Thread: What Silencer ?

What Silencer ?

Hi guys what would be the best type of silencer to use on a Berretta 92 FS Pistol as i already have the adaptor fitted.

cheers
    colt

my brother had a weihrauch fitted to his government 1911 umarex and the accuracy was very poor and even a few pellets clipping the silencer,

I'm not the most knowledgable person but having shot the weihrauch on the colt I'd recommend a stubby silencer IMO

ATB

Weihrauch works fine on my 586 fitted with a Magicniner adaptor- no clipping, quiet as anything and velocity fine- its that good, it has set up permanent residence. I don't know what sort of adaptor was fitted to the 1911 so can't comment on that, (although I have seen standard CP88 adaptors fitted to 1911s and have doubts as to how well they fit which could induce such issues). Nick also does a "proper" threading for 1911s to accept a (supplied) adaptor- if its as good as the 586 one, its the way to go.

The Beretta adaptor is different from other standard ones for Umarexes, rather more secure IMHO, and should cope with most silencers. You could go for a lighter silencer, but if the adaptor is naff, you will still be likely to meet with problems.

Quote Originally Posted by short-carabine View Post
    Weihrauch works fine on my 586 fitted with a Magicniner adaptor- no clipping, quiet as anything and velocity fine- its that good, it has set up permanent residence. I don't know what sort of adaptor was fitted to the 1911 so can't comment on that, (although I have seen standard CP88 adaptors fitted to 1911s and have doubts as to how well they fit which could induce such issues). Nick also does a "proper" threading for 1911s to accept a (supplied) adaptor- if its as good as the 586 one, its the way to go.

The Beretta adaptor is different from other standard ones for Umarexes, rather more secure IMHO, and should cope with most silencers. You could go for a lighter silencer, but if the adaptor is naff, you will still be likely to meet with problems.

your probably right to be fair, it was a cp88 adapter too lol, if that was the case then a shorter silencer would have suited my brother like,

It was very quiet though, id still recommend a stubby one as I think they're more aesthetically pleasing

ATB

Quote Originally Posted by peterdaniels View Post
    your probably right to be fair, it was a cp88 adapter too lol, if that was the case then a shorter silencer would have suited my brother like,

It was very quiet though, id still recommend a stubby one as I think they're more aesthetically pleasing

ATB
    Ahh, I did wonder. If he wants a good silencer option for the 1911, might be worth looking at Nick's site. The 586 one works a treat! The main thing is to make sure the silencer doesn't obscure the sights!

Silencer

I have found that the BSA Ultra silencer is good, although not the quietest on the market it is one of the shortest and doesn't overpower the look of the gun, it also keeps the gun balanced.
    I use mine on a 2240.
    These were pretty cheap to get hold of as most Ultra owners wanted something longer and better.
    Ken