Page 61 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: The Muscle Power League - whats that then?

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    There are no 'losers' if we get more people into the sport.
    Agreed - but it's strange they all seem to want to shoot for Rivi ; no development programme at RMTC then? Or is their time taken up fundraising for hall rental
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

RMTC have approx. 20 members (Im sure Bob will correct me on that) so 8 (with a possible 1 or 2 more on Tues) represents 40% of the clubs membership entering the MPL.

Rivi presently have a membership of over 120 (Im sure Alf will correct me on that) so 12 represents 10% of the clubs membership entering.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

ian your not doing the sport any favours by encouraging people to shoot very low scores, when the current team have done so well.
    ie encouraging people to shoot sub standard guns knowing it will effect the final scores then you throw christine into the ring to add insult to injury i would have expected better from you with the way you are about bringing the clubs name into disrepute . all your doing is aggravating your members,
    as can be seen by the replies on here. grow up it's only a bit of fun
    Last edited by tazzi; 28-04-2013 at 10:44 PM.
    i am the master of suspense;but?

Don't worry kev wait till next month with your new gun & a months pistol coaching under your belt

Instead of just your sh***y pants

my trousers are freshly pressed before i come out , thank you

Quote Originally Posted by tazzi View Post
    ian your not doing the sport any favours by encouraging people to shoot very low scores, when the current team have done so well.
    ie encouraging people to shoot sub standard guns knowing it will effect the final scores then you throw christine into the ring to add insult to injury i would have expected better from you with the way you are about bringing the clubs name into disrepute . all your doing is aggravating your members,
    as can be seen by the replies on here. grow up it's only a bit of fun
    Firstly, as stated previously I thought the whole idea was to encourage people to start 10m pistol shooting. Whether they get low scores is up to them. They are shooting against themselves and, hopefully, will improve and it gives them some practice under competition conditions even if they are rather lax. Several of our club members who wouldn't normally dream of entering 'serious' competition (like the Scottish) have entered the MPL - yourself included.
    There is no such thing as a 'team'. The club averages is taken for fun but the most important scores are the top 5 'Elite' in each club who shoot for the individual five top medal places in each club regardless of what the other club members score. There is no club/team trophy.
    'Sub standard guns' - you mean like the ASI Centre that Paul us all with? Its NOT the gun that counts. There is, of course, two club pistols, both eligible for the MPL, available to members if required.
    'Then you throw Christine into the ring to add insult to injury' I didn't see Christines score on the list.
    'Bringing the clubs name into disrepute' How ? I personally feel the MPL has done both RMTC and RR a world of good with regards to 10m pistol competition shooting. Please explain Kev.
    'Aggravating your members'. Nothing new there then.
    'Its only a bit of fun' I think if you read some of my previous posts on this thread you will see how ultra serious I take it.
    Last edited by I. J.; 28-04-2013 at 11:50 PM.

('Bringing the clubs name into disrepute' How ? I personally feel the MPL has done both RMTC and RR a world of good with regards to 10m pistol competition shooting. Please explain Kev. )

read my last post again. kev.

mrfixit is offline There's many a slip twixt trousers and skip
    Chill Kev,it doesn't matter.Yes he gets great enjoyment out of bad scores,made even better for him with bad pistols.I don't care what Rmtc score,the posts have moved now,for some of us the aim is to reel Hippo in(sometimes I think we may be gaining a little,then he gets 16 points added on)And secondly and the most important is to beat Ian
    The good thing is I'm pretty sure if you look at the scores,the majority will have improved.
    Home Page:
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu

RMTC have approx. 20 members (Im sure Bob will correct me on that) so 8 (with a possible 1 or 2 more on Tues) represents 40% of the clubs membership entering the MPL.

Rivi presently have a membership of over 120 (Im sure Alf will correct me on that) so 12 represents 10% of the clubs membership entering.
    Unfortunately we do not have 20 members - I wish we did - but it is not so easy to promote a damp cellar as being a great place to spend your leisure time. We are very lucky to have such good members that generate a pleasant club atmosphere and so we have no complaints to worry about.

We encourage all of our members to have a go at the MPL - we just don't have enough to make a bigger team, so our percentage of members to shooters is a fair bit higher than 40% closer to 90% most of the time as very few fail to get involved if they are available the week we shoot.

Having said that, we are going to make another two shooting lanes and hope we can find another 3 - 4 new members to make paying the rent a little more comfortable in the future and raise enough cash to install some auto changers as well.

Until then we will do what we can with what we have and continue to punch well above our weight.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)

There are lies, damned lies and statistics

Use what you feel justifies your argument .
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

my trousers are freshly pressed before i come out , thank you
    ('Bringing the clubs name into disrepute' How ? I personally feel the MPL has done both RMTC and RR a world of good with regards to 10m pistol competition shooting. Please explain Kev. )

read my last post again. kev.
    'My trousers are freshly pressed before I come out?' was your previous post.
    Your going to have to explain it to me word by word.
    Last edited by I. J.; 29-04-2013 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    There are lies, damned lies and statistics

Use what you feel justifies your argument .
    There is no argument. The average scores a fun way to help equalise the imbalance in club member numbers.

Steve (MrFixit) has hit the nail on the head. I get great pleasure on the rare occasions I beat him and I once even beat 'Hippo'.
    My main competitor is John (Gould - and his horse, Black Bess) at RMTC. We presently stand ONE point apart and have on occasions shot the same score. Last season ended up with us being just 2 points apart.
    Like its been said by many - you are shooting against yourself for one of the five medals http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...edals.jpg.htmlpresented in BOTH clubs. There is no team trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post

Or is their time taken up fundraising for hall rental

Yup - a lot of our time is spent just trying to make ends meet. We are the poor relations of the sport - but we are so much the richer for it !
    Last edited by zooma; 29-04-2013 at 08:56 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Yup - a lot of our time is spent just trying to make ends meet. We are the poor relations of the sport - but we are so much the richer for it !
    Agreed!

Rivi are in the enviable position of being long established and looked upon by the land owner as a charitable cause and with great benevolence - hence our low membership fees ( but lets not get Steve (MrFixit) started on THAT one. )