Page 62 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: The Muscle Power League - whats that then?

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    no development programme at RMTC then?

Our development programe is a bit like the best of the MPL virtues - to encourage as many newcomers as possible to give our sport a try, and if they do decide to come to the club, then we certainly try to get them shooting in the MPL at the first oportunity
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by tazzi View Post
    i shot for rmtc and marked my cards accordingly you FLID
    Aaaah _Ive re- read through your previous post with regards to your 'Putting my scores were they should be' remark. Just because you marked your card 'RMTC' doesn't mean to say your score goes on their list. Your not a member of RMTC and, for my knowledge, you have never even visited.

Still no nearer your 'bringing the clubs name into disrepute' comment though.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    There is no argument.
    Argument - some pertinent dictionary definitions:-

contention, debate, discussion, expostulation, questioning, logic.

​Would you like to consider further your recent comments??
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

ian your not doing the sport any favours by encouraging people to shoot very low scores, when the current team have done so well.
    ie encouraging people to shoot sub standard guns knowing it will effect the final scores then you throw christine into the ring to add insult to injury i would have expected better from you with the way you are about bringing the clubs name into disrepute . all your doing is aggravating your members,
    as can be seen by the replies on here. grow up it's only a bit of fun
    Ian is doing the sport a lot of favours on this thread - mainly by making daft and witty comments to have a laugh at, or by trying to "aggrivate" (your words - I would say "goad") his fellow club members in any way possible - but it is all very much tongue in cheek , and it has given everyone that reads this thread a good reason to have a chuckle from time to time.

Many people have commented that they aways read this thread as it is so entertaining - and it is mainly Ian and his regular "adversaries" like Mike and co that make this work so well.

Apart from the rules, there is very little serious comment in amongst the jibes and witty responses that should cause any offense to anyone as everything is all done "in the best possible taste" - and it makes this thread the best read of anything ever put on the BBS - good job I say - well done to all those that have had a go - and to the regular contributors in particular.

You are right - it is only a bit of fun, and Ian has brought lots of good publicity to this thread with his humour and mock attacks on his fellow Rivvy members, and their good humoured and witty responses have contributed to a really good read - and we have almost a thousand contributions so far - unheard of on any Target/Competition thread until the MPL started.

As well as promoting the MPL (and the clubs that take part in it) he has also done his best to encourage everyone he can to "have a go" - and that is exactly what the MPL is all about. We need newcomers to keep the sport alive - they may not be the best shots (they might be one day) but it really does not matter, we need to welcome them all and get them shooting......and the best way to provide affordable competition is in the MPL

telling me im not welcome at your club isn't a bit of fun and not his place to say so.
    calling me fat arse isn't witty, it's insultive . his intention as pointed out by some members was to sabortage rr's scores.
    i am the master of suspense;but?

...... . his intention as pointed out by some members was to sabortage rr's scores.
    I can only comment on the last part of your quote (that I have isolated here), because I am not a member of Rivvy (yet ) but rather suspect there is no serious problem to worry about other than keeping the banter ( from all parties) cival at all times ( but maybe not too tame as it will spoil the thread!).

.....anyway, the bit I can comment on is the bit of your quote shown above - and to get back into the spirit of this thread - I fear Ian was not as successful as we may have hoped as the Team Rivvy scores still look good to me, so he needs to work harder if he wants to sabotage the Rivvy scores.

Hopefully he is encouraging everyone to have a go at the MPL - newcomers and not so good shooters - anybody infact - we certainy do the same at this end and wish we had a few more to rope in, but as things are, everybody we have available is always included in our scores, we just don't have any more members to add to those shown.

We do show the clubs averages every month as this gives a guide to the overall club standard to include the best shooters right through from the top Elite shooters to the beginners, and this average is often factored into the bragging rights of the "best" club each month ....but it is not that accurate and could easilly be "manipulated" by either club failing to include a full cross section of the clubs shooting abilities - maybe not deliberately - but perhaps by chance depending on holidays and work patterns of the individual club members etc.

This is why we have the Elite League included in the MPL so the best 5 shooters in each club can be fairly recognised, and in this area the Rivvy Team excells, so what I am suggesting is that you have absolutely nothing to worry about - as far as the MPL is concerned

I also think those that pointed out that he was "deliberately sabotaging the Rivvy scores" are having the last laugh right now as we all know the competition is about encouraging newcomers to take up competetive air pistol shooting, and if we are to do that we must include all abilities and newcomers in our results each month as well as giving us all the best excuse going to play with our toys!

I'm off to speedway now - have a nice evening!
    Last edited by zooma; 29-04-2013 at 04:53 PM.

mrfixit is offline There's many a slip twixt trousers and skip
    telling me im not welcome at your club isn't a bit of fun and not his place to say so.
    calling me fat arse isn't witty, it's true:.
    Home Page:
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu

Quote Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post
    one day you will die, and i will laugh
    i am the master of suspense;but?

......better than words

We are all going to die... just some sooner than others, or is that some later than others.... whatever.... On a more cheerful note, I don't have a fat arse but i do have man boobs and a very expensive beer belly. And as a complete beginner, I entered the MPL because it was a light hearted fun , no stress competition for me as a new starter to the sport(just this year) My scores are cr4p, but they are my scores rather than just plinking away are targets (of course for 15mins according to RR club rules) and they are getting better

So Thank you to the guys that started this one. we can't all afford Steyr etc olympic styley pistols.

calling me fat arse isn't witty, it's insultive . his intention as pointed out by some members was to sabortage rr's scores.
    Kev (TAZZI) I profoundly apologise if my words have upset you. Please tell me the post number where I call you a 'fat arse' (I cant find it) and I will will delete it immediately to stop any further distress.

Without sounding like Im poaching members, and hopefully with Bobs consent, I think it should be known everyone is welcomed to visit RMTC club shoots. (Perhaps a PM to Bob first?). Steve (MRFIXIT), John (NO CITY) and Jack (MR GRUMPY) have been amongst others (and what a night!).
    There is a few simple rules, mainly common sense and safety, and a small expenditure. Membership however is another matter for Bob to explain in person. I intend to go this Thurs (2nd) so hopefully I will see you there Kev.

I think I may have mentioned, several times, that while the PML is presently held amongst two clubs it is NOT a team event and there is no team/club trophy. There is only individual medals for the top 5 in each club. We have, in the past, referred to the clubs averages but as this seems to have caused some consternation amongst posters on here I personally wont mention these figures in future and I will only post the MPL scores on here when I receive them from the 'Man-From-DelMonte'. This should stop me being in any further conflict.

ATB
    Ian.
    Last edited by I. J.; 29-04-2013 at 06:46 PM.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Ian is doing the sport a lot of favours on this thread - mainly by making daft and witty comments to have a laugh at, or by trying to "aggrivate" (your words - I would say "goad") his fellow club members in any way possible - but it is all very much tongue in cheek , and it has given everyone that reads this thread a good reason to have a chuckle from time to time.

Many people have commented that they aways read this thread as it is so entertaining - and it is mainly Ian and his regular "adversaries" like Mike and co that make this work so well.

Apart from the rules, there is very little serious comment in amongst the jibes and witty responses that should cause any offense to anyone as everything is all done "in the best possible taste" - and it makes this thread the best read of anything ever put on the BBS - good job I say - well done to all those that have had a go - and to the regular contributors in particular.

You are right - it is only a bit of fun, and Ian has brought lots of good publicity to this thread with his humour and mock attacks on his fellow Rivvy members, and their good humoured and witty responses have contributed to a really good read - and we have almost a thousand contributions so far - unheard of on any Target/Competition thread until the MPL started.

As well as promoting the MPL (and the clubs that take part in it) he has also done his best to encourage everyone he can to "have a go" - and that is exactly what the MPL is all about. We need newcomers to keep the sport alive - they may not be the best shots (they might be one day) but it really does not matter, we need to welcome them all and get them shooting......and the best way to provide affordable competition is in the MPL
    I agree totally with the sentiments you express Bob; the strength of this thread relies on the ability of the protagonists to take it as well as dish it out and to realise where the boundaries are.
    If you care to look in any detail, comments are rarely personal in content and very much tongue in cheek, mainly between acquaintances who appreciate just how far to take things.

The overall success of the MPL and the interest in pistol shooting at Rivi is a testament to both you and Ian - we held a pistol coaching session recently and were presently surprised by the level of interest and the willingness to listen and learn.

Long may the MPL and CCL prosper.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

rules

Chill Kev,it doesn't matter.Yes he gets great enjoyment out o

bad scores,made even better for him with bad pistols.I don't care what Rmtc score,the posts have moved now,for some of us the aim is to reel Hippo in(sometimes I think we may be gaining a little,then he gets 16 points added on)And secondly and the most important is to beat Ian
    The good thing is I'm pretty sure if you look at the scores,the majority will have improved.
    Steve ive just checked the rules for you O:-)
    If YOU were to embrace the four letter word (GAMO) You too would be eligable for a 16 (not 12 ij ;-)) bonus:-)
    You just need to MAN up and blow the dust off your GAMO :-)
    Hippo

I will be back in the +16 zone next month as I now own 2 as new falcons 1 still in its box just have to make the grip bigger so I can hold the damn thing. Anybody wanting a good mpl pistol I now have a choice of 8 at very good prices to Rivi & RMTC members So everybody kiss & make up & let's get on with OUR FUN!!!!! Comp

Quote Originally Posted by Fat stig View Post
    I I now have a choice of 8 MPL pistols at very good prices to Rivi & RMTC members
    I thought you sold everything to fund your LP10 John Have you bought a "bin end" of old stock or something