Page 65 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Thread: The Muscle Power League - whats that then?

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    It will probably be made in Germany though......
    You'll probably be able to invade Poland then ........that should be an interesting spectacle with you in tutu, basque and stockings wielding a forged steel handbag.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

No way Mike, for that type of operation it would have to be thigh length leather boots and a leather greatcoat.
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    NICE!!! (with apologies to John Thomson of the Fast Show)
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

I guess its good to have a full wardrobe to cover every eventuality
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Its time for the next round of the first seasons MPL of 2013.

A few people can only loose out if they cock up BIG style.

Personally I cant afford to shoot bad. Im chasing someone and being chased by John (& Black Bess)

Good luck.

ATB
    Ian (TC1)
    Last edited by I. J.; 23-05-2013 at 01:17 PM.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

The MPL is shot during the LAST week of the month - so that is NEXT week.

Now we can all breath easy again!

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    The MPL is shot during the LAST week of the month - so that is NEXT week.

Now we can all breath easy again!

Hold your breath again!

THIS week Thurs 23rd - Thurs 30th (neither club meets on the Friday 31st - today is the 24th ) IS the last week in the month unless Rawtenstall have invent a few more days.

I think its the shock of getting a Hammerli Match for his birthday on the 32nd April that got Bob confused

ATB
    TC1
    Last edited by I. J.; 24-05-2013 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Friday 31st added

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Hold your breath again!

THIS week Thurs 23rd - Thurs 30th (neither club meets on the Friday 30th- today is the 24th ) IS the last week in the month unless Rawtenstall have invent a few more days.

I think its the shock of getting a Hammerli Match for his birthday on the 32nd April that got Bob confused

ATB
    TC1
    ....you only have 30 days in May?

We have Friday 31st - and of course the weekend of Saturday the 32nd and even Sunday the 33rd, and because it is Bank Holiday we also have the extra bonus of Monday 34th as well.

Come on now - what were you thinking of?

....you only have 30 days in May?

We have Friday 31st - and of course the weekend of Saturday the 32nd and even Sunday the 33rd, and because it is Bank Holiday we also have the extra bonus of Monday 34th as well.

Come on now - what were you thinking of?
    My new, to me, guns.

Have you been drinking the water up at Rivi????

ATB
    TC1

[I]

Have you been drinking the water up at Rivi????

ATB
    TC1
    Now you are just being silly

The scores for Mays MPL are in (with the exception of Paul (Hippo) Wray who was on hols).

R.R.

Paul Wray. Centre. 192
    Steve Wright FWB80 179
    John Ward FWB65 178
    Steve Wilson K58 170
    Ron Blair FWB65 163
    Mike Barnard FWB80 157
    Kev McDonnell. Centre. 151
    Shaun 'Ding Dong' Bell. Org 10 142
    Andy McLachlan. Org 6G 133
    Graham Myers. HW45 128

R.M.T.C.

Ian Jones (TC1) FWB65 180
    Graham Burns. FAS606 171
    Richard Stiles. FAS604 166
    Geoff Radovic. FAS604 164
    Jackie Radovic. FAS604 163
    John Gould. P103 148*
    Philip Hewitt. Baikel MP53M 141

* John didn't shoot his best tonight due to his horse being injured. It fell out of the vice when he was shoeing it! He'll be back on form soon.

ATB
    Ian
    Last edited by I. J.; 06-06-2013 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Paul Wray score added.

MPL Summer League 2013.

We are just collecting the last of the Round 6 competition cards form everybody to complete the 2013 Winter Series.

We start the 2013 Summer Series ( despite the weather ) next month when we shoot the July cards.

Following the debates and discussions I propose that we reduce the kicker bonus to +3 points per card in an attempt to more reasonably equalise the scores between those that shoot with a recoiling pistol and those that choose to shoot with a SSP or recoilless spring powered pistol.

No other rules changes are suggested or needed IMO, so if we have no serious objections between now and the end of July when we score the Round One cards for the MPL we will score the kickers +3 points per card from now onwards.

This season has seen some very close results between RMTC and Rivvy Clubs but more importantly it continues to encourage newcomers and rifle shooters to give target pistol shooting a try at an affordable price - and to get involved in some healthy banter along the way

We have a newcomer joining us next week who as just received a new HW45 for his 61st birthday and he is looking forward to shooting it with us so lets hope he is the first of many more that we can encourage to join this most friendly relaxed and enjoyable of all 10 metre target competitions.

Kicker Bonus

As there has been no response to the previous comment regarding the downwards adjustment of the kicker bonus from +4 points down to +3 points per card we will assume this is OK with everyone as it affects all MPL competitors.

Hopefully the previous debates and comments have covered this situation well enough and once this change is made we should be able to leave the kicker bonus at +3points per card as a permanent rule that will not need to be revised again.

The MPL competition has gained some good support since it first started and has not needed any significant changes to the original rules, but the "innovative" scoring system was not so easy to understand and since it has been simplified so all cards "score up" in the regular way the final "tweak" has been to use the results we have gained so far to make a final adjustment to the kicker bonus to give as even a playing field as possible for those that choose to shoot with a kicker or a recoilless air pistol.

As there has been no response to the previous comment regarding the downwards adjustment of the kicker bonus from +4 points down to +3 points per card we will assume this is OK with everyone as it affects all MPL competitors.
    Oh Im sure there will have been plenty of response. Mainly mumblings in their corn flakes and chatterings in their porridge. Some will wait till have way through the next round and start saying 'Its unfair .... it should be blah-de-blah-deblah.... ' but I think the idea is sound and like it so - yes. 3 points per card it is.
    Im away from air guns this week but will pick the last of the Rivi MPL cards next week and their CCL and get them over to 'The Man From DelMonte' and I will score the CCLs.

ATB
    Ian

Oh Im sure there will have been plenty of response. Mainly mumblings in their corn flakes and chatterings in their porridge. Some will wait till have way through the next round and start saying 'Its unfair .... it should be blah-de-blah-deblah.... ' but I think the idea is sound and like it so - yes. 3 points per card it is.
    Im away from air guns this week but will pick the last of the Rivi MPL cards next week and their CCL and get them over to 'The Man From DelMonte' and I will score the CCLs.

ATB
    Ian
    Thanks Ian,

Enjoy your holiday !