Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chronograph

Chronograph

Hi guys - I am after a bit of advice. I have decided to invest in a chronograph so I think one of those that fits on to the end of the barrel is probably the best option.

Does anyone have any advice on which chrono and where to get one from at the best price please??

Cheers
    Neil
    My youtube channel and please subscribe if you like itShooting at Dawn
    Facebook group Air Rifles

Quote Originally Posted by neil180 View Post
    Hi guys - I am after a bit of advice. I have decided to invest in a chronograph so I think one of those that fits on to the end of the barrel is probably the best option.

Does anyone have any advice on which chrono and where to get one from at the best price please??

Cheers
    Neil
    Dunno mate, I tried my mate's Combro, which sits at the end of a barrel, but recently bought a 'proper' Chrony F-1 chronograph, and it's much better and - ultimately - more versatile (IMO), as I shoot powderburners, too.

Not to mention the fact you can measure the speed of elastic bands, catapult ammo and many more

Edit: Got a tip off here that 'Merlin Archery' are the cheapest for the F1 at around £85

Neil,

Pehaps the MangnaSpeed when it reaches our shores?

I know it works with lead boollits but not sure if a pellet will work?

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by neil180 View Post

Cheers
    Neil
    A worthwhile investment whichever model you buy, I got mine from a well known auction site !

I just use a combro pal it does the job if your just using a air rifle i cant fault it , its a well needed piece of kit tho !
    Craig

Combro cb625 does the job and could save you a holiday at one of Her Majsteys Establishments
    AA TDR .22 - AA S200 .22 AA S410 .177 Beretta 92 FS and a slingshot
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b2...etupnew006.jpg

I have 4 chronos, including the Combro.

Advice, however, is that the muzzle should be at least 10" from the chrono, to prevent spurious readings.

CO2, or heavy dieseling can greatly affect the readings.

This is an obvious disadvantage with such system.

My favourite chrono is the Skan, well worth investing in.

I noticed, during recent checks though, that my Combro runs about 4 fps lower than my others.

A best mid range chrono, and probably the most versatile, is the Chrony F1, though they can be a little light fussy.

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

Quote Originally Posted by thibben View Post
    Neil,

Pehaps the MangnaSpeed when it reaches our shores?

I know it works with lead boollits but not sure if a pellet will work?

Terry
    Since I never heard of it, is this the one you were refering to? It's MagnetoSpeed.

http://www.magnetospeed.com/
    Walther Dominator/Hammerli AR20FT / Webley Eclipse Mk 1/ Weihrauch HW40

barrel is online now Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Quote Originally Posted by Yammer View Post
    Since I never heard of it, is this the one you were refering to? It's MagnetoSpeed.

http://www.magnetospeed.com/

That's expensive and probably wont do anything a Chrony cannot.

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

a combro is around 30 quid. last i hear if you went onto their website they would send you one posted for £40.40

they do the job and can easily fit into your gun bag too. well worth the money. if you're thinking of doing a massive string of shots, they can be a bit awkward as you have to reset it before each shot, but work well enough.

Yammer,

The main point of the Magneto speed is you do not have to go in front of the firing point i.e. you don't have to wait or do any of the 'lining up' associated with normal chronos.

It also works for all types of firearms which is a boon for some.

brgds

Terry

Just recently brought a prochrono about 100 quid ish give or take a few pounds... Really happty with it seams to perform what ever the weather comes with sun shades too.
    Highly recommended friend

I have a Combro MK4 which is a good piece of kit and has served me well but it can be fiddly at times when testing multiple rifles. Recently purchase a Chrony F1 for £94 and built a homemade remote switch (for less than £5) to enable the functions as I don't like printers. Next project is to connect it up to a PC and phone. Don't think I'll be using the Combro much now - possibly as a back-up Chrono or one to have on me in the fields.

Combro is great, got mine direct from the manufacturer for £40 and some change. Works perfectly on my PCPs but not entirely sure it works that well on my ProSport or TX200. Probably because of the fact the rifles recoil and it's attached to the barrel.

If all you are going to use it for is testing PCPs then its fine.

My m8 has the combro mk4? i think its the newest one anyway, very good for keeping your rifle running on the button and not over !!...i was just wary incase you dont line the hole up with the barrel properly but hes never had that problem. Cheap too!!!
    Ruger 1022 Tactical Custom .22lr
    CZ 452 Style .22lr
    AirArms s200 mk3 .177