Page 29 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: The Muscle Power League - whats that then?

RMTC don't have as many oportunities to shoot Round 3 of the MPL as we can only shoot twice a week - but we do gain an extra Tuesday this month so that is a bonus!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Heard a good one tonight while in a head-2-head competition practice to MPL rulings (one card 5 shots - Pardini v FWB65). After my 3rd shot Steve (MrFixit) said that the noise of my pistol frightened him and he did a bad shot! What a wussssss.

Lets hope the Bogey Man doesn't get him before the next round of the MPL.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

mrfixit is offline There's many a slip twixt trousers and skip
    Not exactly what I said,but along those lines
    Home Page:
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu

Distracted by the mechanical sound of a Feinwerkbau Model 65 ?

Nothing I like better than to see and hear the nostalgic sight and sounds of a full shooting detail of Model 65 and 80 springers - brings back some superb memories - and often some surprisingly good scores too!

One of the main inspirations I had for introducing this retro series was to bring back these wonderful sights and sounds - but I never intended to freighten anyone !

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post

- but I never intended to freighten anyone !
    Have you met Steve (MrFixit)? I once asked him - "When did you notice you'd been frightened?"
    He replied "When I took my bicycle clips off!"

ATB
    Ian

You'll think so when I pin you down and get Christine to sit on your face.
    Home Page:

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post
    Make sure you don't get caught in between........
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

I hope you used a spell checker on that!

Now I'm frightened.

Right then - next week is MPL week !

Round 3 of the MPL is to be shot during the last week of this month and so that means tomorow is the start date for the Rivvy shooters and Tuesday is the kick-off for the RMTC shooters.

Good luck everyone - l am hoping to see a few more "kickers" amongst the "twangers" this time - just to see what the basic pistols can acheive ( with suitable rules support) against the more elaborate recoiless springers and SSP pistols.

I will start the ball rolling by using a GAMO Falcon - the cheapest verison of the GAMO underlever family with a full plastic grip ( like the original plastic Original Model 5 and 6 pistols) but sharing the same mechanics as the Centre and Target versions.

These can be picked-up from forty quid or so - and even absolute "minters" probably won't fetch much over 75 quid so this really is budget class competition shooting equipment.

How would you feel if one beat you?.....good eh?

THERE OFF!!!!

Len shot his Oct round of the MPL today and had a 30 point increase over last month. (HW45) Its going to be tough for him to beat that next month.
    Ive made sure Christine has got her cards.

'Gladys' had to leave early as he had to go to the vets [I jest not]. It appears hes got Kanker. He thought he'd sat on some nettles. It must be a very deep Kanker.

ATB
    TC1
    Last edited by I. J.; 21-10-2012 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    THERE OFF!!!!

Len shot his Oct round of the MPL today and had a 30 point increase over last month. (HW45) Its going to be tough for him to beat that next month

ATB
    TC1
    A 30 point increase?....it is pretty hard to actually score 30 points with an HW 45 at 10 metres !

........this is a very inaccurate target pistol at 10 meters and have to admit we would all like to see one being shot "live" single handed at 10 meters that can produce a good score.

Even our best shot can't squeeze a good score out of his two examples - and he has done plenty of work on his to make them as refined as possible.

My Silver Star is almost new and needs some more use yet I agree, but it also shows no signs of being able to produce any acceptable level of accuracy, and even though I like the pistol - I doubt it will ever make an accurate 10 metre shooter.

We are definately envious of anyone that can score well with an HW 45 at 10 meters and would love to see it done for ourselves - I am sure we could learn something as we think we have tried everything possible - but obviously there must be something very significant that we have missed

Off hand (Ive left the cards at the range to be picked up at the end of the round) I think Len scored 132 and one of the cards (inward scoring + 1) was a 40 something. Not bad at all for Len admits to not being a 'serious' pistol shooter.

There getting too good these Rivi lads I think I shall have to bring (another) ringer in.

ATB
    TC1

Threats(sorry meant coaching/encouragement)must be working
    Home Page:

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Yes and fear that the beatings will continue until morale improves..
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Maybe but Christines got to shoot yet. So, were back to the monkeys and typewriters.

Good luck.

ATB
    TC1