Page 7 of 81 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: The Muscle Power League - whats that then?

Quote Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post
    Oh I'm not sure about that traitor.
    What a novel way of saying 'I dont want the FWB65'.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    What a novel way of saying 'I dont want the FWB65'.

ATB
    Ian
    That tatty old '65 of yours works a treat - keep it as a back-up to your even more impressive Model 80.

My much "newer" Model 80 (probably the same age, but has no signs of any use) needs a lot more work before it gets close to performing as well as your well run-in and super-smooth Model 80, and I don't think we have enough time to rattle a few more thousand pellets down the tube before round one.

...I may have to use something else !

Now where did I leave that Wobley,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    That tatty old '65 of yours works a treat - keep it as a back-up to your even more impressive Model 80.
    That's all very well Bob as long as he can afford to pay a lackey to cock it for him......

Mike.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    That's all very well Bob as long as he can afford to pay a lackey to cock it for him......

Mike.
    RMTC has an "all inclusive" membership package that includes free tea and lackeys ( when required).

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post

Mike.
    Whats your rate?

'Gladys' works for 3 Ginger nuts per hour. Give him a full packet and hes yours for the week.
    Mind you - even Gladys doctor calls him 'Mr Fortnight' because hes two weak!!!!

ATB
    Ian

Our RMTC "Head of Competitions" has just returned from another fortnight away in France terrorising the local Carp population, only to find we have made some more work for him when he was away with the new MPL.!

I lent him a Model 80 on Thursday, and to our surprise he got on quite well with it - "like a duck to water" - with no sedation needed after prising his beloved P44 away from him for a few minutes. Mrs " Head of Competitions" preferred the FAS 604 as the FWB took a bit too much effort to cock - but also did pretty good with that pistol as well.

Hopefully we have two more entrants for the MPL competition.

I think they are afraid to go take the caravan out again this year as they might find I have invented another competition when they are away!
    Last edited by zooma; 05-08-2012 at 10:09 AM.

Oh God, no! You never mentioned you had 'fishers' in the club. Theres a sign on our club notice board which states: 'THE WORDS FISH OR FISHING IS BANNED'. There is several of our club members who partake in this worm drowning activity and some even mess about with imitation flies. I think they call it Fly Fishing - one caught a 4lb blue bottle.
    Its one sure way of knobbling the competitive pistol shooter off as it sends them to sleep. Now, where did I put my ear plugs?

ATB
    Ian

Oh God, no! You never mentioned you had 'fishers' in the club. Theres a sign on our club notice board which states: 'THE WORDS FISH OR FISHING IS BANNED'. There is several of our club members who partake in this worm drowning activity and some even mess about with imitation flies. I think they call it Fly Fishing - one caught a 4lb blue bottle.
    Its one sure way of knobbling the competitive pistol shooter off as it sends them to sleep. Now, where did I put my ear plugs?

ATB
    Ian
    Come on Ian - lets not cast any dispersions about our clubs intrepid fishist's, lets concentrate on baiting the oposition and reeling them into our keepnet - you are the course master in this neck of the brew.

Come on Ian - lets not cast any dispersions about our clubs intrepid fishist's, lets concentrate on baiting the oposition and reeling them into our keepnet - you are the course master in this neck of the brew.
    You mean - ' a wind up' merchant.

I did notice the other day when I was a Rivvi (spying ) a great quantity of pistol paper targets arrived. Me thinks they need the practice.
    Its a lot cheaper with a Wobbly Webley of course because its 5 shots before they hit owt.

ATB
    Ian

It was good to see John G with his new 103 banging the lead into the black tonight on his first time out to play with it.

The 103 is probably the ultimate MPL weapon of mass target destruction and it will be great to see him with it in the MPL. I believe Rivvy have a shooter with a 103 as well, so this kind of even's up the artillery a bit, and we may have somebody to give TC1 a good RMTC scoring partner.

I also have a 103 - but I am more of a collector than a shooter these days, so I guess that would be the same as me using a Wobley - so maybe I will!

I do have a nice Model 6G (I bought it on BBS last week) - but I have no post element to fit it, and the ring element that was fitted is too small to fit the front sight tunnel properly and is not the correct one for the pistol.

I have collected lots of elements over the years from Feinwerkbau, Walther, Anschutz and Original etc and all of them are about 16mm across (like the one inserted in this 6G when I bought it) but they are all too small for the Model 6G front sight tunnel and do not fit either centrally or securely).

This Model 6G looks like it needs an element that is 19mm across! Does anyone have one by any chance?
    Last edited by zooma; 08-08-2012 at 07:24 AM.

MPL Administration

As the time to start shooting the MPL gets ever closer, we need to get the admin side of things sorted - including basic things like stickers for the targets and a printer to print them with.

I have a good lazer printer from Brother that is no longer being used that just needs a new cartridge to get it back into action again, and it is also fast enough to print the labels quicker than we can shoot them, so this looks like a good tool for the job.

I need to find the best source for some sheets of stickers so we can make our own logo and then get a load of them printed. My guess is that printing them ourselves is the best way to go - but maybe a commercial printer would be better if we can find one in our area that can give us a good price?

I will check to see if I can find a good printer in Rossendale that will do a thousand for us to start with - can somebody at the Rivvy end ( Ian maybe?) check to see if you have a good printer in Blackburn as well please?

We will generate the artwork for the labels - so all we need a commercial printer to do is supply and run-off the stickers.

We can compare prices if we can come up with anyone, but if not I suggest we buy a cartridge for this Brother lazer printer and a stack of labels and do it ourselves - fairly quickly!

I suggest we go down the print our own on BIG labels so that the Wobbly Webleys and R.R. members put at least one pellet through them.

ATB
    Ian

I suggest we go down the print our own on BIG labels so that the Wobbly Webleys and R.R. members put at least one pellet through them.

ATB
    Ian
    OK - we are designing a nice logo for the label today.

BTY - did you say you thought a Parker Hale front sight element may fit the Model 6?

Once I find a proper fitting element for it we can press it into MPL service - it does look like a very good example, and the anatomical stock is nice too.
    Last edited by zooma; 08-08-2012 at 10:52 AM.

This Model 6G looks like it needs an element that is 19mm across!
    Ive just had a look and the biggest one Ive got is 17.2mm (Parker Hale? ).
    Have you tried a converted hoola-hoop? You could use my halo. or buy a copy of the Periodic Table - theres plenty of elements on there.

ATB
    Ian

I would like to try the fit of the Parker Hale if you don't mind as that is a fair bit bigger than the ones I have - so it should be better.