Page 4 of 81 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: The Muscle Power League - whats that then?

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Ive always said the shooting down at Rivi was cr@p but the jibbing and banter up to Olympic standards.

You have to keep your wits about you at all times up there. One member mentioned last week that he had visited the gay village in Manchester. As soon as he mentioned it he knew he'd made a BIG mistake. He still wishes you could rewind life by 2 minutes and think before he spoke.

ATB
    Ian
    I know the feeling - but I will say no more!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

See?
    With this quick wit and R.R. humour plus Amanda (and her broom stick ) were dooomed man - DOOOMMMEEEDDDD!!!!

ATB
    Ian
    Nah - I saw you taking the middle out of the target with your Model 80 last night - I think we can put up a fight - especially if John gets his 103 going and TC2's Model 80 comes "on song" (and his medication kicks in OK).

With me coaching - how can we fail?....(only the answers on this subject that have been received by RMSD and written on the back of a postage stamp will be replied to).
    Last edited by zooma; 25-07-2012 at 03:46 PM.

Yes, but did you also see how many times my target fell out of the holder! Its withcraft I tell you man. Were doomed - doooommmeeeddd!

Now, as well as my pistol and spotting scope (Aldi £24.99 ) I will have to carry with me 'ear of bat & eye of toad.' A small bottle of virgins tears (almost impossible to find in Blackburn ) ... I wonder if BTDT would lend me some of his woad?

Have you ever seen your pellet bounce of the ten ring and hit a 3? It happened to me several times last night.

Were doooommmeeedddddd!

ATB
    'Froggy'
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Yes, but did you also see how many times my target fell out of the holder! Its withcraft I tell you man. Were doomed - doooommmeeeddd!

ATB
    'Froggy'
    That's got nothing to do with witchcraft - more to do with you not sticking your target up properly in the first place!

You also have (a lot of) trouble mastering your pellet box - but I am not going to mention this in public or draw any attention to it - but if I did, some may compare the two.

Let me do the technical stuff and stick your targets up for you and put your pellets in your RWS pellet sorter box for you - this leaves you with the simple task of shooting a 10 every time - entirely possible now I have removed the burden of these high pressure responsibilities from your shoulders!

Let the force be with you - it is strong in this one it is.
    Last edited by zooma; 25-07-2012 at 09:09 AM.

Have you ever seen your pellet bounce of the ten ring and hit a 3? It happened to me several times last night.

Were doooommmeeedddddd!

ATB
    'Froggy'
    Now that is witchcraft - maybe we are dooooooommmmeeeeedddddd !

.....or maybe you just missed!

Keep those negative thoughts at bay....and let the force be with you !
    Last edited by zooma; 25-07-2012 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Now that is witchcraft - maybe we are dooooooommmmeeeeedddddd !

.....or maybe you just missed!

Keep those negative thoughts at bay....and let the force be with you !
    The force is usually after me ...... the police force.

What a partnership. You fix the targets and load my pellet tray and I shoot the pistol.

Bring it on Rivi R!

ATB
    Ian

p.s. How good are you a feeding frogs? (And I dont mean our continental cousins.)

The force is usually after me ...... the police force.

What a partnership. You fix the targets and load my pellet tray and I shoot the pistol.

Bring it on Rivi R!

ATB
    Ian

p.s. How good are you a feeding frogs? (And I dont mean our continental cousins.)
    No problem - I will fix your targets, fill your RWS pellet sorter and bring you some nice fat worms - all you have to do is score a 10 every time.

Simples!

Did you know that when you cut a worm in two one end will wriggle.

But not if you cut it length ways.

ATB
    Ian

Did you know that when you cut a worm in two one end will wriggle.

But not if you cut it length ways.

ATB
    Ian
    No doubt you have spent a lot of time practicing your culinary skills on worms during your enforced time as a frog - so you will know these things...witch leads me to think about the MPL.

A Model 80 is going with me to the range tonight - its about time I decided which pistol to use in the MPL as August is getting closer - and that's when we start shooting - but the problem is I have a few nice classics to choose from and I would like to exercise them all.

The Model 65 and 80 are the "natural" choices for me as we go back to the 70's together - but then again so does the Model 10 and Model 6 - but I also like to shoot the FAS 604 and the FWB103.

The other thing is I am very tempted to go for the simple sping powered "kicker" and see how I get on with scoring UP and with the +1 pont bonus per card. I think it will be a close choice as the rules have been devised to make it this way. This brings the GAMO Centre/Target right back into play ( and others like the HW70 and Model 5) ...and even a well sorted Webley Premier could spring a few surprises! **

Decisions......decisions......

** note door left wide open for Ian's literary size 10's to come stamping in!
    Last edited by zooma; 26-07-2012 at 08:21 AM.

... Clip ... Clop ... Clip... Clop.....

The Webley would make it easier to score. 1 + 2 + 1 + 0 + 0 and thats a good card.

Whats to stop you shooting every round with a different pistol? You could start off with a one of your FWB80s - (lets face it, you could shoot the whole 20 shot course and not have to re-load ) and then use a model 5 or HW70. As long as each card is marked with what pistol you used to aid scoring.

You could even use your Original mod 12G for one round. Now, Ive never heard of a Mod 12G but you have probably got one, the only one in captivity, and I bet its in its original box!

.....Clip .... Clop .... Clip .... Clop .... DINK!

ATB
    Ian

I forgot about the Model 12G - that's another one to try.

Are you still the Public Relations Officer for the Webley Air Pistol Appreciation Club?

No, but I am the secretary of the Competition Rifle And Pistol Webleys a.k.a. as C.R.A.P Webleys.

Im also the secretary of the D.N.A. - the National Association of Dyslexics.

Oh. and Rivington Riflemen.

ATB
    Ian

No, but I am the secretary of the Competition Rifle And Pistol Webleys a.k.a. as C.R.A.P Webleys.

Im also the secretary of the D.N.A. - the National Association of Dyslexics.

Oh. and Rivington Riflemen.

ATB
    Ian
    I see a common thread here!

....Clip....Clop....Clip....Clop....

........and I knew you would not be able to resisit it !

....Clip....Clop....Clip....Clop....

The Webley would make it easier to score. 1 + 2 + 1 + 0 + 0 and thats a good card.

ATB
    Ian
    I acquired a .177 Webley Tempest today and took it to the club tonight.

I shot a 45 at 10 meters with my first card........ but it was with my Model 80!

I did hit the card with the Tempest ( a few times) - but it needs a lot of work on the trigger to make it better and good enough to even consider using it in the MPL.

John Gould also shot the Tempest - but not for long and complained that it hurt his had too!

After 50 or so shots with the Tempest I was too knackered to shoot it again and my hand hurt!..and I never scored anything worth mentioning with the Model 80 after that either!

I guess this makes the Webley a great "leveller" - put 50 shots through it and you won't be able to shoot anything else afterwards very well either!

Anyway, I am off in the camper van for a couple of days tomorrow, so keep things ticking-over until I get back and try to find a TC3 (no tutu required - we already have TC2 angel Frankie).

I will be giving points for originality, wit, humour etc but a bonus for recruiting a TC3 !
    Last edited by zooma; 26-07-2012 at 11:17 PM.

ATB
    Ian
    I acquired a .177 Webley Tempest today and took it to the club tonight.

I shot a 45 at 10 meters with my first card........ but it was with my Model 80!

I did hit the card with the Tempest ( a few times) - but it needs a lot of work on the trigger to make it better and good enough to even consider using it in the MPL.

After 50 or so shots with the Tempest I was too knackered to shoot it again and my hand hurt!..and I never scored anything worth mentioning with the Model 80 after that either!

John Gould also shot the Tempest a few times and complained that it hurt his hand too!

I guess this makes the Webley a great "leveller" - put 50 shots through it and you won't be able to shoot anything else afterwards very well either!