Page 55 of 81 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: The Muscle Power League - whats that then?

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    Well said John, and if mention is made again about applying rules rigidly to what is supposed to be a bit of fun and banter, I for one will be withdrawing my support.

I also object to being patronised by individuals who contribute little of value to this thread - my previous apology (see post #794) is withdrawn having failed to realise what fragile,
    precious and delicate individuals are part of the opposition team.
    Im sure any comments about rigidly applying rules became out of context because its the written word and not the spoken word. Its difficult at times to get the feeling and meaning of comments over and sometimes the meaning can by misunderstood. This IS a fun competition with very basic rules. All competitions have to have some form of rules - what else would we bend?
    Lets get back to the ribbing which is to Olympic standard while the shooting side is, in some cases , leaving a lot to be desired.
    My nurse says - 'Im precious and delicate'. (But then he would. )

ATB
    TC1
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Hole Punch 1 :-) being conciliatory and politic..... I need a sit down ;-)
    By the way Ian have u broached Your idea re the age limit on CCL pistols .....;-)

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by Melegbait View Post
    Just a quick pointer here guys, RMTC won by the narrowest of margins as may be, but remember the 10 shooter rule was not applied and the RIVVINGTON scores were divided by 9 shooters, as we all know if the said rule would have been implemented the margin would have been much greater. Nuff said.
    Regarding other issues, proof will be provided.
    SCORING AND RESULTS.
    • All cards must be signed by the shooter and the appointed club scorer (who must be present when the cards are shot) - both to confirm the score and to identify the type of pistol it was shot with.
    • The club scorer will record the results and display them on both clubs web site for all to see.
    • Each club will have its own monthly MPL individual club champion based on the results recorded each month.
    • The total of all cards shot by each club will be added together and divided by the number of shooters taking part. The club with the highest average will be the winner each month.
    No reference in the RULES for 2013, as posted by Bob, to a minimum of 10 shooters or that total scores should be divided by 10.

Your club, your rules.

NUFF SAID?

Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Mike - I think you know there is no "10 shooter rule", but it was discussed in previous threads as perhaps being a good idea (along with anything else that may encourage scooping up a few unsuspecting newcomers to have a go in the MPL), but it was never implemented as a rule change - probably because it was not such a good idea in practice as some of your regulars have FT competitions in the summer and this will at times produce a problem for you guys to be able to make a team of 10 or more shooters.

We also don't change any rules without a good debate about it ( usually on this thread) - and then if we think it is a good idea we suggest it is applied to the next following seasons rules.

If you check the 2013 rules and compare them with the original rules, not much has changed apart from trying to make the scoring a bit easier for us all to follow - and that does seem to be a lot better, so I would say it was a change worth making.

I am surprised at the over-reaction to a little light hearted jesting from Geoff - I thought you were a war hardened banter campaigner - but I can assure you that no offence was intended - Geoff is a good bloke who has scored and checked all the MPL cards for us in a very good and impartial way, and then made them all available afterwards for everyone to see - so lets get all the toys back in the pram and trundle on along as normal ( including the banter ).
    Last edited by zooma; 15-03-2013 at 12:45 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Can I just have a rule clarification? Is it FIVE or SIX dummies to be spat and is it still over 10 metres?

Personally I think the MPL series has been far more successful than any one would have thought when we first came up with the idea. At present 3 RMTC members are within 6 points. Im chasing Mr Wilsons score - and Mr Wilson is chasing Paul 'Hippo' Wray. Anytime we go out the black the Samaritans get a phone call. O.K., so the numbers of entries at Rivi have declined recently but that can soon be put straight with a few kind words of encouragement and some threats.
    Now lets get the serious heads off and back to the intellectual comments. My God! We may even get Kev (TAZZI) involved then the rule book would have to be expanded.

ATB
    TC1
    Last edited by I. J.; 15-03-2013 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paul404 View Post
    Hole Punch 1 :-) being conciliatory and politic..... I need a sit down ;-)
    By the way Ian have u broached Your idea re the age limit on CCL pistols .....;-)
    Sssssshhhhh! Im thinking of ways of introducing a Vintage CO2 pistol compt but then again Im thinking of ways of introducing a Vintage SHOOTER class.

ATB
    'Thinking' TC1

Quote Originally Posted by Melegbait View Post

Ian, you forgot to mention the Dorset league, which reminds me I've put your name and payment down. That will be £2:50p please on Tuesday when you come. 1st and 2nd rounds to be shot by Thursday 25th. April. You know, the usual procedure, stickers will be allocated when I see you then.
    I guess that's all of your months taken up then with all this competition shooting.
    See you Tuesday, be good, and if you can't be good be carefull and if you can't be carefull buy a pram.
    Two Pounds Fifty pence?.have you still got that piece of string tied around his ankle?

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Two Pounds Fifty pence?.have you still got that piece of string tied around his ankle?
    I'm still paying for the last compt at 10pence per week.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    - so lets get all the toys back in the pram and trundle on along as normal ( including the banter ).
    Bob, I didn't throw my toys out of the pram; I just spit my dummy and after it went through the x-ring I couldn't find it amongst all the lead that's been thrown down the 10m range since the clean up 2 weeks ago.

I might invest in another or maybe take a chill pill for now

BTW the FWB 80 is back from its service ready for this month's MPL and the TAU-7 is now awaiting minor surgery ahead of the CCL.

ATB
    Mike
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Bob, I didn't throw my toys out of the pram; I just spit my dummy and after it went through the x-ring I couldn't find it amongst all the lead that's been thrown down the 10m range since the clean up 2 weeks ago.

BTW the FWB 80 is back from its service ready for this month's MPL and the TAU-7 is now awaiting minor surgery ahead of the CCL.

ATB
    Mike

Its good to have the old Mike back. We know he's no saint (Saint ''Barnard - get it? ) So youve got the '80 back and the Tau is being sorted - what will you be using in the VINTAGE CCL compts (pre 1960s )
    I know for your boyish good looks (Specsavers) that you would not be eligible for the VINTAGE shooters section in the 2 new compts Im envisaging

ATB
    TC1

ATB
    Mike
    Good News

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    what will you be using in the VINTAGE CCL compts (pre 1960s )
    ATB
    TC1
    It depends what Bob has for sale I suppose

It depends what Bob has for sale I suppose
    .......step into my parlour........

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Ahhh thats our Kev. What he doesn't know about etiquette and Latins isn't worth knowing. The clubs self appointed cultural attache. He who walks around with one trainer unlaced because on the sole of the shoe it says 'TYWAN'. [Tie one] He who removed all the flowers in his garden because he heard of the dangers of nuclear plants. He who dismantled his greenhouse because he'd heard of dangerous greenhouses gases. A prime example of the clubs plinkers. God knows why he's 'on a roll'. ?
    Go Kev go! :You eat that roll sunshine.

As for your question: 'What compts have you entered in to?' Presently Im shooting in the MPL (hence this thread) and the CCL but, as these compts have only been plastered all over the notice board for the past 6 months, you wont know anything about them.

ATB
    TC1 aka D.H. Jones.
    (Stand bye and warm up the swear filter)
    just full of charm and wit, with the looks and dress scense of steven hawkins
    i am the master of suspense;but?

Quote Originally Posted by tazzi View Post
    just full of charm and wit, with the looks and dress scense of steven hawkins
    You mean the intellectual intelligent professor? Why thank you oh portly one.

He luvs me really.