Page 21 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: The Muscle Power League - whats that then?

Round 2

I will get some MPL stickers printed today so they are ready in good time for the end of this month.

The Rivington stickers will be given to Ian so he can take them to the club next week.

The Rossendale stickers will be given to Geoff next week.

Please make sure they are stuck centrally on the back of the card before use so they are shot through (by at least some of the pellets!).

All cards will be scored DOWN unless the pistol used is identified as a "kicker".

Remember no cards shot without the sticker applied first can be scored.

Good shooting everyone - keep those Classic pistols alive
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Please make sure they are stuck centrally on the back of the card before use so they are shot through (by at least some of the pellets!).
    'Centrally' !! Oh God. I can see how THATS going to confuse the 'Rivis'.

It means - in the middle. Half way from the top and bottom. Not too much to the left or right. The back is the side without the big black circle ring thing. The glued side of the label goes towards the card.

That should do it.

We dont have this problem at RMTC.

ATB
    TC1
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post

ATB
    TC1
    You don't have the problem at Rivi either 'cos Chris sorted the cards out for you last month
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    You don't have the problem at Rivi either 'cos Chris sorted the cards out for you last month
    .... and still one set weren't witnessed. I dont think Chris will do that again. This will be fun.

At RMTC you are officially presented with your cards, ready stickered accompanied with a brew!

ATB
    TC1

mrfixit is offline There's many a slip twixt trousers and skip
    Well just bugger off there permanently if you like it so much
    Home Page:
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    'Centrally' !! Oh God. I can see how THATS going to confuse the 'Rivis'.

It means - in the middle. Half way from the top and bottom. Not too much to the left or right. The back is the side without the big black circle ring thing. The glued side of the label goes towards the card.

That should do it.

ATB
    TC1
    Are you sure about this IJ? Centrally means the centre of the label is to be positioned on the centre of the card. You could position the label at 45degrees about the centre and it would still be central and equi- distant.

What you should specify, is that label should be placed centrally, about the X-X and Y-Y axis’s of the card. Then, as the labels are rectangular, you need to stipulate that, in our case, that the smallest centre line of label becomes the Y-Y axis.

See you Thursday, can I shoot my cards.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post
    If he did, who would you take the p*** out of? And no. I'm not volunteering to replace him
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

mrfixit is offline There's many a slip twixt trousers and skip
    If he did, who would you take the p*** out of? And no. I'm not volunteering to replace him
    One thing were not short of is people to wind up Mike
    Home Page:
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu

Quote Originally Posted by Nocity View Post
    Are you sure about this IJ? Centrally means the centre of the label is to be positioned on the centre of the card. You could position the label at 45degrees about the centre and it would still be central and equi- distant.

What you should specify, is that label should be placed centrally, about the X-X and Y-Y axis’s of the card. Then, as the labels are rectangular, you need to stipulate that, in our case, that the smallest centre line of label becomes the Y-Y axis.

Your understanding of geometry is excellent.

'Last week in the month'. Your understanding of the calendar is poor.

'X axis and Y axis'. You cant use axis. Your not in Ossy village centre now! You use .177 wad cutter pellets like everyone else and keep the axis for chopping wood.

ATB
    Ian
    Last edited by I. J.; 19-09-2012 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post
    Then who would bring the milk for your brews?
    Stock up with your favourite (Gold) chocolate bars?
    Witness your 10m rifle targets?
    Take the 'p' out of your de Range d Rover?
    Stick plasters on your Chelsea Tractor when it was poorly?
    Keep Christine off your back with the photos of the gold fish?

ATB
    TC1

Quote Originally Posted by Nocity View Post

I am impressed to see your inclusion of engineering terminology in regard to the positioning of the MPL stickers on the back of the target.

Maybe you can arrange for the stickers to be positioned by CNC to make sure no error is able to creep in?

The other alternative is just to bung them on the back as centrally as you can using the mk 1 eyeball as there is no evidence of anyone being able to drill the holes in the target accuratelty enough to find the label every time in any case!

there is no evidence of anyone being able to drill the holes in the target accuratelty enough to find the label every time in any case!
    OOH! Bitchy!

OOH! Bitchy!
    ....... but Oh so correct!
    We were considering having some bigger stickers printed for the Rivi members so at least one pellet punched through (or in one individuals case - bounced off!)

ATB
    TC1

Last Week Before Round Two

Tonight is the last night for RMTC and RR members to remember where the old springer or SSP pistol was left last month and blow the dust off of it ready for next weeks action in the second round of the MPL.

No match cards can be shot tonight as round two has to be shot in the last week of the month, but next Tuesday and Thursday gives RMTC members two oportunities to put 5 shots on four cards at 10 metres to see how close to the ultimate 200 perfect score you can get with your Classic .177 air pistol.

The Rivington Riflemen can shot their cards on their club nights Wednesday and Thursday and this month can even squeeze in some cards on Sunday 30th - the last day in September.

Good luck everyone - it will be a lot harder for RMTC to beat the Rivvy lads this month - but that is almost not the point because the clubs have already won as the MPL brings alive more interest to the clubs and more interest to Classic pistol shooting.

I am impressed to see your inclusion of engineering terminology in regard to the positioning of the MPL stickers on the back of the target.

Maybe you can arrange for the stickers to be positioned by Christine N*** C** to make sure no error is able to creep in?

The other alternative is just to bung them on the back as centrally as you can using the mk 1 eyeball as there is no evidence of anyone being able to drill the holes in the target accuratelty enough to find the label every time in any case!
    Not a good idea, keep her well away!