power League - whats that then?

If you touch my new baby things WILL fall out. Me with you!

N.C. Your only jealous because my car (which is called Bob ) could limbo under your Chelsea Tractor.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

mrfixit is offline There's many a slip twixt trousers and skip
    Yes but it's going to be funny when we pick it up and put it in the field.
    Home Page:
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu

Quote Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post
    Yes but it's going to be funny when we pick it up and put it in the field.
    Then my Smart car (Bob) will have been in the field more times than your Chelsea Tractor (the DeRanged Rover) .

Skippy (Bob) crushed between two proper road vehicles, people may pay good money to see that. All in aid of the club charity, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocity View Post
    Skippy (Bob) crushed between two proper road vehicles, people may pay good money to see that. All in aid of the club charity, of course.

Anyway, back to the subject.
    Have you bought your M.P.L. pistol yet N.C.? Im sure Bob has something suitable in his man cave. And, if your car cant get over that big hill, I will take you in mine.

ATB
    Ian

I may have an Original model 6 lined up, but I could not hit a barn door with it last night, should stick to rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocity View Post
    I may have an Original model 6 lined up, but I could not hit a barn door with it last night, should stick to rifles.

Why? Do they come with a bigger barn door?

Practice makes perfect. Andy McC has been so perfect with his FWB80 since he got it - we havent seen him practice since.
    I think Amanda and witchcraft have summat to do with this. Of course Im not saying Amanda is a witch ......

ATB
    Ian

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Of course Im not saying Amanda is a witch ......
    ATB
    Ian
    At least not within earshot........another "gnome" spell and you'll need a kid's Noddy car to look man size........never mind "Bob"
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

I think Amanda is great and nothing like a witch. [She may have internet access at work. British Brooms. ]

Rivis MPL cards are all ready to go. They all have stickers on the back near central and the names of the shooters on the front thanks to Chris B. All the members have to do now is shoot 5 shots in each card by the end of August. Simples!

Bob- may I suggest that if a person doesn't put what type of pistol they have used that they are scored as if they had shot with a recoilless one. That way they will soon learn.

Were off!!!!!

ATB
    Ian

I think the rules already cover this OK:-

"All cards must be signed by the shooter and the appointed club scorer (who must be present when the cards are shot) - both to confirm the score and to identify the type of pistol it was shot with."

If the pistol used is not identified then the card cannot be scored - it could have been shot with a PCP.
    Last edited by zooma; 17-08-2012 at 10:28 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Can I be the one to tell them they are disqualified please ..... PLEASE !!!

ATB
    Ian

Last Week !

This is the last week available to practice for the MPL - next week all competitors will shoot Round 1.

All MPL cards must be shot during the last week of every month - and next week is the last week in August, so it is when the first round will be shot.

Don't panic - stay calm - and get that springer or SSP ready for action next week.

Low MPL scores expected.

Practice has shown that almost everyone ( if not all) will be shooting an MPL pistol that is classified as "recoiless" and so their cards will all be scored DOWN for any shot that touches or cuts a line.

We have also noticed that often 90% of shots will nudge or cut a line and so most cards will score around 4 points less than they would with normal scoring.

Add to the mix that most of the competitors are inexperienced and have not shot competition cards with an MPL pistol before ( and we all know that match stickers on a card cause the pellet to deflect away from where it was aimed ) and I think the low scores will probably surprise a lot of onlookers and competitors alike.

Not to worry - it's the same for everyone and will be great for puncturing some egos no doubt - but I also expect round 2 to show some improvements as determined MPL practice takes over between now and round 2 next month!

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post

Not to worry - it's the same for everyone and will be great for puncturing some egos no doubt - but I also expect round 2 to show some improvements as determined MPL practice takes over between now and round 2 next month!
    I dont know about 'puncturing some egos' I think Amanda has been puncturing that Voodoo doll she has of me. My neck and shoulder are killing.
    That'll teach me to shoot for 'tuther side'.

ATB
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    I dont know about 'puncturing some egos' I think Amanda has been puncturing that Voodoo doll she has of me. My neck and shoulder are killing.
    That'll teach me to shoot for 'tuther side'.

ATB
    Ian
    The RMT Cloaking device is strong - you will be fully protected when shooting here with us.

.......not so confident about what will happen to you at t'other end though!