Thread: The Muscle Power League - whats that then?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I was going to use a new onto the market super duper s.s.p. wonder gun but it only lasted less than 100 shots before it broke. That will teach me to wander away from German pistols. (FWB65/80)
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    I was going to use a new onto the market super duper s.s.p. wonder gun but it only lasted less than 100 shots before it broke. That will teach me to wander away from German pistols. (FWB65/80)
    I take it you refer to the latest Italian FAS 6004 that seems to have used very soft alloy in the mainframe - not ideally suited to the use of a steel 2mm steel rear sight adjuster screw that can easily strip the soft alloy frame as the elevation is adjusted.

The close proximity of the similar sized spring loaded detent ( almost touching each other) makes it impossible to re-tap and increase the size of this screw to 3mm ( or bigger) or to insert a helicoil to fix it.

The design needs a re-think in this area and possibly the use of some better quality alloy as well.

Shame really as this could be a really nice pistol but at this moment it is not the sturdiest choice available and an original 604 would be a better choice until the new model problem is resolved.
    Last edited by zooma; 23-07-2014 at 10:08 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Thats the one! It took ALL my strength and a tommy bar through the biggest screwdriver I could find to strip that alloy (or so some would have you think. ). Actually it was a 5p piece between my finger and thumb. '2mm steel thread into alloy'
    Still awaiting a reply from the manufacturer through my retailer.
    Although the rear sight wouldn't adjust low enough at 10m for me, I was prepared to make a taller foresight. "Just one last try to lower the back sight .... oooops.... ...sh*t!"
    Im just a little concerned now what metal they have used for the trigger sears.
    Ive got to give it to the Wobblys. At least they use steel.

In praise of Webleys Ian. :-)
    Never Never Never Never can you insult Britains best ( Steel ) match pistol again ;-)
    Ps good luck with your Fas warranty claim :'(
    If you need to borrow a mans pistol in the meantime. ....... :-):-)
    Wob

Quote Originally Posted by paul404 View Post
    In praise of Webleys Ian. :-)
    Never Never Never Never can you insult Britains best ( Steel ) match pistol again ;-)
    Ps good luck with your Fas warranty claim :'(
    If you need to borrow a mans pistol in the meantime. ....... :-):-)
    Wob

13 minutes before you spotted me saying summat good about Wobblys Perhaps my example of the FAS6004 was a rouge one. Im still awaiting to hear what the manufacturer has to say. That in itself isnt a good thing.

You will have to wait a lot longer than 13 minutes for my next praise of a Wobbly!

13 minutes before you spotted me saying summat good about Wobblys Perhaps my example of the FAS6004 was a rouge one. Im still awaiting to hear what the manufacturer has to say. That in itself isnt a good thing.
    It looks like the FWB65 or 80 will have to be dusted off for the next round as Im still awaiting some news, any news about my (rogue?) FAS6004

ATB
    Ian

Perhaps my example of the FAS6004 was a rouge one.

If you really have a rouge example I would try to get it fixed and keep it as the red colour will be very rare - and possibly unique
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Im seeing red.

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    If you really have a rouge example I would try to get it fixed and keep it as the red colour will be very rare - and possibly unique
    As it's an Italian pistol surely it must be rosso ?
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal