Page 64 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Thread: The Muscle Power League - whats that then?

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    It was a 10 when we gauged it........
    Chuck the gauge away and buy a new one that works better - or use it before going to the pub!
    .don't suppose I will get any response to this contribution..shame really........we have almost got to the magic record breaking one thousand replies on this magnificent MPL thread
    Last edited by zooma; 01-05-2013 at 07:24 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocity View Post
    It gauged at 10, someone needs to shell out on a gauge at RMTC.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    They won't; the Mark 1 eyeball is free and usually comes in a pair as standard equipment.

Efficiency can be less than 100% though........
    Well obviously (as the rivi one must now include 12ga sized holes), gauges can fail with time hence the mark 1 eyeball.

I think rivi need to invest in a new gauge or chuck it and invest in some better mark 1's or a decent magnifying glass.

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Chuck the gauge away and buy a new one that works better - or use it before going to the pub!
    .don't suppose I will get any response to this contribution..shame really........we have almost got to the magic record breaking one thousand replies on this magnificent MPL thread
    Quote Originally Posted by karandras View Post
    Well obviously (as the rivi one must now include 12ga sized holes), gauges can fail with time hence the mark 1 eyeball.

I think rivi need to invest in a new gauge or chuck it and invest in some better mark 1's or a decent magnifying glass.
    I refuse to dignify either of these comments with a response...... (see post #128 on "MPL pistol" thread on NWAF)
    Last edited by mikec4; 01-05-2013 at 10:21 PM.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

go on mike admit defeat.
    i am the master of suspense;but?

Just read the past three pages or so of this thread, and was a bit surprised to see some of the negative comments regarding fielding "duff" shooters (of which I currently consider myself.)

Having known "Turncoat Jones" for many years now, I would be very surprised if this alleged occurrence was deliberate in any way. Lets face it, none of us are shooting as if our lives depended upon it (just as well in my case) and Ian is hardly like to refuse the likes of myself or anybody else wishing to put a score in for Rivington. I personally think that comments leading to any allegations of "knobbling" are out of line and way off the mark. We are all very fortunate to have the likes of Ian, Bob and many others residing within our region that put considerable efforts into making our sport more enjoyable for the many participants. Not just with pistols either.

Anyway, I would just like to say that I intend to join in with your monthly competitions from this point, and hope, with the help of Paul, Mike and Steve, to improve my scores to acceptable averages sooner rather than later. Negative "serious" comments have a tendency to upset people who do not deserve it and people should think very carefully about what they commit to words on an internet forum, as the result is often people getting upset who really don't deserve it, as in this case.

My own personal target for any of the competitions will currently be 150. The Rivington club is indeed fortunate to have so many talented pistol shooters who are ready, willing and able to impart the knowledge required to defeat those Rossendale upstarts. Its great to have something else that doesn't just involve rolling about in mud on an HFT course all year, and I am sure that Rivington pistol shooters will work it up the competition just as much as the current HFT team works it up those 'orrible southerners with all their wierd and wonderful rule books, vernier gauges and last minute to suit themselves target pulling. Believe me, friendly banter regarding the position of a shot on a pistol card is much more mild. Just don't ever do it to me "Man from Delmonte" or I will sulk for a week and sabotage "Turncoats" car with swift vengance.

Its great to be on board anyway!

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Nice to have you back Andy - even if you do intend shooting in for the wrong team - you will still be welcome to visit us at RMTC anytime you fancy some good company - either to shoot 10 metre pistol or 6 yard bell target on a Thursday night.

You may also like to take a look at the new thread I have started about a 6 yard MPL "postal" series that can be shot from home or the club as it gives a bit of interesting variety and is an individual series only - not a team event.

I have posted some provisional rules for comment and discussion and hope I can get enough support to get this new series started very soon.

See:--MPL 6 Yard Postal Competition - another chance to shoot your MPL pistol(s) anywhere you can without having to go to a club range - outdoors even - although RMTC will also have a 6 yard range available on Thursday nights alongside the bell targets and I am sure Rivvy will come up with something as well if enough of their members fancy having a go at the shorter distance for a change.
    Last edited by zooma; 02-05-2013 at 06:58 AM.

Its great to be back Bob and I look forward to the 6 yard comp as well.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    Its great to be back Bob and I look forward to the 6 yard comp as well.

Andy
    ...still got that yellow tutu?

Some luverly suzzies to go with that figure hugger Bob.........x

Some luverly suzzies to go with that figure hugger Bob.........x
    Dont forget to wear the full ensemble when you visit the range!

Matching high heels currently at cobblers being resoled. Its frightening how quickly a girl can wear out her shoes.

Still, it will be worth it as I have just bought some lovely shiny tights, sorry, stockings that will put the final touch on my new outfit. All I need now is a matching handbag and I am "away."

Does anybody have a yellow handbag that they might be willing to donate?

Andy

Matching high heels currently at cobblers being resoled. Its frightening how quickly a girl can wear out her shoes.

Still, it will be worth it as I have just bought some lovely shiny tights, sorry, stockings that will put the final touch on my new outfit. All I need now is a matching handbag and I am "away."

Andy
    .could be worth asking Ian - he may have one

Didn't know they did a high heeled clog

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

Andy

Try A.G.Meek...."the matching's unique at A.G.Meek"....

Actually, Ian might have something in his handbag collection. It will probably made in Germany though......