Page 63 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Thread: The Muscle Power League - whats that then?

mrfixit is offline There's many a slip twixt trousers and skip
    Quote Originally Posted by paul404 View Post
    Steve ive just checked the rules for you O:-)
    If YOU were to embrace the four letter word (GAMO) You too would be eligable for a 16 (not 12 ij ;-)) bonus:-)
    You just need to MAN up and blow the dust off your GAMO :-)
    Hippo
    I know mate,but I'm not interested in an artificial scoreNot that I don't agree with the handicap system.I take my hat off to you as you hit 180 plus genuinely with the Gamo,so still win.
    Maybe next season shoot a non recoil as a matter of interest,I'd hazard a guess your scores wouldn't be much better than with the Gamo but I'd be interested.
    Or maybe really rub our noses in it and forfeit your handicap
    Home Page:
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    I thought you sold everything to fund your LP10 John Have you bought a "bin end" of old stock or something
    I sold more than I needed to Mike & I got an offer I couldn't refuse some really nice pistols in good condition all mpl legal. Some need a reseal which I know will cost a few quid but should still make good buys for mpl & new starters. I'm not looking to make any money on them, but would like to get back what I've paid & keep one of the origanal model 6m's for my trouble

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat stig View Post
    I sold more than I needed to Mike & I got an offer I couldn't refuse some really nice pistols in good condition all mpl legal. Some need a reseal which I know will cost a few quid but should still make good buys for mpl & new starters. I'm not looking to make any money on them, but would like to get back what I've paid & keep one of the origanal model 6m's for my trouble
    Good for you top man !
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by Rixs View Post
    We are all going to die... just some sooner than others, or is that some later than others.... whatever.... On a more cheerful note, I don't have a fat arse but i do have man boobs and a very expensive beer belly. And as a complete beginner, I entered the MPL because it was a light hearted fun , no stress competition for me as a new starter to the sport(just this year) My scores are cr4p, but they are my scores rather than just plinking away are targets (of course for 15mins according to RR club rules) and they are getting better

So Thank you to the guys that started this one. we can't all afford Steyr etc olympic styley pistols.
    Great to have you on board Rixs - have fun - thats what it's all about.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

forfeit

Quote Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post
    I know mate,but I'm not interested in an artificial scoreNot that I don't agree with the handicap system.I take my hat off to you as you hit 180 plus genuinely with the Gamo,so still win.
    Maybe next season shoot a non recoil as a matter of interest,I'd hazard a guess your scores wouldn't be much better than with the Gamo but I'd be interested.
    Or maybe really rub our noses in it and forfeit your handicap
    Forfeit the handicap!
    I was hoping to get one introduced in the ccl for using pistols over 50 years old :-)
    Or I could join the cutting edge co2 Steyr / Walther girls ;-)
    Hippo

mrfixit is offline There's many a slip twixt trousers and skip
    Quote Originally Posted by paul404 View Post
    Forfeit the handicap!
    I was hoping to get one introduced in the ccl for using pistols over 50 years old :-)
    Or I could join the cutting edge co2 Steyr / Walther girls ;-)
    Hippo
    Forget it,all the ccl's we've played with shoot well
    Home Page:
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu

Quote Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post
    Forget it,all the ccl pistols we've played with shoot well
    Yep - even the miniature soda siphons......
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Last chance to shoot the April MPL tonght - most results are now in, but we still have a couple of our regular competitors to shoot so lets try and get them completed tonight.

Aprils MPL final results.

RMTC
    Ian Jones. FWB65 - 173
    John Gould. FWB103 - 166
    Bob Stiles. Centre. - 165
    Richard Stiles. FAS604 - 162
    Geoff Radovic. FAS 604 - 162
    Graham Burns. FWB65 - 161
    Jackie Radovic. FAS 604 - 158
    Phil Hewitt. Baikel. - 144
    Richard Shepard. K58 - 137
    Glen Moulton. K58 - 137.

R.R.
    Paul Wray. Centre. - 196 (not 197*)
    Steve Wilson. Pardini. - 178
    Steve Wright. FWB80 - 177
    John Ward. FWB65. - 176.
    Ron Blair. FWB65. -160
    Graham Myers. HW45 - 153
    Mike Barnard. FWB80. - 151
    Shaun Bell. Org 10. - 145
    Richard Caughey. FWB65. - 142
    Kev MacDugal. Wobbly Webley. - 135
    Andy McLauchlan. Wobbly Webley. - 118
    Paul Nutter. Webley Alecto. - 108

* The Man from DelMonte (his Mrs is a peach ) says this http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...tml?sort=6&o=1 is a 44 not a 45. 4@9 & 1@8.)
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

That's definitely a 44.

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

Quote Originally Posted by I. J.;5952029
    * [I
    The Man from DelMonte (his Mrs is a peach ) says this [/I]http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...tml?sort=6&o=1 is a 44 not a 45. 4@9 & 1@8.)
    It was a 10 when we gauged it........

if you zoom right in x400 you can clearly see it's a nine
    i am the master of suspense;but?

It gauged at 10, someone needs to shell out on a gauge at RMTC.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocity View Post
    It gauged at 10, someone needs to shell out on a gauge at RMTC.
    They won't; the Mark 1 eyeball is free and usually comes in a pair as standard equipment.

Efficiency can be less than 100% though........

Much ado about nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    They won't; the Mark 1 eyeball is free and usually comes in a pair as standard equipment.

Efficiency can be less than 100% though........
    If the hole cut by the pellet is not touching the dividing line between the two scoring areas then it does not score up. It has to actually touch the line to score up - not just get close to it!

I have nothing to do with the scoring and respect the final decision of the official scorer as his word is FINAL (somebody has to do it) - but I did look at the shot in question to see what all the fuss was about ( with my best reading specs on) and the shot concerned does NOT touch the line so it does not score up.

We do have a magnified scoring gauge we can refer to if need be - but even with the naked eye this particular shot clearly does not touch the line.

If this shot did score up it would not affect the inter-club average result in any case - but we still like to make sure the scores are correct and take all scoring challenges seriously enough to check them again very carefully and also keep the card safe for future inspection and reference.