Page 54 of 81 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: The Muscle Power League - whats that then?

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    I thought that's what the red light was supposed to prevent, BUT you can't legislate for the colour blind or terminally stupid ,can you?

So we carry on banging our heads against the wall - it'll be nice when it stops and the walls will not lean any further I suppose

ATB

Mike (don't feel like a big grin at the moment)
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Mike, youve forgot the biggest user of our 10m range. The Plinker! The club member who pays his or her subs and is happy just firing lead down towards the target some with such speed you would think they had shares in RWS! (Jack The Hat and Tackle Berry to name two)
    Or the Webley pistol plonker, I mean plinker.
    Then theres the low powered sporting rifle user who is just happy that their pellets reach the back stop, like Kev with his asthmatic Meteor. All full members of the club but most would come out in a rash or run a mile if you even mention the word 'competition'. All take up precious firing points but have absolutely no interest in anything involving scoring.

ATB
    TC1
    Just slap an MPL sticker on the back of four targets as you give them with the instruction to make 5 holes in each target with an MPL type pistol - if they don't own one - dig your magnificent HW70 club hack out - or lend them Steves

Once they have shot them, take the targets away and score them - the bug will grow and they will want to do a bit better next time!

Thats how we do it ( but without Steves pistol).

Actually we could borrow Steves pistol. true iner-club sportsmanship
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

mrfixit is offline There's many a slip twixt trousers and skip
    You have to be special to handle the Pardini,Ian special needs don't qualify him
    Home Page:
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Actually we could borrow Steves pistol. true inter-club sportsmanship
    You get enough concessions from Rivington with the number of dual-club members (glory hunters) who shoot for RMTC without Rivington lending equipment as well......
    Last edited by mikec4; 14-03-2013 at 04:58 PM.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Just slap an MPL sticker on the back of four targets as you give them with the instruction to make 5 holes in each target with an MPL type pistol
    And that's another thing - the assumption that everyone has the ability to count to 5. and can understand basic instructions......

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    You get enough concessions from Rivington with the number of dual-club members (glory hunters) who shoot for RMTC without lending equipment as well......
    Borrowing not lending - thats entirely different!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Borrowing not lending - that's entirely different!
    Previous post edited so you are totally clear about my meaning.......

Mike, youve forgot the biggest user of our 10m range. The Plinker! The club member who pays his or her subs and is happy just firing lead down towards the target some with such speed you would think they had shares in RWS! (Jack The Hat and Tackle Berry to name two)
    Or the Webley pistol plonker, I mean plinker.
    Then theres the low powered sporting rifle user who is just happy that their pellets reach the back stop, like Kev with his asthmatic Meteor. All full members of the club but most would come out in a rash or run a mile if you even mention the word 'competition'. All take up precious firing points but have absolutely no interest in anything involving scoring.

ATB
    TC1
    in my deffence (d1ckhead jones) iv,e been a member of rivington riflemen for going on 20years , in that time i have entered numerous competitions in both 10mtr pistol 10mtr rifle and all types of outdoor shooting comps. it's come to a stage now where i can't be bothered with all the bitching about dodgey targets ilegal this and that, and all the squabling that comes with it. so im quite happy having a day out up at the club without the hastle.
    whats wrong with that. and why im on a roll ? what comps have you entered into.
    Last edited by tazzi; 15-03-2013 at 12:52 AM.
    i am the master of suspense;but?

D**khead Jones / Tc1....... shhhurly u can't mean our esteemed / revered /leader / Hole Puncher
    ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by paul404 View Post
    D**khead Jones / Tc1....... shhhurly u can't mean our esteemed / revered /leader / Hole Puncher
    ;-)
    Ahhh thats our Kev. What he doesn't know about etiquette and Latins isn't worth knowing. The clubs self appointed cultural attache. He who walks around with one trainer unlaced because on the sole of the shoe it says 'TYWAN'. [Tie one] He who removed all the flowers in his garden because he heard of the dangers of nuclear plants. He who dismantled his greenhouse because he'd heard of dangerous greenhouses gases. A prime example of the clubs plinkers. God knows why he's 'on a roll'. ?
    Go Kev go! :You eat that roll sunshine.

As for your question: 'What compts have you entered in to?' Presently Im shooting in the MPL (hence this thread) and the CCL but, as these compts have only been plastered all over the notice board for the past 6 months, you wont know anything about them.

ATB
    TC1 aka D.H. Jones.
    (Stand bye and warm up the swear filter)
    Last edited by I. J.; 15-03-2013 at 08:35 AM.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Melegbait View Post
    Just a quick pointer here guys, RMTC won by the narrowest of margins as may be, but remember the 10 shooter rule was not applied and the RIVVINGTON scores were divided by 9 shooters, as we all know if the said rule would have been implemented the margin would have been much greater. Nuff said.
    Regarding other issues, proof will be provided.
    So you take the scores of two of Rivi's better shots, add them to RMTC,score, then crow about it.

With summer approaching I doubt you will see 10 shooters from Rivi again until next winter.

Oh no, who woke our Kev up. The mods will be watching this thread now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocity View Post
    So you take the scores of two of Rivi's better shots, add them to RMTC,score, then crow about it.
    Why??? Weve already let one of your members take 6 shots at a 5 shot card (allegedly)

Oh no, who woke our Kev up. The mods will be watching this thread now.
    The swear filter will be working over time and the big red button will come out of retirement.

ATB
    TC1
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

With summer approaching I doubt you will see 10 shooters from Rivi again until next winter.
    Well said John, and if mention is made again about applying rules rigidly to what is supposed to be a bit of fun and banter, I for one will be withdrawing my support.

I also object to being patronised by individuals who contribute little of value to this thread - my previous apology (see post #794) is withdrawn having failed to realise what fragile,
    precious and delicate individuals are part of the opposition team.

Ahhh thats our Kev. What he doesn't know about etiquette and Latins isn't worth knowing. The clubs self appointed cultural attache. He who walks around with one trainer unlaced because on the sole of the shoe it says 'TYWAN'. [Tie one] He who removed all the flowers in his garden because he heard of the dangers of nuclear plants. He who dismantled his greenhouse because he'd heard of dangerous greenhouses gases. A prime example of the clubs plinkers. God knows why he's 'on a roll'. ?
    Go Kev go! :You eat that roll sunshine.

As for your question: 'What compts have you entered in to?' Presently Im shooting in the MPL (hence this thread) and the CCL but, as these compts have only been plastered all over the notice board for the past 6 months, you wont know anything about them.

ATB
    TC1 aka D.H. Jones.
    (Stand bye and warm up the swear filter)
    Ian, you forgot to mention the Dorset league, which reminds me I've put your name and payment down. That will be £2:50p please on Tuesday when you come. 1st and 2nd rounds to be shot by Thursday 25th. April. You know, the usual procedure, stickers will be allocated when I see you then.
    I guess that's all of your months taken up then with all this competition shooting.
    See you Tuesday, be good, and if you can't be good be carefull and if you can't be carefull buy a pram.