Page 77 of 81 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1205

Thread: The Muscle Power League - whats that then?

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    That's why 2 teams and 6 individuals shot the Dorset 10m pistol league this summer with excellent results and our usual 8 shooters competed in the SPA 10m pistol summer series.....

ATB
    Mike.
    ........no time left for the MPL series then?

The good thing is that the MPL series has helped to create the interest that has probably encouraged target pistol shooting to be more popular in both clubs and the follow-on from that will be a greater interest in other pistol competitions too.

.......but to encourage new-comers to have a go at the sport at a modest cost and to promote the use of classic air pistols there is nothing as good as the MPL series for getting people started with the feeling of equality irrespective of budget - and once started a natural progression is to try other competitions like those you mention in your reply.

However, in previous years the MPL series has seen less support from the Rivvy club members during the summer and the field target season has been given as the reason for this.

This has never been seen as a problem as some of the field target shooters were also MPL pistol shooters who only had so much time available and needed to prioritise their time to their main interest - but it has been good to see a few of them have a go at pistol shooting for the first time and without the MPL series creating an interest this may not have happened.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    This has never been seen as a problem as one of the field target shooters was also an MPL pistol shooter who only had so much time available and needed to prioritise his time to his main interest
    Sorted that misconception for you there Bob.......the guy in question can't shoot pistol any more due to an industrial injury incurred when his own van crushed him against his Chelsea tractor.

BTW the short form of Rivington is Rivi
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Sorted that misconception for you there Bob.......the guy in question can't shoot pistol any more due to an industrial injury incurred when his own van crushed him against his Chelsea tractor.

BTW the short form of Rivington is Rivi
    Hi Mike - are you suggesting that only ONE newcomer from the Rivvy club was either encouraged or tempted to have a go at pistol shooting since the MPL series was started then?

If so then I think you are wrong about that - and the interest this series has generated has also helped this to become the best supported thread ever seen on the BBS Target/Competition shooting section of the forum - check the numbers for yourself - over 108,400 views so far !

We all hope Steve can return to full health eventually as his wit and interesting contributions have been sadly missed and I hope his "industrial injury" does not stop him enjoying his rifle shooting as he is a good shot with both air pistol and air rifle and his collection of classic air pistols that he built up during the time he shot in the MPL has certainly been interesting to see - and his generous loan of them for us to see ( and sometimes photograph) has always been appreciated.

I never knew there was an "official" spelling when the Rivington Club name is shortened or abbreviated - but thanks for the "heads-up". Here on the BBS and in the RMTC we have affectionately referred to our friendly rivals at the Rivington Riflemen as the Rivvy Lads.

The BBC abbreviate the Southampton football team as "SOT" when they are playing on Match of the Day. "SOU" has also been seen previously. Both are examples of unofficially shortening a longer name with alternative spellings - it happens quite a lot !
    Last edited by zooma; 21-08-2014 at 07:52 AM.

Some early scores are starting to creep in.

R.M.T.C.

Mike Swales (I would guess FWB80) - 181
    Ray Boucher (???) -155
    Gareth Small (???) - 151

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Some early scores are starting to creep in.

R.M.T.C.

Mike Swales (FWB80) - 181
    Ray Boucher (HW40) -155
    Gareth Small (Pardini K58) - 151

ATB
    Ian
    Type of air pistol used has been added. CCL scores also sent.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Type of air pistol used has been added. CCL scores also sent.
    But this is the MPL.

But this is the MPL.

Cut zooma some slack I. J. you know Rawtenstall's the centre of a time slip........
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Cut zooma some slack I. J. you know Rawtenstall's the centre of a time slip........
    Shouldn't that be 'slime tip' ?

Yes - damn this Spoonerism

You are only jealous of our brand new sewer - and before you ask the answer is "NO" - you cannot upgrade by moving into it

Well, the MPL scores for September have been flying in (did you get my hint of sarcasm there? )

Here they are (so far):

RMTC.

Ray Boucher (HW40) -155

R.R.

Ian Jones (FWB100) - 181
    Paul 'Hippo' Wray (Wobbly) 159 + 12 = 171
    Shaun 'Ding Dong' Bell - (Org 10) - 160
    'Do One' Ron Blair (FWB65) - 152
    Graham 'Mike' Myers (HW45) - 116

'Hippo' would have shot better but half way through his compt his Wobbly started to fall apart which surprised me.

It surprised me in that it made it to half way!

Looks like the double turncoat Ingrid has now started shooting for the Rivvy team again.........must be something to do with the op - now that heshe can multi-task maybe both teams will be represented by the same person?

A couple more scores have been prized out of the competitors:

RMTC.

John G(eeGee) (FWB103) - 168
    Ray Boucher (HW40) -155
    Chris G (FWB90) - 155
    Paul Nolan (HW40) - 143

R.R.

Ian Jones (FWB100) - 181
    Steve Wright (in the afternoon) (FWB80) - 171
    Mike (St) Barnard (FWB80) - 160

ATB
    Ian
    Last edited by I. J.; 07-10-2014 at 09:38 PM. Reason: score added.

Paul Nolan was shooting an HW40.

Well, the MPL scores for September have been flying in (did you get my hint of sarcasm there? )

Here they are (so far):

RMTC.

Ray Boucher (HW40) -155

R.R.

Ian Jones (FWB100) - 181

'Hippo' would have shot better but half way through his compt his Wobbly started to fall apart which surprised me.

It surprised me in that it made it to half way!
    Wobbly bashing again Ian.... it saddens me to notice the lack of patriotism in the mpl pistol line up :'(
    Shame on you all :-)
    Its all about the taking part ;-)
    As for reliability of my 60 year old Wob I have only one comment Ian .....New FAS anyone :O
    Hippo