Page 13 of 81 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: The Muscle Power League - whats that then?

The final score for Rivington is:
    John Rawnsley (NO-CITY). Gammo Compact. 122.

John, a newcomer to this sport, tried to convince me the clubs Compact was a springer because, in his mentality - "I had a Webley pistol that cocked the same way!"

Let the Mick taking commence. Personally, I think Amanda did exceptionally well with her new Compact. (I'm not as stupid as I look )

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

I should have mentioned to Lloyd last night that B.A.R have the Gamo in the wrong section on their website, no wonder I could not find it.

Anyway with the 12ish shots you scored down plus 4 for the boinger, I make my score 172 . Not bad for a novice, let me get back to our outdoor range.

mrfixit is offline There's many a slip twixt trousers and skip
    That's coming from someone that can't tell the difference between a spring gun and an Ssp,not to mention master gun modifier
    Home Page:
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu

I can see it now - an immaculate Gammo Compact with a length of polished bed iron 'hamster' hanging off the front end!

You should be ready for the next round John.
    Hopefully Rivvi members will have learnt how to print their names (in some cases how to spell it), to know whether the pistol they are using is recoiling or recoilless , to use .177 flat headed pellets to find someone sensible enough to witness their cards but on the other hand ....

ATB
    Ian

The RMTC scorer type fellow has reported that he is very impressed with the consistant scoring of the Rivington scorer type fellow and that they both appear to be marking the cards in a very similar way to each other, and so are comparible in every way.(right down to both under scoring a card each by one point and so cancelling out any difference).

All of the shot cards from RMTC will be given to our club champion to bring across to Rivvy so you can also see the scoring is consistant between the two clubs and so whatever the results they will be validated for round one by both clubs.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    the Rivington scorer type fellow

........our club champion..

It's the same bloke I tells yer.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    Good evening fellow M P Lers ?!! just to warn you ( Ian ) i will be picking up a MINT FWB 80 next Saturday, this is now getting serious , because i promised S.W.M.B.O. that my spending on airguns was finished,BUT then i saw the F W B, what else could i do. I`m so weak i need therapy 115 is not good enough i need a proper pistol

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    Quote Originally Posted by john.gould View Post
    reading this lot is better than listerning to Hankocks HalfHour:
    Your spot on there, I. J. should definitely have been put on the stage
    Last edited by gordon; 01-09-2012 at 08:19 PM.

News about the boring bits.......

It seems such a shame to spoil this excellent thread with a report on the actual shooting bits of the MPL, but I will gather all the scores together and type the results up for everyone to see.....very soon....so you have a little more time to prepare for the boring bits.

This has been a very good and closely fought competition between the two clubs verbal representatives, and the shooting has also made an excellent competition and a solid start for the MPL series as well. Maybe we should have a vote to see if the banter was more enjoyable than the shooting - but personally I enjoyed them both!

For those that have not read the rules..( I wonder who that can be?).I will give a basic recap of the scoring bits:-

The final inter-club scores will be very close as we take the total from all the competitors cards that have been shot from each club and add them together. Then we divide this score by the number of shooters who took part to gain the club average score, and this will be the clubs score for Round One.

The club with the highest average score will enter the record books as the winner of the first ever round of the MPL.

I sincerly hope the world class banter does not deminsh and that it provokes even more support for round two. I also hope it will be at least as well supported as round one and both clubs contine to include as many new shooters as possible as the MPL is the ideal competition to encourage newcomers and the shy "not so new" club members to take part.

Ooh, an FWB 80, very nice.

Second one in a week, as a fellow UBC member has just picked one up.

I have already had the "what do you need another gun for " speech. Then again, I am up to 31.

Must admit, I will probably have to make my next purchase more focussed on a quality match pistol.

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

Model 80 or Model 65 anyone?

I have a really nice Model 80, and a superb small frame Model 65 that are now surplus to my collection and eager to be pressed into MPL action - so if anyone is looking for a really good example of either of these two recoiless springers - please send me a PM as I would prefer to see them in reguar MPL action rather than sold to a collector who could hide them away never to see the regular light of a club range again!

The MPL is the best excuse we have had for years to press all these classic air pistols back into action again, so lets try to keep them alive and keep them in the MPL.

If anyone else has a good example of an MPL legal pistol - please mention it here first before advertising it eleswhere so we can keep as many of them active in the MPL as possible.
    Last edited by zooma; 02-09-2012 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gordon View Post
    Your spot on there, I. J. should definitely have been put on the stage
    Its strange that you should mention this.

My granddad died on a stage . . . . . . . . . . .

If it hadn't been for the noose around his neck . . . . he would have broke his ankle.

ATB
    Ian

The final results for Rivvi are: (drum roll ... or in this case sausage roll...)

John Ward. HW45. 156 (inward scoring + 1 point per card)
    Mel N. Compact. 155
    Amanda B. Compact. 155
    Chris B. FWB100. 149
    Steve W. Baikal IZH46M. 148
    Paul B. FWB65. 145
    Mike B. FWB80. 145
    Ron B. FWB65. 127
    John Rawnsley. Compact. 122
    Ray R. Org 6G. 73
    Christine B. HW75. 68

I make that a grand total of: 1443 divided by 11 shooters = av 131.18

Pathetic!

ATB
    Ian

RMTC MPL Round One.

Here are the final MPL results for RMTC Round One.

Ian Jones. FWB 65.. 161.
    John Gould....... FWB 103.........153.
    Richard Stiles.... FAS 604.........150.
    Bob Stiles. LPM-1... 146.
    Geoff Radovick...FAS 604.........141.
    Nick Robinson... FWB 65..141.
    Ray Boucher......FWB 80..124.
    Gordon H..Original 6........115.
    Jackie Radovick. FWB 80..114.

Total Score 1245 divided by 9 competitiors = 138.34 club average.

RMTC win MPL Round One.

The small little air pistol club from Rossendale that shoot in a dark and damp cellar (next to a cauldron) with a very small membership of just 14 living souls have won the first round of the MPL aginst our friendly rivals who represented the might of the Rivington Empire.

Congratulations to RMTC who averaged 138.34 against the Rivington Riflemen's pistol shooters who averaged 131.18.

This was a good and enjoyable competition between two friendly clubs from the North West who both entered into the spirit of the event and included as many members as they could persuade to "give it a go!

Lets hope the banter continues and both clubs manage to con a few more shooters to take part in round two.

Already I know that some of the shooters that took part in round one with borrowed pistols are now considering buying an MPL legal pistol of their own for use in round two onwards, so the scores could be even higher next time - but maybe lowered a little if both clubs can recruit some more newcomers to the event.

Thanks to everyone that took part - both in the shooting and the banter - both very important I think!
    Last edited by zooma; 02-09-2012 at 11:32 AM.