Page 6 of 81 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: The Muscle Power League - whats that then?

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Thats political speak!
    In layman and pistol persons language - YOU HAVENT A CAT IN HELLS CHANCE - of scoring a ten with a recoilless pistol.
    Now, wheres my Wobbly Webley?

ATB
    Ian
    I havn't shot pistol now for two years but seeing this banter I'm really tempted to get out my Wobley Premier or the Walther LP53, is there any prize money?
    The problem with the Wobley is more trigger weight and crap sights, so if I succomb to temptation it will probably be the LP53, now if you added a +5 point a card for a Wobley?
    We can't make a five person team from Norwich who will do it, now looking again I can't see the teams of five so did I misread that or have you amended it? Can we use false names and only tell you the real identity at the end!!!
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Hi Robin,

It would be great if you can encourage a few of your club members to join you and "have a go".

The rules are displayed on the first post of this thread and will also be displayed on the RMT section of the bobsairguns site permanently over the next few days.

You can see from the postings that this is not so much a deadly serious competition - more the excuse to dust off those classic .177 air pistols and use the MPL as another excuse to use them again. ( as well as an oportunity to have some fun with each other on this site).

The competition is open to all, but I admit I hope it will be used as an excuse to badger almost anyone that sets foot inside the club door to borrow a springer ( or SSP), give the club a quid once a month and join in with the fun.

I am not saying Olympic champions would not be welcome - but lets face it - it is not likely to be their scene now is it? But I would like to encourage regular club members and beginners ( and those that only shoot rifle normally) to spend enough time to put 5 shots on 4 cards ( hope this is not too difficult for some to understand!) during the last week of each month.

Not exactly too time consuming I would suggest, and it should be taken as a light hearted oportunity to get every club member involved - at least on some occasions - if not every month.

The size of the teams does not matter ( more the merrier) as the total score from each club will be divided by the numbers of shooters in the club that take part each month to produce the club average - and it is this that will be used for the inter-club match each month.

The individual scores can be used for an internal monthly club competition, and the top 5 from each club each month can represent the club in the Elite League that will close at the end of the year to produce the 2012 Elite League Champion Club. ...then we start again next year - and so on.

At the moment there is only RMTC and Rivvy taking part - so one of them will be the MPL Elite Club Champion this year - unless others such as your Norwich Club would like to join in the fray to make it a 3 way fight........

.oh - and we may well reserve the right to modify any clubs scores that look just too serious to be in involving club members at all levels as this would be against the spirit of the "competition"- but hopefully this action will never be required.

All clubs should try to also include average, non serious club pistol shooters and beginners. This is why we prefer 10 or more shooters from each club whenever possible as it will have a signifiant affect on the clubs declared monthly average score and help to even things out a bit.

As far as RMTC go we don't have any "elite" club pistol shooters (yet), and as yet I am not so convinced Rivvy have any either so it should just be good old fashioned fun and an excuse to play with the old toys again.
    Last edited by zooma; 02-08-2012 at 11:16 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post

As far as RMTC go we don't have any "elite" club pistol shooters, and as yet I am not so convinced Rivvy have either so it should just be good old fashioned fun and an excuse to play with the old toys again.
    Rivvy have some exceptional HFT shooters and a couple of really good pistol shooters but Im presently in the process of 'nobbling' them. Alls fair in love, war and pistol shooting.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Rivvy have some exceptional HFT shooters and a couple of really good pistol shooters but Im presently in the process of 'nobbling' them. Alls fair in love, war and pistol shooting.

ATB
    Ian
    Good Man - "really good pistol shooters" - we can't have any of that now can we?

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    I havn't shot pistol now for two years but seeing this banter I'm really tempted to get out my Wobley Premier or the Walther LP53, is there any prize money?
    The problem with the Wobley is more trigger weight and crap sights, so if I succomb to temptation it will probably be the LP53, now if you added a +5 point a card for a Wobley?
    We can't make a five person team from Norwich who will do it, now looking again I can't see the teams of five so did I misread that or have you amended it? Can we use false names and only tell you the real identity at the end!!!
    Robin
    You already have a fairly comprehensive choice of MPL legal pistols in your collection.........but there is no prize money on offer (unless you would like to sponsor some!).

The FWB Model 65, Walther LPM 1, and FAS 604 all qaulify for the recoiless pistol choice (score DOWN), and the Wobley Premier (good luck with that one), Walther LP53 could be your recoiling pistol choice ( score UP plus one point per card).

Maybe time for some test shooting to see how the scores work-out with the recoiling and recoiless scoring differences. From what we have seen so far, the system does give the recoiling pistols a very fair chance.
    Last edited by zooma; 02-08-2012 at 11:17 AM.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Thanks Bob
    If I do it it will be a recoiling, the Lp53 is such fun and the scores not that much different, the good shots still go in with it it just seems to help the flyers on their way a bit! As you know the pistol here is taken a bit serious, but I'm trying to talk two others regular PCP shooters who both occassional just for fun shoot Wobleys into doing it, so we may we able to make a 3 man "Team Recoiling"
    Don't worry our top people are too busy training to have any fun!
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    Thanks Bob
    If I do it it will be a recoiling, the Lp53 is such fun and the scores not that much different, the good shots still go in with it it just seems to help the flyers on their way a bit! As you know the pistol here is taken a bit serious, but I'm trying to talk two others regular PCP shooters who both occassional just for fun shoot Wobleys into doing it, so we may we able to make a 3 man "Team Recoiling"
    Don't worry our top people are too busy training to have any fun!
    Robin
    Sounds like the start of a plan........!

Don't forget to pick on the guys with the long stick's ( rifles) as well - they might just enjoy a bit of fun as well. They are probably allowed to smile once a month so try to get them recruited too!
    Last edited by zooma; 02-08-2012 at 11:18 AM.

Good Man - "really good pistol shooters" - we can't have any of that now can we?
    A good leveller is telling your opposition a quick Tommy Cooper type one liner while they are competing.

ATB
    Ian

A good leveller is telling your opposition a quick Tommy Cooper type one liner while they are competing.

ATB
    Ian
    ...or watching you trying to fill your RWS pellet sorter.

It works with me every time!

....or returning the wrong shot card!

Thats a new one I learnt recently.

ATB
    Ian

....or returning the wrong shot card!

Thats a new one I learnt recently.

ATB
    Ian
    It was worth swapping your card for a crap one when I brought it back from the trap to see the mystified look on your face - even better to see you checking the pistol over to see what had come loose!

The trouble is the longer you took trying to understand why you shot that card so badly, when it felt so good when you shot it, the more I laughed so it spoilt my next card too!
    Last edited by zooma; 02-08-2012 at 04:11 PM.

It was worth swapping your card for a crap one when I brought it back from the trap to see the mystified look on your face - even better to see you checking the pistol over to see what had come loose!

The trouble is the longer you took trying to understand why you shot that card so badly, when it felt so good when you shot it, the more I laughed so it spoilt my next card too!
    THATS why Im shooting for R.M.T.C. Anyone else with such a wicked sense of humour is hard to find.

ATB
    Ian

THATS why Im shooting for R.M.T.C. Anyone else with such a wicked sense of humour is hard to find.

ATB
    Ian
    It's a pleasure having your company - and you are not too bad a shot with a pistol either!

mrfixit is offline There's many a slip twixt trousers and skip

ATB
    Ian
    Oh I'm not sure about that traitor.
    Home Page:
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu

Quote Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post
    Oh I'm not sure about that traitor.
    He's a fully paid up member of the RMTC so all of our members (both of us) need to stick together!