Page 27 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Thread: The Muscle Power League - whats that then?

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Amanda B - 139 Gammo Compact (and a very fine pistol it is! )
    ATB
    TC1
    Disclaimer

The opinion of the author does not necessarily reflect that of the organisation as a whole - and you're on your own when the spells start flying around.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Paul W - 165 FWB 65
    Chris B - 161 FWB100
    Steve W - 157 Baikel Industrial stapler
    John W - 154 HW45
    Amanda B - 139 Gammo Compact (and a very fine pistol it is! )
    Mike B - 134 FWB80
    Ron B - 131 FWB65
    Paul B - 130 FWB80
    John R - 124 Gammo Compact
    Ray R - 110 Gammo Compact
    Len R - 102 HW45
    Christine B - 82 HW75

I will be bringing Rivis shot cards over to RMTC for very fine adjudication on Tues. so the above scores are approximate - VERY approximate!!!

Could we have the RMTC individual scores and pistols please so I can announce them with a fan fare of my trumpet up at Rivi.

ATB
    TC1
    Thanks for identifying the pistols used as I think it makes interesting reading.

You are welcome to take the RMTC cards away with you to show the Rivvy gang if you wish, but when we saw the Rivvy cards last time our scorer and yours seemed to agree on everything so we are happy to take your scorer's results as accurate, and have no need to see them - and it is bad manners to gloat !
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    Sorry we didn't have much time to talk. I was busy encouraging the Rivi MPL team and trying to avoid 'Gladys' who has become Grumpy, one of Snow Whites friends, since he gave up his pipe.
    Your lucky to get away with all your assets.

ATB
    TC1
    No problem Ian it was good shooting there again,i think it must be well over 5 yrs from when i first shot there, i could see your charges were listening intently, hanging onto every word. Don`t coach them too well though, PS i counted my assets on leaving and i can report no losses. Atb Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    Disclaimer

The opinion of the author does not necessarily reflect that of the organisation as a whole - and you're on your own when the spells start flying around.
    Chicken!!! Or should that be Chicken???

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    and have no need to see them - and it is bad manners to gloat !
    Manners have never been my best subject - bbuuurrrppp!

Quote Originally Posted by gordon View Post
    No problem Ian it was good shooting there again,i think it must be well over 5 yrs from when i first shot there, i could see your charges were listening intently, hanging onto every word. Don`t coach them too well though, PS i counted my assets on leaving and i can report no losses. Atb Gordon.
    Have you counted your car tyres? Ive to check my car every time I leave for tyres, wheel trims, 'Pizza'signs on the windows, cable ties on the wiper arms, grease on the door handles .. Some times its quicker to get a re-MOT!

ATB
    TC1
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Chicken!!! Or should that be Chicken???

Manners have never been my best subject - bbuuurrrppp!

Have you counted your car tyres? Ive to check my car every time I leave for tyres, wheel trims, 'Pizza'signs on the windows, cable ties on the wiper arms, grease on the door handles .. Some times its quicker to get a re-MOT!

ATB
    TC1
    I came over in my wife`s car,cos i remember some of the antic`s that go on at Rivi !!

Quote Originally Posted by gordon View Post
    I came over in my wife`s car,cos i remember some of the antic`s that go on at Rivi !!
    You'll do.

You'll do.
    Ta Bud

MPL Round Two Results

I have started a seperate thread to display the Round Two results so they do not get completely lost in this sea of banter.

Please check your results and put any quirey or comments about them directly on that thread to stop them getting missed (see above!).

The Elite League and Club Champion thread has also been updated........again, any quiries or comments about them would be best posted on the thread about them so they don't get overlooked ( see above!).

Congratulations to RMTC for winning Round Two, and congratulations to the top 5 Rivvy shooters who have now taken a commanding 25 point lead in the Elite League.

Congratulations are also due to the two new Round Two MPL Club Champions - John Gould and Paul Wray.

.but the biggest congratulations are saved for everyone that took part and entered into the spirit of the MPL - thanks for your support!
    Last edited by zooma; 01-10-2012 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    I have started a seperate thread to display the Round Two results so they do not get completely lost in this sea of banter.

Please check your results and put any quirey or comments about them directly on that thread to stop them getting missed (see above!).

The Elite League and Club Champion thread has also been updated........again, any quiries or comments about them would be best posted on the thread about them so they don't get overlooked ( see above!).

Congratulations to RMTC for winning Round Two, and congratulations to the top 5 Rivvy shooters who have now taken a commanding 25 point lead in the Elite League.

Congratulations are also due to the two new Round Two MPL Club Champions - John Gould and Paul W. (what does the W stand for?)

.but the biggest congratulations are saved for everyone that took part and entered into the spirit of the MPL - thanks for your support!
    Cheers Bob. I will print a copy off and display it up on the Rivi 10 m notice board for them to weep over.
    I notice our club 'Leader Of The Month' get to keep a trophy for a month. The Rivi leader (Paul Wray) is lucky if they get a bag of crisps!!!

ATB
    TC1

Cheers Bob. I will print a copy off and display it up on the Rivi 10 m notice board for them to weep over.
    I notice our club 'Leader Of The Month' get to keep a trophy for a month. The Rivi leader (Paul Wray) is lucky if they get a bag of crisps!!!

ATB
    TC1
    Well that's one of the loosing team members names I have been able to update on the results - how about sharing the others?

ATB
    TC1
    Well at least you have counted Pauls cards this month, unlike last. I will gladly buy the lad a packet of crisps.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocity View Post
    Well at least you have counted Pauls cards this month, unlike last. I will gladly buy the lad a packet of crisps.
    ..you might find they have gone up a bit since you last had to buy a bag as a reward for a winning Rivvington performance - and the little blue bag of salt has gone as well!

What, no blue bags! Whats the world coming to.

Try this.

https://sites.google.com/site/ukahft...2012-club-team

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocity View Post
    Now that's strength in depth...
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    Now that's strength in depth...
    Brilliant results there Mike - I know you guys are tops at field target shooting - something I have never done, but the idea does appeal to me a lot.

I just need to find a good "Big Nikko" from somebody at the right price and I will come over and give it a go.

I got a nice AA 400 from John during one of our famous swaps, and I have been told that a good scope is even more important than the rifle, so my reasoning is if I commit to a good scope I will fit it to the 400 and have a go.

If I get on well enough I can look at another rifle later - if I don't get on at all well or don't enjoy it I will have a nice scope to sell!

Let me know if anyone has such a lump of glass for sale ( or swap) as I could be interested.