Thread: Claret Cup round 7 at Worcester

Claret Cup round 7 at Worcester

Today , under glorious sunny skies we shot the 7th round ..... or tried to shoot !!

The wind was rather unpredictable , gusting strongly , and confounding every one .

But as always some chaps just seem to have the knack of slipping the trigger at the precise moment the wind drops .... and they turn around with a happy smile ...

Others of us shoot & listen intently ..... to the sound of silence ..... Oh no !!! Another darn zero !!!

Pete Foote & Tom Morgans were a bit grumpy about a target at 42 yards instead of 40 yards .... but they top scored for the day despite the monor mishap.
    A target was discovered to be faulty before the comp & an incorrect size was put in by mistake .
    However , a lot of chaps flattened it , and all ended happily .

Thanks to Johnny & Ian who prepared every thing on saturday , and all the competitors who helped set up & put away afterwards .

Very encouraging to welcome new shooters . A big day , with big winds .....

Results :_

1) Peter Foote 48
    2) Tom Morgans 48
    3) Rob Lamerton 45
    4) Mick Boswell 45
    5) Darrin Lynn 45
    6) Ian Sheppard 45
    7) Zak Godsell 44
    8) Mick Goodenough 44
    9) Johnny Smith 42
    10) Ian Treadwell 42 1st Springer
    11) Lee Malpass 40
    12) Mark Russel 40
    13) Lee Marsh 39
    14) Ry Tombs 39
    15) Phil Tombs 39
    16) Gerry Baillon 38
    17) Jason Scott 38 1st 22
    18) Alex Dermietzel 37
    19) Tom Workman 36 2nd 22
    20) Mark Leonard 36
    21) Ryan Massey 36
    22) Mike Crumplin 34
    23) Jeremy Massey 32
    24) Ernie Goodman 30
    25) John Holder 29 2nd Springer
    26) Steve Woodward 23
    27) Roland Jones 21 3rd Springer

it was very tricky today,i do not shoot when there is any wind and was very happy with my first outing with my mtc connect scope.scoring 44 with 2 misses i think was pretty good.thank you to johnny and ian for what was a good shoot

Another awesome day at WAR. Very difficult conditions that spoilt many a card, several people either misranged targets or played it safe going for a body shot:confused. Certainly alot drier than it has been up there for a while. Hats off to the guys again for putting on a challenging but enjoyable course.