Page 30 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Thread: The Muscle Power League - whats that then?

Interesting Thought?

After shooting several cards we noticed that it is not unusual to hit 4 lines per 5 shots.

This is obviously extremley variable - but we hit 4 lines out of every 5 shots on average during our tests.

If these shots had been on MPL cards then they would have each gained 4 points - total 16 points - plus the one point bonus for each of the four cards gives a total of 20 extra points per round!

Obviously shooting a kicker is a bit more of a lottery that shooting a recoiless pistol - but on a good day you can gain 20 points (assuming you are able to hit a similar score) so "are you feeling lucky?"

Has anyone seen GORDON?
    Last edited by zooma; 22-10-2012 at 04:30 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Steve (MrFixit). Ive picked your 'industrial stapler' from Bob tonight. How come you can never find your hacksaw when you need it. I'll buy another tomorrow.

Several member of the RMTC shot their MPL cards tonight and its looking good. Bob scored a very creditable 168 * with his Gammo Falcon. Interesting the remaining scores either equalled or better their previous scores. We feel we may have got you this month Rivi in both the top 5 section and team.
    O.K. so you recently won the UKHFT Team trophy for 2012 so make the best of it. You wont be winning the MPL one.

ATB
    Ian

*score corrected.
    Last edited by I. J.; 24-10-2012 at 11:13 AM. Reason: score corrected.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Most of the RMTC members have shot their Round 3 MPL cards and have not done too badly.

I have shot another different pistol for Round 3 and hope to make sure I never shoot the same classic pistol twice......to me the MPL is all about bringing a bit of interest and fun back into target air pistol shooting at 10 meters - and a brilliant oportunity to play with all those forgotten classic pistols.!

Now I need to find something else to shoot in Round 4 and will enjoy the decision making processs and trying to decide if the extra points to be had from shooting a kicker are worth the risk of a less than predictable result - but great when it comes together!

I wish I had not sold my Model 10 now - that really was a good performer!

A new visitor brought his .177 Hurricane to the club last night - so I have made a hasty decision not to shoot a Webley next time - but almost anything else could be considered.

I did enjoy shooting the industrial stapler last night just before "close of play", but that is now on its way back to Steve ( thanks for the loan) - it was surprisingly good!

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post

I have shot another different pistol for Round 3 and hope to make sure I never shoot the same classic pistol twice......
    Bob, your in the very enviable position of being able to shoot every PELLET in the MPL series with a different pistol.

ATB
    TC1

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Bob, your in the very enviable position of being able to shoot every PELLET in the MPL series with a different pistol.

ATB
    TC1
    If it was rifles you would have to shoot every pellet several times!

MPL Round 3 - last chance?

Just a quick reminder to everyone that this is the last week of the month and so MPL Round 3 cards need to be completed.

I think most of the RMT and RR shooters have already shot their cards, but for those that have yet to do so please get them completed and hand them to your club scorer so we can put the results up next week.

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Steve (MrFixit). Ive picked your 'industrial stapler' from Bob tonight. How come you can never find your hacksaw when you need it. I'll buy another tomorrow.

Several member of the RMTC shot their MPL cards tonight and its looking good. Bob scored a very creditable 168 * with his Gammo Falcon. Interesting the remaining scores either equalled or better their previous scores. We feel we may have got you this month Rivi in both the top 5 section and team.
    O.K. so you recently won the UKHFT Team trophy for 2012 so make the best of it. You wont be winning the MPL one.

ATB
    Ian

*score corrected.
    Are you still confident?

mrfixit is offline There's many a slip twixt trousers and skip
    168 is good,but not as good as 182But don't worry Mr.Jones your rules will still penalise the people that practise and try to improve their scores.
    Funny how good cards are left lying on the table,but bad cards are whisked away and locked in your boot:
    Home Page:
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu

Quote Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post
    168 is good,but not as good as 182But don't worry Mr.Jones your rules will still penalise the people that practise and try to improve their scores.
    Funny how good cards are left lying on the table,but bad cards are whisked away and locked in your boot:
    There should be no spare cards laying about at all with MPL stickers on them - and those that don't have stickers on them are usually always better than those that do have them, and that's the difference between shooting at leisure with no pressure and shooting a witnessed match card infront of everybody else

Each MPL competitior only has 4 cards per month to shoot - no spares - so only the ones that have been witnessed and shot with the MPL stickers on the back should be "whisked away" by your match controller!

Congratulations to the Rossendale resisident who scored 182 with a GAMO Centre in the MPL last night - and thanks for letting him use your range to shoot it on !

Good cards should be placed back into the MPL folder marked 'MPL' by the shooter. Its not rocket science. (We are still awaiting a MPL box for mounting on the wall. ) I didn't personally see the 182 so its still a myth. The cards I removed, including yours MrFixit, was to stop the bad scores being, err, accidentally thrown on the fire (like you threatened last time ).

The cards I removed to protect the innocent were:

Steve Wilson - Pardini K58 - 165
    Len Rodgers - HW45 - 132
    Christine Bessell- HW75 - 80

Mike or I will pick the remainder of the cards up, including the fabled 182, next time we are up at the range.

MrFixit last night shot a 50 ex 50, his first, using his Pardini using HOBBY pellets. I told you he was tight. He's that tight hes drilled a hole in his fridge door to make sure the little light goes out !!!

Ive arranged for 10 medallions (with ribbons), 5 for each top shot in both clubs, and a team trophy to be bought which will be presented at the end of the season in December.

ATB
    TC1
    Last edited by I. J.; 26-10-2012 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Ribbons added

A good score with the Pardini in the MPL Steve, and a PB of 50 has got to make you smile!..but Len scoring a 132 with an HW 45 could be regarded by some as an even better result - they really are horrible things to shoot accurately at 10 metres single handed, so he probably had to work a lot harder than you did with your Pardini!

The Hobby pellets are nominally 4.50, so to keep scoring 50 on every card you may need a slightly more consistant sized 4.50 pellet - so try the Meisterkugeln in 4.50.

Hobby may be good enough for most of us average type people, but now you have risen to the height of Super-Star you should treat yourself to a slightly more expensive diet "because you are worth it" as the advert goes.....

I am not convinced that the R10 pellets suite the Classic aged pistols as well as the Meisterkugeln.
    Last edited by zooma; 26-10-2012 at 08:48 AM.

Hobby may be good enough for most of us average type people, but now you have risen to the height of Super-Star you should treat yourself to a slightly more expensive diet "because you are worth it" as the advert goes.....

Thats the killer word here.

Steve pistol shooting skills are spot on - now if we could just improve his sportsmanship and stop him destroying cards.

ATB
    TC1

Each MPL competitior only has 4 cards per month to shoot - no spares - so only the ones that have been witnessed and shot with the MPL stickers on the back should be "whisked away" by your match controller!
    This isn't always possible. I didn't go to the club on Wed night and Mike didn't go last night so an element of trust (and thinking) is involved here. (Shouldn't we have a 'rolling around on the floor laughing' smilie here?)

ATB
    TC1

Yeah, not at the club Wednesday but Christine's cards are safely put away and recorded. As for not having an MPL box mounted to the wall. the last time I mentioned it I was told it was not needed as the folder was better, make your mind up!. How a turncoat can talk about trust is beyond me.

A box please! A BOX PLEASE!!! Yes please to a box.

Is that clear enough? Marked 'MPL' not that will stop them putting their rifle cards in it.

It wasn't me that was born in Rawtenstall and now shoots for that there club over the big hill!

ATB
    TC1