Page 15 of 81 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: The Muscle Power League - whats that then?

Quote Originally Posted by Nocity View Post
    Hearty congratulations on the 1st round victory of Rossendale. The worry for Rivi is TC1 who seems to be sabotaging our team on Sundays, whilst we are at the outdoor range shooting our ` Long Sticks’. Now that double agent TC2 is back from his de-training, we will have more of a level playing field.
    What? By hiding the competition cards in the big folder marked 'M.P.L.' in plain sight on the desk? By putting at least THREE notices on the 10m board explaining the rules, conditions, results, dates etc.etc. etc. ?

Regardless of the results and who won what already the M.P.L. has been a success. Its got, in our own clubs case, 3 or 4 new competition pistol shooters involved including yourself and moi! Several old classic pistols have been dusted off and put back into good use and I know of 4 members of Rivi who have even gone out and purchased pistols especially for this event . One of them was the only known Gammo Compact springer in captivity.
    Lets get the first series over then we can discuss fine tunning the rules (if needed) but please lets not get bogged down with red tape that put people off 'normal' postal competition.

ATB
    TC1
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Lets get the first series over then we can discuss fine tunning the rules (if needed) but please lets not get bogged down with red tape that put people off 'normal' postal competition.

ATB
    TC1
    Amen to that brother........
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    Amen to that brother........
    You mean ...... were related!

Twins? I was the bit they threw in the bucket.

Going back to the subject.
    The pistol I used for this competition (a tatty FWB65) I obtained from BARs second hand selection for £140. It just goes to prove to enjoy this competition doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg.

ATB
    Ian

You mean ...... were related!

Twins? I was the bit they threw in the bucket.

Going back to the subject.
    The pistol I used for this competition (a tatty FWB65) I obtained from BARs second hand selection for £140. It just goes to prove to enjoy this competition doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg.

ATB
    Ian
    They don't come much tatty-er (?) than your Model 65 or much cheaper - but it certainly does the job - that's for sure!

It is very hard to beat a Model 65 or 80 for sheer performance for the cash - even the minters seldom fetch any more than £300, but most are not mint and fetch less - although to be fair I have not seen one as cheap as yours before.

Just goes to show, it is not expensive to shoot in the MPL.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Just goes to show, it is not expensive to shoot in the MPL.
    Nope ..... just stressful ...
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Nope ..... just stressful ...
    'Stressful'. You dont know what stress is.

Before I retired from work one day per week we didn't answer any of the phones .

Well, working for the Samaritan can be very stressful.

ATB
    TC1

mrfixit is offline There's many a slip twixt trousers and skip
    Anything less than 122 isn't going in next monthWE WILL WIN next time.
    Home Page:
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu

Quote Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post
    Spoken like a true F.T er.

Its NOT the scores - its the taking part that matters. The top 5 from each club will receive a nice medallion at the end of the series. That should quench your thirst for plastic trophies in the time honoured FT tradition.

Withholding cards would be cheating!

ATB
    TC1

Withholding cards would be cheating!
    ATB
    TC1
    Would it now TC1???

I think we may well have a few cards with less than 122 on them next time as we encourage any newcomer that we can find to "have a go" and enjoy themselves with no pressure and no stress.

That's what it is all about!

It may be nice to win now and again - but not at any cost - we are too busy having fun and just taking part.

The serious stuff can come later or elswhere - but good scores can still be had with these Classic (and not so Classic) MPL pistols to help encourage those that are just starting and can only afford to buy or shoot basic pistols.
    Last edited by zooma; 03-09-2012 at 04:26 PM.

Would it now TC1???
    It sure would.

Like some of the Rivvy shooters we also had a card with the top edge clipped and no scoring shot recorded - but it still went in the mix.

It can ( and does) happen to all of us now and again -- thats the way the cookie crumbles sometimes!

Would it now TC1???
    If they are not witnessed or the witness doesn't think to sign the cards or they are shot with round head pellets and therefore more difficult to score - then yes.

Some people (read Rivi members) have to learn the hard way.

Once again. Cards should be stickered (or if no stickers available signed) on the back BEFORE they are shot with .177 wadcutter pellets, single handed at 10m.
    5 shots each at 4 cards.
    They should be witnessed and the witness MUST sign the card after.
    The (printed) name of the competitor and pistol used MUST be on the card (preferably front).
    The cards to be shot in the last week of the month.
    All the above is displayed on the 10m notice board.

R.M.T.C. members seem to manage it. Mind you, we have a more astute members. Rivi have got 'Gladys', Christine and Kev. Gladys recently concreted the whole of his garden when he read about the dangers of nuclear plants.
    Christine had a gold fish that was epileptic but it was alright when it went back into the water.

ATB
    TC1

mrfixit is offline There's many a slip twixt trousers and skip
    HAd an email today requesting membership for 15 blind shooters,I've sent them to Rmtc

On a side note has anyone got a spare elevation screw/dial for an Original 6?
    Last edited by mrfixit; 03-09-2012 at 06:20 PM.
    Home Page:
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu

HAd an email today requesting membership for 15 blind shooters,I've sent them to Rmtc

On a side note has anyone got a spare elevation screw/dial for an Original 6?

Theres a elevation screw in a packet on the 10m notice board which may do. I put it there Sunday. Hopefully someone hasn't shot it and had the score witnessed.

ATB
    Ian

Why did you do that? - it would have doubled our squad with the 15 visually impaired we've already got.