Page 53 of 81 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: The Muscle Power League - whats that then?

Febs official MPL scores (complete )

Rivi:

Paul Wray (Suprise - surprise ) - 193 - Centre.
    Steve Wilson - 176
    Andy Wilson - 167
    Graham Myers - 162 - HW45
    Rob Williams - 158
    John Rawnsley - 150
    S. Wright (first name 'Snot'? ) - 149 - FWB80
    Mike Barnard - 147 - FWB80.
    Richard Caughey - 137

RMTC.

John Ward - 182.
    John Gould - 175
    Ian Jones - 175
    Geoff Radovic - 172
    Bob Stiles - 167
    Jackie Radovic - 161
    Richard Stiles - 160
    Phillip Hewitt - 160
    Richard Shepard - 148
    Steve Backland - 143
    Ray Boucher - 116.

It should be noted Rivi scored an average of 159.88888 whilst RMTC averaged 159.909.
    Another resounding win for RMTC.

I did hear a rumor that one Rivi competitor managed to put 6 shots through a card. This will be followed up with evidence.
    Last edited by I. J.; 13-03-2013 at 10:48 PM.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    With RMTC somehow managing to lose 5 of the Rivi cards in the Rawtenstall triangle, it's interesting to see the imaginative range of scores allegedly recorded.......

Team Rivi MPL motivational coach Steve "the beatings will continue until morale and scores improve" Wilson is not happy with second hand information.

Proof is required.

Please. And sooner rather than later......
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    With RMTC somehow managing to lose 5 of the Rivi cards in the Rawtenstall triangle, it's interesting to see the imaginative range of scores allegedly recorded.......
    The 5 cards were not 'lost' just, errr, temporarily misplaced. All is now well and yet another resounding victory for RMTC.

'Mr Wilson' new coaching lessons are to be called 'CANT SHOOT? - RIGHT HOOK!!!'

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    The 5 cards were not 'lost' just, errr, temporarily misplaced. All is now well and yet another resounding victory for RMTC.
    By a margin of approximately 5/8ths of b****r all..
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

By a margin of approximately 5/8ths of b****r all..
    5/8ths??? I once got the sack for being just 3 thou out!

Mind you - I did work for Nat West.

The medals for the top 5 shooters in each club have been purchased.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ent=Medals.jpg

Mind you. At the present rate of decline in competitors some of the Rivi members may be receiving two each.

Next round? Sun 24th - Sun 31st March.

ATB
    TC1

Just a quick pointer here guys, RMTC won by the narrowest of margins as may be, but remember the 10 shooter rule was not applied and the RIVVINGTON scores were divided by 9 shooters, as we all know if the said rule would have been implemented the margin would have been much greater. Nuff said.
    Regarding other issues, proof will be provided.

Quote Originally Posted by Melegbait View Post
    Just a quick pointer here guys, RMTC won by the narrowest of margins as may be, but remember the 10 shooter rule was not applied and the RIVVINGTON scores were divided by 9 shooters, as we all know if the said rule would have been implemented the margin would have been much greater. Nuff said.
    Oooohhhh - I cant wait until Tuesday when, hopefully, I will pick up exhibit 'A'. A 5 shot 6 hole card.

Quote Originally Posted by Melegbait View Post
    Touched a nerve have we??

Yes, we have starting to feel sorry and charitable towards you.

Mr Wilson has already shaved ALL his hair off for charity. It appears they would rather have had money.

ATB
    TC1

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Mr Wilson has already shaved ALL his hair off for charity. It appears they would rather have had money.

ATB
    TC1
    That bit's not been fully proven - if you remember he bottled out the other Sunday from a full reveal

Not really - but Geoff has put in a lot of time checking every MPL score from both clubs right from the start and provides accurate information in a correct and impartial way.

This has included both up-grading and down-grading some of the original scores on the odd occasion (from both clubs), but this has always provided us with the consistancy to know we have a stable scoring platform we can all trust.

His comments about the 10 person team rule we discused last year is well in order and he explained that it would have increased the RMTC victory magin if it had been instigated.This idea was originally "floated" to encourage both teams to get as many shooters as possible and not to get out-numbered by the rival team(s) - and something like that would still be a good idea.

It is all too easy for either team to shorten the team size and to gain a better average, but we try to encourage everyone to take part - even though we know it will automatically lower our average scores, and we would encouarge you to do the same.

The Elite league is where the top MPL shots from each club fight it out - the club matches are to enjoy and encourage as many as possible to just "have a go", so why not see if you can knobble a few more of your riflemen to give it a try - some may even enjoy the new challange and boost your team numbers - it has worked well for you already as you have already gained/converted some, and with such a large membership you can probably gain a few more yet, so happy hunting!
    Last edited by zooma; 14-03-2013 at 02:04 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Yes Bob, I see where you're coming from and at Rivi we estimate the scores allowing subsequent gauging of the cards if necessary. My comment was in my usual, light-hearted tongue in cheek manner and if Geoff was upset then I apologise As you say he is Mr Consistent Scorer.

As far as numbers shooting are concerned, we had a range tidying session the other Sunday - the number of dead hamsters, grannies, sundry other pets and relatives together with sick children, hospital visiting was incredible. (You get the idea ) this meant a lack of continuity and we're still picking up the pieces.

To try to encourage pistol shooting, Paul Wray and I are offering coaching sessions and the interest is definitely there.

The demands on the time at Rivington include SPA pistol - 5 X 60 shot series per month over 5 months winter and summer; 10m rifle - 4 cards per round, 2 series per year, MPL and CCL at 1 per month, not to mention bell target, HFT and FT winter and summer where competitions are held all over the North of England, the Midlands and Wales. So even having 3 sessions per week available at the range, it is difficult to fit everything in, even if you remember the dates.

Anyway that's me running out of excuses except my FWB is in for service, I'm still tuning my Tau-7 and I've forgotten what my SAM K11 and my Daystate Mk4 are like cos my dive bottle's running low.

ATB
    Mike

All apologies are duly accepted, I do this for the money not for the love, or should that have been the other way round.
    Seriously though, well done to everyone who takes part and I agree with Bobs comments.
    Good shooting everyone next month.

The demands on the time at Rivington include SPA pistol - 5 X 60 shot series per month over 5 months winter and summer; 10m rifle - 4 cards per round, 2 series per year, MPL and CCL at 1 per month, not to mention bell target, HFT and FT winter and summer where competitions are held all over the North of England, the Midlands and Wales. So even having 3 sessions per week available at the range, it is difficult to fit everything in, even if you remember the dates.
    ATB
    Mike
    Mike, youve forgot the biggest user of our 10m range. The Plinker! The club member who pays his or her subs and is happy just firing lead down towards the target some with such speed you would think they had shares in RWS! (Jack The Hat and Tackle Berry to name two)
    Or the Webley pistol plonker, I mean plinker.
    Then theres the low powered sporting rifle user who is just happy that their pellets reach the back stop, like Kev with his asthmatic Meteor. All full members of the club but most would come out in a rash or run a mile if you even mention the word 'competition'. All take up precious firing points but have absolutely no interest in anything involving scoring.

ATB
    TC1