Page 14 of 81 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: The Muscle Power League - whats that then?

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    Fantastic Bob quality over quantity will always win. Roll on rnd two. Appreciate the work involved in running these comps. atb Gordon.

What was the adage of the film "Field of Dreams" ..... build it and they will come .....

I am grateful for all the efforts put into setting up the club, and competitions such as this.

A club isn't just about facilities, it's nothing without thecwarmth, knowledge, and enthusiasm of it's members.

A refreshing change from shooting on my own out of the garage.

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

Quote Originally Posted by p.m.h View Post
    What was the adage of the film "Field of Dreams" ..... build it and they will come .....

I am grateful for all the efforts put into setting up the club, and competitions such as this.

A club isn't just about facilities, it's nothing without thecwarmth, knowledge, and enthusiasm of it's members.

A refreshing change from shooting on my own out of the garage.

Kind regards,

Phil
    You wait till winter, you can ice skate in the cellar, allegedly

I used to Thai Box in a church hall with a terra cotta tiled floor.

In winter your feet took 3 or 4 days to thaw out afterwards.

Looking at the contents of the old target box, all we need is a wood burner and we can melt steel.

Kind regards,

Phil

mrfixit is offline There's many a slip twixt trousers and skip
    Pah,thats what happens when you get ringers in
    Home Page:
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu

Quote Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post
    Pah,thats what happens when you get ringers in
    It has nothing to do with old style washing machines.

In my quest to increase my score - the higher scoring system for recoiling springers plus 1 point per card seems SO tempting - I had my thinking cap on today up at the club.

What recoiling springer pistol has a good, match quality trigger?

Quality fixed barrel preferably to eliminate barrel wobble?

Adjustable grip ?

Adjustable sights?

Bingo!! I had it in my hand. FWB 65 with the recoil plate added. Later, at home with 10 minutes with a suitable piece of steel sourced from my spares box and I now have a recoiling FWB65! This will be tested on Tues night at RMTC where they encourage innovation and good thinking. Whereas 'thinking' at Rivvi is an option!!! (not taken up by many members )

ATB
    Ian

Phil: I used to be a cage fighter. The budgie never knew what hit it.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Original Model 5 also fits the bill perfectly, but mine needs a reseal.

We've been bumping into each other for years, and everytime I say hello you looked perplexed

Must admit, last time was at Target Sports a couple of years ago.

I used to be the secretary of Rochdale Air Weapons Club, and we first met in the 80s when we used to turn up for field target shoots.

Alas, I am now older, fatter, and balder, so a general improvement all round.

Kind regards,

Phil

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    And if you take the top 9 scores from Rivi...

Total 1302 divided by 9 gives an average of 144.777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777

Nuff said !
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    And if my auntie had balls she would be my uncle!

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    And if my auntie had balls she would be my uncle!
    In Oswaldtwistle anything's possible...
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post

Total 1302 divided by 9 gives an average of 144.777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777

Nuff said !
    Magnanimous in defeat eh, Oh well !! we will have to take the brakes off in rnd 2 ( my brakes anyway )

atb, Gordon.

Leave Ossie out of this!!

I'm stuck between the Valley Dingles and the Blackburn Dimwits. That's why I travel to Bolton to shoot.

Us Gobbiners have our reputation to uphold you know. Oops, just remembered my passport states place of birth Rawtenstall.

And as for Magnanimous in defeat, I have copied below what I posted on Rivi Forum before I shot my cards.

Re: M.P.L. Were off!!!!

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 07:53:28 AM »

QuoteModifyRemoveSplit Topic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok who invented these rules?

They have 8 shooters with an average of 138

Our top 8 shooters averaged 147.5, our 10 shooters average 132.1. I ain't got a cat in hell's chance of scoring 132.1 with that lead chucker, so I may as well not shoot the cards and deplete Rivi's average further. Ok it's a fun comp so I'll shoot them anyway.
    Last edited by Nocity; 02-09-2012 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocity View Post
    Leave Ossie out of this!!
    I'm stuck between the Valley Dingles and the Blackburn Dimwits. That's why I travel to Bolton to shoot.
    Us Gobbiners have our reputation to uphold you know. Oops, just remembered my passport states place of birth Rawtenstall.

And as for Magnanimous in defeat, I have copied below what I posted on Rivi Forum before I shot my cards.
    Re: M.P.L. Were of« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 07:53:28 AM »
    QuoteModifyRemoveSplit Topic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Our top 8 shooters averaged 147.5, our 10 shooters average 132.1. I ain't got a cat in hell's chance of scoring 132.1 with that lead chucker, so I may as well not shoot the cards and deplete Rivi's average further. Ok it's a fun comp so I'll shoot them anyway.
    Ossy is were you can have an Uncle Dad!

As for the MPL rules. Dont over complicate them. (e.g. 4 cards, 5 shots each, single handed, .177 wadcutter pellets, 10m, last week, labelled before you shoot, witnessed after, named and pistol noted.) You have to put your name on then we know who you are. You have to give the make/model of pistol so someone, maybe not the owner can work out if its recoilless then let the scorers do the rest.
    Its NOT rocket science or H.F.T. ( e.g a 13mm kill zone at 27.5 yards max, unless its a rabbit then your allowed 13.5mm at 26.75 yards, unless its uphill then ...... )
    Last edited by I. J.; 02-09-2012 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocity View Post

Oops, just remembered my passport states place of birth Rawtenstall.

In reply to your first question - it was me that invented the rules!

......and regarding your sudden realisation that you were born in Rawtenstall ( the home of RMTC) enables you to resolve your last point about lowering the Rivvy score by shooting for your native home club instead next time!

We would be pleased to see you and be very happy with your score - we hope to accomodate everyone who would like to take part in the MPL - the winning is not the most importnat thing - its the taking part that counts the most!........but we are pleased to have won round One!

RMTC have less top scoring shooters than Rivvy - but the overall team effort was greater this time around with more average scores in the guts of the team giving an overall better average - but still ( as one of the Rivvy scribes pointed out) involving all the newcomers that we could find.

We actually have little choice in this in any case as we are such a small club we need every shooter we can find to shoot for us as we just don't have the Rivvy numbers to choose from, and is why we appreciate the fair play displayed by the Rivvy club by including shooters that are not just selected from the top enchelons - so well done Rivvy - we are doing the same thing, but RMTC got the best average this first time around.
    Last edited by zooma; 03-09-2012 at 10:02 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Hearty congratulations on the 1st round victory of Rossendale. The worry for Rivi is TC1 who seems to be sabotaging our team on Sundays, whilst we are at the outdoor range shooting our ` Long Sticks’. Now that double agent TC2 is back from his de-training, we will have more of a level playing field.