Page 3 of 81 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: The Muscle Power League - whats that then?

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post

Each club will have it's own individual circumstance to work within, and every competition like this involves a fair bit of trust on behalf of every competitor, so I am sure you will resolve it in the way that works best for you at Rivington.
    Oh Im sure we (they ) will get bye. There a very trustworthy lot down at R.R. At least this way the wrong persons 10m rifle cards shot out of sequence on the wrong nights wont happen again.

I have spoken to our clubs Pistol Secretary (Chris) today and both he and his Mrs, Amanda, have agreed to enter this comp. using their FWB103! I forgot they had this pistol. Amanda shoots to a very high standard, averaging around the 48 mark with her usual pcp and with the additional help of witch craft. (Please dont tell her I said that as I hated being a frog )

Can I come back and shoot for Rivington?

ATB
    'Turncoat Jones.'
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Oh Im sure we (they ) will get bye. There a very trustworthy lot down at R.R. At least this way the wrong persons 10m rifle cards shot out of sequence on the wrong nights wont happen again.

I have spoken to our clubs Pistol Secretary (Chris) today and both he and his Mrs, Amanda, have agreed to enter this comp. using their FWB103! I forgot they had this pistol. Amanda shoots to a very high standard, averaging around the 48 mark with her usual pcp and with the additional help of witch craft. (Please dont tell her I said that as I hated being a frog )

Can I come back and shoot for Rivington?

ATB
    'Turncoat Jones.'
    The FWB 103 is a very fine match pistol that is every bit as good as any PCP in my opinion (probably with a faster lock time as well) - and in the hands of a 48 ex 50 shooter I think the rest of the Rivvy team will have somebody to try and catch.........and the RMT minnows will have an even bigger headache.

It looks like we need a few more turncoats to even things up a bit..so I think I will mention the witchcraft you refer to as it may help to win a defection - no wait a minute you are shooting for us so that won't help at all - but I might mention it anyway just incase you annoy her enough to (hopefully) put her off.

This has always looked like being a contest with the tiny little Rossendale club taking on the might of the established Rivington empire (sympathy needed here)- and now you show us even more of your big guns ( more sympathy for the underdogs here) - we feel very insignifiant and freightened ( any sympathey left anywhere?) - but David did beat Goliath once ( or so it says in the good book) so we will give it a go!

...anybody seen my slingshot?
    Last edited by zooma; 20-07-2012 at 08:13 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    ...anybody seen my slingshot?
    I hope it's .177 and less than 6 ft/lbs Bob
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    I hope it's .177 and less than 6 ft/lbs Bob
    See?
    With this quick wit and R.R. humour plus Amanda (and her broom stick ) were dooomed man - DOOOMMMEEEDDDD!!!!

ATB
    Ian

Although I am a novice at the 10m pistol Bob, I would be willing to join the Jones bloke to shoot for the enemy. All I would need would be several weeks of continuous intensive training, some new eyes and a course of drug therapy that might reduce my current tendency to wobble when on aim. That and a contract similar to the one offered to Turncoat 1 ( I could be TC2) with the company Jag, £50,000 a year and a free reign to use any gun in your considerable armoury. I will let my agent know that another club may be interested in my services. Could I wear a disguise?

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    Although I am a novice at the 10m pistol Bob, I would be willing to join the Jones bloke to shoot for the enemy. All I would need would be several weeks of continuous intensive training, some new eyes and a course of drug therapy that might reduce my current tendency to wobble when on aim. That and a contract similar to the one offered to Turncoat 1 ( I could be TC2) with the company Jag, £50,000 a year and a free reign to use any gun in your considerable armoury. I will let my agent know that another club may be interested in my services. Could I wear a disguise?

Andy
    Nobody told me I had to take a pay cut!

Yes Andy you could be known as 'Frank'. Spencer not Sinatra.

ATB
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post

Andy
    OK - no communications from now on with your real name Andy as being TC2 could be dangerous so......

Hello "Frankie" - we are able to offer a cup of our famous Rossendale tea (drug therapy) each time you visit us - which is almost the same as having all the above quoted requests so you should pass this on to your agent who will no doubt be staggered at our generous offer - and yes you can wear a disguise pink tutu, but not with high heeled stilettoes - that would be silly.
    Last edited by zooma; 21-07-2012 at 07:09 PM.

Wot no Rivvy's about?

It has been a strangely Rivvy- free day today.

Maybe they have a competition to go to with their long sticks?

Perhaps they are planning the fate of TC 1 and "Frankie" the new TC 2 - we can only fear for their safety and hope they survive long enough to shoot a few good rounds for us.

Meanwhile we will remain concerned, but enjoy the peace and quiet.

I'm amazed to see that your cross dressing habits 'Frankie' have already traversed across two counties and over that there big hill.

It should also be noted that the famous Rossendale tea is FREE at R.M.T.C. and not extortionately priced at 20p per cup at that there other club.

ATB
    Ian

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    The big yellow shiny ball in the sky made an appearance in PR6 today so my time was delegated by SWMBO (and cricket, golf and F1 was on the telly too)

See you soon, once I get rid of the image you drew of "Frankie" there's no emoticon for "shudders violently" is there?

Mike
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post

See you soon, once I get rid of the image you drew of "Frankie" there's no emoticon for "shudders violently" is there?

Mike
    We try to please!

Actually, I think I look quite pleasant with the tutu. I prefer my yellow one in summer as it matches the stilettos better. I presume that you include a dose of bromide in your Rossendale tea Bob? I certainly hope so, as I have been known to become very amorous to those with a southern accent on occasion.

Frankie "Angel" Mac
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Bob - youve pulled ..... and I dont mean the trigger!

Im off up to the clubs work party soon so I shall promote the M.P.L. to those members who cant/dont read the notice boards. Why should they read it when I will explain it to them on a one-2-one basis, over a brew, and answer all their questions like: "Where do babies come from?"

ATB
    Ian

Good luck with the work party Ian - don't forget the crayons !

I also have a work party today arranging to open a coal shute directly down to the RMTC cellar to make it easier to receive the bulk deliveries of bromide to keep our little TC2 angel Frankie under control.

The MPC competition certainly provides entertainment - lets hope we find some time to do some shooting as well.

The MPC competition certainly provides entertainment - lets hope we find some time to do some shooting as well.
    Ive always said the shooting down at Rivi was cr@p but the jibbing and banter up to Olympic standards.

You have to keep your wits about you at all times up there. One member mentioned last week that he had visited the gay village in Manchester. As soon as he mentioned it he knew he'd made a BIG mistake. He still wishes you could rewind life by 2 minutes and think before he spoke.

ATB
    Ian