Thread: .177 Webley Tempest wanted.

.177 Webley Tempest wanted.

Has anyone seen a nice condition Webley Tempest for sale anywhere?

It needs to be a .177 as all my Webleys seem to be .22, and I am keen to try one in the new Muscle Power League since they don't seem to be given much of a chance at being competetive.

For the same reason I would like to find a .177 barrel for my Webley Premier as I think that could do well in the MPL as well, but I will make a seperate post for that so as not to hijack my own Tempest thread!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

tempest

I had a one from new in .177 & despite careful tuning it didn't shoot half as nice as a .22 one my freind just sold on here. they seem much harsher & recoil more in .177. I found his .22 much more accurate & a fairly flat trajectory using .22 thunderbolts (the only gun i found liked them!)

Thanks for the warning - perhaps the .177 Tempest is not the best choice Webley pistol to shoot target with then......or maybe you just had a bad example?

It would be interesting to hear from anyone who has found similar results as it could just be that the .22 Tempest is a better shooting model than the .177 version, and your experience was typical and not unusual.

hi zooma
    im pretty sure ive got a mint tempest with both 177 and 22 barrels here somewhere,if your still looking for one
    rgds scirroco

Quote Originally Posted by scirroco View Post
    hi zooma
    im pretty sure ive got a mint tempest with both 177 and 22 barrels here somewhere,if your still looking for one
    rgds scirroco
    My Webley pistol collection was reduced to just the one nice F series boxed Premier Mk 1 some years ago, and now I would like to try and rebuild it so I am interested in any nice Webley pistols at the moment if the condition is good and the price is even better!

Please send me a PM with some details - thanks!